Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Season

A FIRST MATCH AT THE SELECT CAR LEASING STADIUM IN 2024-25

Rubén Sellés' Royals will take on Queens Park Rangers on Saturday 27th July 3pm, as our preparations for the new campaign continue to gather momentum.

Nice of Rangers to give the biscuits a glamour game game to kick their season off.
    They've been through hell, so .....

Comment

Results don't count for anything in friendlies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Results don't count for anything in friendlies!!!

-
        Yeah, but need to be cute. I think playing a League One team is daft - a hiding to nothing. Reckon it's best to play a team outside the EFL, say a foreign team (including Scottish ones) or a 3rd tier international team (including Scotland) or a Prem team.

Then if we lose we can put it down to them being a better class of opposition. We will take a 2/3 thousand fans to Reading. Imagine a repeat of the Oxford debacle - it would really pee a lot of people off and dent our momentum and optimism. Whereas getting stuffed my Montenegro or Hibs would just result in a shrug of the shoulders.

Comment

I see squad are off to Gerona.

Found this place in Lloret de Mar....

https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/lof...=total;ucfs=1&

Perfectly named apartments!

S'pose you could stay in nearby Tossa de Mar but I'd worry about it being overrun with CFC divs.

Comment

QPR will spend 11 days in Spain as part of our preparations for the 2024/25 Championship season.

The first-team squad will fly out to Girona in the north of the country on July 1st and play two fixtures, which are to be confirmed, before returning to London on July 12th.

Due to venue limitations, both fixtures will be contested behind closed doors.

Streaming information for our pre-season campaign will also be confirmed in due course.

Comment

Ridiculous to play behind closed doors why not let the fans watch, all other teams allow their fans to travel and watch pre seasons abroad, 'm sure there's quite a few R's who would love to go and watch theses games

Comment

Why wouldn't they book fixtures where the fans can watch , doesn't make sense .
                Might have had a few days out there .

Comment

Tottenham at home 20th July.
                  Good fixture!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Good fixture!!
                    We attract opponents like this when we have an attractive style of play that resembles Premier League and a proper manager. It is very unlikely that Spurs would even consider an invitation to play QPR last summer. They would probably have declined right away (As there are decent money involved in these friendlies, I am quite sure we inquired a Premier side or two also last year).

I fondly remember the two friendlies against Man U and Leicester two years ago. Even though those matches counted for nothing, the pleasure of beating Man U was even better than a regular league win, as I have many Man U supporters as friends and work mates. All our players upped their game that day and we played them off the park for 75 min, scoring some beautiful goals.

The match against Spurs will be the highlight of the summer break.

Comment

We also seem to attract decent players from Prem clubs when we are playing a good style of football
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Brighton at home on 3rd of August as well as Spurs at home, good tester for us

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We attract opponents like this when we have an attractive style of play that resembles Premier League and a proper manager. It is very unlikely that Spurs would even consider an invitation to play QPR last summer. They would probably have declined right away (As there are decent money involved in these friendlies, I am quite sure we inquired a Premier side or two also last year).

I fondly remember the two friendlies against Man U and Leicester two years ago. Even though those matches counted for nothing, the pleasure of beating Man U was even better than a regular league win, as I have many Man U supporters as friends and work mates. All our players upped their game that day and we played them off the park for 75 min, scoring some beautiful goals.

The match against Spurs will be the highlight of the summer break.
                          Yes I think you're right.
                          We attracted utd and foxes under warbs, if I remember and yeah we were playing nice stuff then too.

Comment

Yes I think you're right.
                            We attracted utd and foxes under warbs, if I remember and yeah we were playing nice stuff then too.
                            Yeah and we scared the goolies off Everton.

Comment

Good fixture!!
                              should've done Spurs away i reckon we'd have sold 4-5 thousand tickets of people wanting to experience the stadium, no chance of going there otherwise

Comment

Working...
                              X