Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Great bit of business by Birmingham TBF
    Crap fee if that's all we are getting from brum. 1.5m for a 28 year old international. We should be getting our money back at the very least. Obviously no one else wants him. Shame I know he's poor but he's worth more than 1.5m surely???!!!

Comment

• No wonder he looked pis s ed off on Saturday…..Birmingham FFS.

I would rather keep him than sell for next to nothing, it the wages I suppose.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Anything over £1m for Dykes, good deal IMO.

Comment

• Well 2 strikers is not enough

Comment

• £1.5m comes to just shy of £10k per week over the next three seasons that can be used in wages. Or, £30k a week for an incoming loan player this season.

Whatever we do, this money will bring more to the team than Dykes would. He really is an SPL or L1 player. How many sitters have we seen him miss?

Dykes is never going to earn us a big transfer fee so lets bring in a player for that money that might in a few aeasons time.

I hope this sale goes through.

Comment

• I hope we're not bringing in the st Johnstone striker.
              I don't think the Scottish league strikers are up to championship standard

Comment

• Dykes pictured at brum this evening.
                We look elsewhere.
                We go forward

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I hope we're not bringing in the st Johnstone striker.
                  I don't think the Scottish league strikers are up to championship standard
                  Shankland from Hearts is worth a punt . He is a natural finisher , i reckon he would do well for us and he's in last year of contract.
                  Knowing us we'll sign some numpty from belgian second division.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                    Fraggy’s post about Dykes had a question mark on the end, so was it a guess?
                    I saw it mentioned on a post from a source that has been fairly reliable recently, so thought I would drop it in here to discuss.

The ? Was because I am usually clueless about these things
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Well 2 strikers is not enough
                      Completely agree! We cannot think that we might be able to get away with playing an entire season with just 2 strikers (1 slow and lumbering, and the other taking his time to adjust to a new team and new league environment etc).

We desperately need someone to put the ball in the net regularly. Someone who has hopefully played and scored at this level previously and someone who can not only hit the ground running from the start but who knows the intricacies of the English league, especially the Championship!

Might sound a tough ask, but I have faith in Marti and Nourry to pull it off. It’s been a brilliant transfer window for us so far, so congratulations to the club for this. But the cherry on the cake and make all fans believe just that little bit more, would be to get us a nippy, quick, fox in the box type striker to stick 1 or 2 chances away here and there. I mean to create 30 goal scoring opportunities vs Plymouth and only score 1 goal is criminal! We have lacked a proper striker since Charlie Austin in his prime! That is far too long! We must address this issue to at least give us half a chance this season. You Rrs!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Completely agree! We cannot think that we might be able to get away with playing an entire season with just 2 strikers (1 slow and lumbering, and the other taking his time to adjust to a new team and new league environment etc).

We desperately need someone to put the ball in the net regularly. Someone who has hopefully played and scored at this level previously and someone who can not only hit the ground running from the start but who knows the intricacies of the English league, especially the Championship!

Might sound a tough ask, but I have faith in Marti and Nourry to pull it off. It’s been a brilliant transfer window for us so far, so congratulations to the club for this. But the cherry on the cake and make all fans believe just that little bit more, would be to get us a nippy, quick, fox in the box type striker to stick 1 or 2 chances away here and there. I mean to create 30 goal scoring opportunities vs Plymouth and only score 1 goal is criminal! We have lacked a proper striker since Charlie Austin in his prime! That is far too long! We must address this issue to at least give us half a chance this season. You Rrs!!!
                        Spot on to have no striker since Austin is a major contribution to our struggles down the bottom

We’ve wasted money on Washington and Bonne and then paid them to leave us poor recruitment thankfully we seem to have turned a corner in that respect

Comment

• I would imagine Marti and the team have it all in hand.

Any news on Eze?

The Liverpool Echo said a few day ago Manchester City and Liverpool interests are arising.

Comment

I would imagine Marti and the team have it all in hand.

Any news on Eze?

The Liverpool Echo said a few day ago Manchester City and Liverpool interests are arising.
                            I certainly hope you’re right mate. Jay Stansfield on loan would be the perfect scenario, but maybe Dion Charles could be another option? Prolific and has scored on the international stage too. A 3rd striker option however is a definite must!

Comment

• Frej looking much better than last year now fully fit and settled. Celar has only just arrived in the country and already looking sharper. Kolli a good option as a striker too. Feel if we have another one brought in would be hard to keep them all happy. On Dykes I assume he got a big re-signing fee from us last year so profit would be reduced by some of that. He always gave 100% in a team so grateful for his time with us during a horrid time - most of which I put down to Warburton era gambling and failing

Comment

• Dykes to Brum now official. I know some will disagree but I liked him and thought he did ok overall for us. Would have liked to see him with some better service.

I hope we have a replacement lined up. Need another capable Championship striker pretty desperately.

We are linked with some young RB from Newcastle along with Blackburn and Stoke. Blackburn got Beck on loan who we were linked to.

Comment

Working...
                                X