Sinclair Armstrong off to Bristol City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Sinc fee rumoured to be £2.5m with 25% going to Shamrock Rovers. If true, we'd get £1,875,000 which will add £36k a week to our budget for one season.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...478814680.html
    Also hearing £2.5m, apparently both Stoke and Bristol City have offered this and it's down to Sincs to decide which club he wants.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Imagine if both Sincs & Willock ended up in League One ... Baardiff & Stoke / Bristol City could easily struggle again this season

Comment

£2.5 Mill with add ons is good business - i am not sure he has what it takes to go the further. pace is his biggest asset but no final ball or finish.

the one thing is he is different to what we have dykes / frey and offers a different problem for defenders.

Needs to play in a front 2

would be sad to see him go but i think Marti realises he is not quite what we need.

I think Kolli has shown more in the little time he has had.

Comment

Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post
          Imagine if both Sincs & Willock ended up in League One ... Baardiff & Stoke / Bristol City could easily struggle again this season
          i don't think Bristol C will struggle - and Cardiff are buying a few decent players - no idea about stoke although they did get the Rotherham goalkeeper who is decent

Comment

Armstrong laid on about as many assists as goals in a team that struggled for a large part of the time he played.
            He did super important things for the team when he played.
            He would scare the opposition and create space by pulling defenders out of position.
            He was also an outlet when we were being pulled back to go and take the ball up the other end and get fouled or ensure it didn't come back instantly.

When we played to his strengths, balls down the outside, into the corner, for him to roll into or just infront of him to run onto he was great. When he humped it up the field in the air for him to win an battle in the air he was lost. When he has the ball he could pick out a pass and find the right player, I don't recall him passing the ball away on any occasion of significant frequency for a player performing this type of role (normally on their own).

The thing with this kind of player is they don't often stay health their whole career. So maybe now is the right time to cash in.
            I also think he's not a number 9, but I think he could be developed into and have a good shot at filling the Willocks role this year and grown into it imho.

Look at this play for an example of what I mean.

Feels like exactly what Willock would do for us a season or two ago. Defender was scared, didn't know if he was going to shoot or pass, and that created space.
            If whomever gets Armstrong develops him to do more of this, he keeps healthy, he's going to be a target for Premiership teams in a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
              £2.5 Mill with add ons is good business - i am not sure he has what it takes to go the further. pace is his biggest asset but no final ball or finish.

the one thing is he is different to what we have dykes / frey and offers a different problem for defenders.

Needs to play in a front 2

would be sad to see him go but i think Marti realises he is not quite what we need.

I think Kolli has shown more in the little time he has had.
              25% sell on fee to Shamrock Rovers to take into account.

Comment

Would prefer to keep him but if he won't extend his deal then no brainer to sell.

Suspect at moment he is number three striker and I hope we intend bringing it at least one more even if we kept him which would make him number 4. He does offer something else with his pace and physicality. However after he first broke into team two years and showed glimpses my hope had been he would really push on last year and stake a claim for a regular starting birth, especially with our lack of striking options. For me the technical side did not show anywhere near enough improvement. We saw some good moments and he was a useful option, mainly from the bench, but did not see enough to convince me he was going to be more than a squad player.

He could improve and we will be bemoaning him moving on but if he won't sign may as well get what we can and move on. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Comment

The 25% we have to give to Shamrock Rovers is slightly irritating - why didn't we just offer them some nets, corner flags and training vests? I'll feel happier if we insert our own sell-on clause into his move though. That said, I'm wondering if right now he has actually attained his maximum value and he'll just drift down a division or two in coming years. Maybe I'm just feeling cheesed off with our players preferring to join no-mark tinpot clubs like Cardiff, Bristol and Stoke.... It baffles me, it really does.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    The 25% we have to give to Shamrock Rovers is slightly irritating - why didn't we just offer them some nets, corner flags and training vests? I'll feel happier if we insert our own sell-on clause into his move though. That said, I'm wondering if right now he has actually attained his maximum value and he'll just drift down a division or two in coming years. Maybe I'm just feeling cheesed off with our players preferring to join no-mark tinpot clubs like Cardiff, Bristol and Stoke.... It baffles me, it really does.
                    In terms of moving on to mentioned clubs Willock I’d say offered more cash possibly a lower release fee

As for SA Bristol stoke I don’t think marti will see him as a starter and only a sub player and perhaps he wants starts I don’t think he’ll ever be much better than a bit part player and if he’s got a better offer cash in move on and replace his 2nd touch is a sliding tackle or throw in

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

In terms of moving on to mentioned clubs Willock I’d say offered more cash possibly a lower release fee

As for SA Bristol stoke I don’t think marti will see him as a starter and only a sub player and perhaps he wants starts I don’t think he’ll ever be much better than a bit part player and if he’s got a better offer cash in move on and replace his 2nd touch is a sliding tackle or throw in
                      They're getting offered more money, it's as simple as that. If they offered more, either they have more money available for player salaries or they value the player more than we do. It's not about club status.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        The £1.8m we'll net from SA is equivalent to £36k a week or £18k over two seasons. If Marti and team can find a better free transfer striker from that transfer money then it's happy days.

Like you, I don't think SA/Dykes will get much better, and I'd prefer them to misfire for other clubs than us.

I think the new regime will spend the money wisely and I won't be upset to see either leave us.

Comment

Chosen Bristol City according to Fabrizio Romano.
                          meh

Comment

Medical today apparently

His pace is a massive threat to any side at any level just can't see him finishing often enough

Comment

I was reading yesterday that Bristol City have a chronic striker shortage so maybe he feels he has more chance of starting games there than here. Bit of an odd move though. All the clubs linked with him are middling Championship sides who may or may not finish above us. It's not as if he is joining a team fancied for promotion. Not to mention our training facilities etc. Doesn't seem enough of a step up for me to make it really worthwhile even if you put a positive spin on it and allow for some extra wages.

Comment

I'm gonna call it now.
                                When we meet he'll be red carded

Comment

Working...
                                X