No announcement yet.

Willock: Bargain deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbal agreement for a 2 year deal is being banded around.
    Apparently just ironing details before signing.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      If true I suspect he's aligning his contract with Marti's?

This would be a great compromise and it gives Willock a good season to prove his fitness and ability after a stop start few years. Perhaps hes hoping to secure a premiership club next summer, with a small fee for us if he gets his form back on track.

Comment

The odds on Marti still being here in even 12 months must be astronomical. I can't see that any footballer would consciously align their contract with a manager given managers normally get sacked after a year. There are threads on here casting doubt if Marti will be here in August. If Willock signs and stays for 2 years he'll probably serve under 5 different managers....

Comment

Whatever happened to giving it 100% , regardless of who my manager is.

Comment

This is huge where did you hear this, I'm just getting concerned as it feels like it's gone very quiet and I'd imagine he is very much in demand
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

This is huge where did you hear this, I'm just getting concerned as it feels like it's gone very quiet and I'd imagine he is very much in demand
              I think Willock is in no hurry to make up his mind. The transfer window has just started, and I think he will take his time, considering his options. I would be surprised if he has agreed something with QPR at this early point in time. I am not surprised that we have made him an offer though, but I fear he will get more attractive offers from others. But if the rumour about a verbal agreement is indeed correct, I welcome it, provided we have applied a dose of common sense in what we are willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Over on the Russian/Ukranian Rs supporter group on TG.
                Apparently a verbal agreement prior to him going off on his holiday.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Apparently, we should know Chris' decision by the end of the week, and it looks like Brum may be the only other interested party.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Apparently, we should know Chris' decision by the end of the week, and it looks like Brum may be the only other interested party.
                    I'm not surprised if you look at his performances collectively over the last two seasons. Still a great signing for us and an opportunity for him to show consistency to get a bigger deal elsewhere in a few years.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Fraggy. If this is indeed correct, I am surprised that some of the bigger guns in the Championship have not made a move. We all know the pros and cons with Willock, but on his day there are few better players in this division, so I thought quite a lot of clubs would take an interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X