No announcement yet.

Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up re Nardi. Got that wrong as the hedgehog said when it climbed on the scrubbing brush.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Tend to agree with other posters I am not expecting loads of new signings. We need roughly a handful plus replacing any senior players who leave. I am fine with that. This season (subject to who leaves) we have the basis of a decent squad. Still not convinced team balance wise but we all know how we improved last season and no reason with some tweaking we can't carry that through. Assuming Willock leaves we need a replacement of some kind for him, a decent Championship striker (permanent or loan), probably an additional central midfielder for competition/cover, left back and a little padding out generally.

We have enough that we can enter the summer window cautiously optimistic which makes a nice change!
      I have stuck my neck out, estimating we will sign 13 new players (including loan signings). I suppose 13 qualify for being "loads of new signing". I can hardly remember us having ever signed that many players in one transfer window. It looks as if my guess is considerably higher than other predictions, so it will be interesting to see if I have got this very wrong.

I have based this on a squad of 24, with additionally 5 players that will be out on loan (i.e., Kolli, Walsh, Mahoney, Larkeche, Kelman). It is based on an assumption of two contracted players leaving post 1 July in addition to the eight we know (Begovic, Archer, Drewe, Kakay, Adomah, Dozzell, Duke-McKenna, Gubbins).

Comment

• This transfer window is already reminding me of Championship Manager 94-95 - trying to sign a load of European "wonder kids" for next to nothing hoping they come good. What I will say is it's already a hell of a lot more exciting than last summer when Gaz was in charge and we were linked with signing Dominic Gape...

Comment

• I used to spend many hours playing football management games including Championship Manager 94-95. First ones I played were on tapes on my ZX Spectrum. Seem to recall my first ever one I had to get through mail order. For the younger posters who were not around you had to insert the tape and it would take several minutes to load. The games were much simpler back then (some perhaps too simple) but in my view have become overly complicated and the fun has gone out of them. I religiously played them from late 80s until FM2009 but just not found more modern ones any fun. Did try think it was FM22 but found it bland with a focus on the more tedious parts of the game. Much preferred it when you bought and sold players, chose formation with little tactical tweaks, picked the team and made changes during games. Things like training bump onto your assistant and don't even get me started on media carp etc. Do once in a blue moon play FM09, just to see the Rs win the odd game! Have mainly stopped though.

The wonder kids were always one of the more fun things about it. Along with the Rs winning trophies. Have always preferred fantasy to reality!

Comment

• The Sun reckon we are looking to talk to Metz about signing striker Simon Elisor:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2ViKXyPdboQFTS

Comment

• Kelman gone on lone to Orient again & Watford make enquiries to buy Paal, rather keep Paal but Kelman seems finished now as on last year of contract

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Maybe a bit early as season not quite over but should be an interesting summer.

Not seen anything about incomings but so far on outgoings:

Begovic - Celtic

JCS - various clubs

Willock - Sunderland

Marti - Sunderland

Obviously two of those out of contract and would be surprised if Willock signed a new contract although not ruling it out entirely.

JCS agree with other posters that whilst would love him to stay he is down to two years so time to sell to get maximum amount.

Don't think much point Marti going somewhere like Sunderland. Yes bigger club but potential for next year or two not really markedly better than us. If he is tempted believe it will be lower Prem, very top end Champiionship or abroad. Am hoping he will want to stay at least another year.
                On outgoings, Watford looking at Paal who has only 1 year left on his contract with QPR.

Comment

• If fox can stay fit he’s better than paal who I think has been better since Anderson arrived and paals miles away from set pieces but honestly I think he’s bang average fox and a youth back up will do or replace paal

Comment

• I think Paal decent championship left back. Like to keep him, but we have to sell players, find replacements.

For me, decent offer, sell.

Comment

• I guess even £1m works out to an extra £20k a week to the budget so shouldn't be sniffed at.

Comment

• What's wrong with Larkeche at left back? Surely he's not another player who will be endlessly loaned out before we finally bin him? Times I've seen him he seems equally as effective as Paal. If we sell KP I'd be content with letting Fox and Larkeche fight it out for the jersey. Obviously if the club can source a better LB I wouldn't complain but we ain't made of money and LB isn't top of the "must do" list in my view.

Comment

• Did we not sign that Scottish left back on a four year deal? Maybe too young at 18, however, he was sign with some planning for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            Did we not sign that Scottish left back on a four year deal? Maybe too young at 18, however, he was sign with some planning for sure.
                            Rocco Friel plays right back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Rocco Friel plays right back.
                              He's gone into the development side and 17. Let's hope we sign a left back, fox is steady but hardly dynamic. We need a little bit more from our full backs.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X