Field and Colback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field and Colback

Do you think we need Issac Hayden or similar to add to Field and Colback due to to guaranteed suspensions and possible injury’s, or is Dixon Bonner that extra man, I hope we can stretch the budget to add another just in case .

Agree, we do need additional holding midfielder. Signing Hayden means Dixon-Bonner won't get on pitch. He'll become 4th choice. Needs to play at his age.

Tough balancing squad depth with giving opportunities to young players.

My view, sign young holding midfielder, 20-21 or promote development squad player.

Hayden was good choice last season but not this season.

Comment

We mostly play 4-2-3-1 but Martis prefered set up seems to be 4-3-3. Because of this he might need at least two more midfielders. Hayden might be one of them but I am not certain.

Comment

We need as many players as possible that could earn us some transfer money in the further. There no value in Colback or Field, so why bring in another that won't have resale value?

Bring in a 24-25yr old who might bring future value whilst still having the experience needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
          Agree, we do need additional holding midfielder. Signing Hayden means Dixon-Bonner won't get on pitch. He'll become 4th choice. Needs to play at his age.

Tough balancing squad depth with giving opportunities to young players.

My view, sign young holding midfielder, 20-21 or promote development squad player.

Hayden was good choice last season but not this season.
          With 5 subs, even as a fourth choice he would get game time when suspensions bite. We need more than 11 players for each match.

Comment

I think Colback, Field and EDB is plenty. If we were looking for additions in this area I'd favour a younger utility player who could provide cover for 2 or 3 positions rather than someone like Hayden.

Beyond that I think it's futile trying to pin down a rigid formation in today's game. Modern coaches like Marti seem to have a fluid approach about where players position themselves - different shapes depending on who's in possession and where the ball is. I think this means that having a player or two just sat screening the defence is a bit of an outdated concept. I suppose we have to think of "roles" rather than "positions" nowadays: it's not "who is playing there?" it's "what players are covering that area?".

Comment

Working...
            X