No announcement yet.

Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to start forgetting this game and doing some business. Surely we have some names of strikers that we should enquire about now
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Superb from Frey, not a fan but looked like a handful tonight

Comment

• Welcome Harrison

Comment

• Do we still need another striker??? I'd still say we do

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Do we still need another striker??? I'd still say we do
            Definately.

But I'm sure the window in some countries will still be open after ours closes, so permi signings may still be possible? have no idea why I think this??? Plus the free agent market.

I wouldn't be suprised to see another signing next week.

Comment

• With Celar and Frey and options of getting chair Dembele around them I’d say we’re ok

id like to see kolli and Lloyd go out on loan to L1 level get some games into them more than sit on bench week in week out

this league is fine margins get chair around Dembele that could be difference of getting top 6

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Fair enough makes a bit of a mockery of ffp when L1/2 can do as they please then?
                I think they've spent just over £23 Million this window if £12 million for Stansfield is true. That would cripple a Championship team.

Comment

• Dykes will be on the bench a lot I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I think they've spent just over £23 Million this window if £12 million for Stansfield is true. That would cripple a Championship team.
                    But......

If as suggested there's no restrictions on transfer fees in L1, only wagss. Perhaps this fee includes a huge signing on fee to offset the wages to meet their 60% of turnover rules.

And, if suggested that transfer fees hits the books eveningly over the duration of the deal, but sales values get applied straight away. So once promoted they could sell Stansfield for £10m and that would give them huge scope to cover wages in the championship next season if they needed to bankroll a promotion push through high quality free transfers.

Perhaps there's an FFP angle to this signing and theyre playing with numbers. Dunno......?

Comment

• Sheep, I think your analysis of B’ham is spot on and very smart thinking. B’ham makes most out of the differences between FFP rules in League One and the Championship. However, it all depends on whether they can sell Stanfield once they get promoted. They can only make it work if they sell him for a fee that is higher than the net book value (outgoing transfer fee minus the remaining nonamortized book value). I they paid £12m and gave him a 3 year contract with a big sign on fee (£3m) and a modest salary (£15k a week), they need to get minimum £10m when they sell him next year not to be punished in the Championship. Every penny extra will be more headroom next season for other investments.

Comment

• The transfer window for loans opens one week after the ordinary transfer window closes. We might sign a striker on loan from the Prem to complement what we have. The problem is that such loan signings tend to come with commitment of a certain amount of playing time. That might hinder Celars development.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          The transfer window for loans opens one week after the ordinary transfer window closes. We might sign a striker on loan from the Prem to complement what we have. The problem is that such loan signings tend to come with commitment of a certain amount of playing time. That might hinder Celars development.
                          Then so be it because I still feel like signing a striker is a must. I'd be looking at a striker with pace and that can make those runs beyond the defender. Last night's result was superb but we need a plan b and unfortunately celar isn't offering that alternative

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                            Sheep, I think your analysis of B’ham is spot on and very smart thinking. B’ham makes most out of the differences between FFP rules in League One and the Championship. However, it all depends on whether they can sell Stanfield once they get promoted. They can only make it work if they sell him for a fee that is higher than the net book value (outgoing transfer fee minus the remaining nonamortized book value). I they paid £12m and gave him a 3 year contract with a big sign on fee (£3m) and a modest salary (£15k a week), they need to get minimum £10m when they sell him next year not to be punished in the Championship. Every penny extra will be more headroom next season for other investments.
                            Didn't Brenford pay £15m for Ivan Toney when he was still a L1 player. I'm sure Stansfield will bag 20+ goals in L1 this season and as a young player could easily then command a £10m fee.

Even though we have FFP headroom this season because a new 3yr cycle has started, at some point there will need to be a book balancing exercise to cover our recent signings. With this window now closed we have failed to sell JCS & Chair whose values will be less come Xmas. I hope this isn't our "Warburton" season with the next two being penny pinching to cover it if we fail to get promoted. Our so-called stars don't seem to be wanted elsewhere and an Eze windfall is as illusive as ever!!

Comment

• I think promotion aspirations may be a little mis-guided this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                                I think promotion aspirations may be a little mis-guided this season.
                                If we knock on spurs door and look to sign young George Abbott, who has just earned a 3 year deal and thought of very highly then we won't be looking below the top 6 Un!

Comment

Working...
                                X