When we meet he'll be red carded
    Colbacks gonna get a yellow too!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Colbacks gonna get a yellow too!
      And get caught offside a fair bit too

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        I was reading yesterday that Bristol City have a chronic striker shortage so maybe he feels he has more chance of starting games there than here. Bit of an odd move though. All the clubs linked with him are middling Championship sides who may or may not finish above us. It's not as if he is joining a team fancied for promotion. Not to mention our training facilities etc. Doesn't seem enough of a step up for me to make it really worthwhile even if you put a positive spin on it and allow for some extra wages.
        Sadly, transfers are often driven by agents own financial interest. An agent has often more to gain from a transfer fee than from a prolonged contract. I do not intend to imply that this is the case for Armstrong, but I am convinced many transfers are made in the best interest of the agent, and not the player. In the case of Armstrong, I suspect BC can offer better terms, as they have a bigger budget.

While Armstrong can be a handy impact sub, I cannot see much more under Marti. Marti often plays with one striker, and I doubt Armstrong would ever fit that bill, leading our attack. In the right set up, if a team plays to Armstrongs strength, I think he could be a very useful striker despite his obvious shortcoming (poor touch, poor overall technical abilities, often bad decision making, lack of stamina etc). I guess Armstrong will go on to be a decent Championship striker, but with his limitations I cannot see that he has PL potential, the way PL teams prefer to play these days.

I see references to different transfer fees - the last one I have seen is just under £2m (before the Shamrock cut I suppose). Anyhow, I find that to be a very decent fee, given his contract is running out next year.

Comment

Bristol messageboards are funny, they think they've signed a real gem. I think we've mugged them off.

Comment

Sadly if he does leave we know what’ll happen - the QPR bounce back where someone who was bang average for us becomes a superstar somewhere else

Comment

UPDATE - Offish says he’s gone

Comment

He has allot to work on however I think the boy has all the tools to become a superstar. I'd be shocked if we didn't include a 20% sell on fee.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Always felt he couldn’t implement teams tactics. Remember Fox running up field to tell him what to do at end of season. He seems better at offside than he was but took a whole contract to do that.

Comment

Good deal for us. Wasn't going to sign new contract.

Four goals in sixty games, poor.

Comment

Did he ever start a game and play a full 90 minutes?
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I don’t think in 50 odd years of watching Rangers , I have ever been so undecided on a player, could he be a great player, could he end up in Division 2.

Looks like a boxer has many faults, however I’m still think it could happen for him.

Not sure City fans will be as patient as we were with him.

Comment

Scored on his debut - Nakhi wells scored the other!

Comment

He’s history now & not bothered but thanks for putting up info

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                              He’s history now & not bothered but thanks for putting up info
                              I’m with you Jeff we gave him an opportunity to play at a better level him and agent believe he’s better than what we offered once we’re not good enough move on and give someone else the opportunity that may be kolli who knows

Comment

It could be Kolli, that's true. However, he is in a similar position to SA! He will be free at the end of the season. Are we going to do the same mistake? Let him sign a four year deal before pushing him to the first team.

Comment

Working...
                                X