• Show
Clear All

• Saito & Dembele have signed.

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      It says they are both loans and one has signed for the entire 2024/2025 season and the other on a season long loan. What's the difference? Am I missing something?

Comment

• Great news, sooner we get them in the team the better. Know nothing about them other than what has been written over the last few days but that is the area we are so short in. If they are reasonably decent and Chair comes back all of a sudden we are looking much better.

We are now favourites to sign the Liverpool LB on loan. If that goes through then all of a sudden we have competition/cover/replacement for Paal as necessary.

Comment

• This is good news - hopefully they'll both hit the ground running as given how lightweight our wide attacking options are they are likely to figure heavily this season. Aside from cover at LB I still think we need a Championship proven box-to-box CM and stating the obvious a goal scorer (so we can offload Dykes this window).

Comment

• Anyone know if we have option/obligation to buy at end of loan for either of these deals?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Great news, sooner we get them in the team the better. Know nothing about them other than what has been written over the last few days but that is the area we are so short in. If they are reasonably decent and Chair comes back all of a sudden we are looking much better.

We are now favourites to sign the Liverpool LB on loan. If that goes through then all of a sudden we have competition/cover/replacement for Paal as necessary.
              Absolutely. However, most "late" signings take bleeding ages to bed-in (if ever, ie Reggie Cannon). I suspect these wont be starting 90mins until after international break but I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• After having Willock last season it feels like 1 of these new signings needs to be like harry Houdini
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    After having Willock last season it feels like 1 of these new signings needs to be like harry Houdini
                    The lad Dembele he can can play and rapid a good signing for us

Japanese lad ive no idea but gotta trust the clubs scouting but having watched his interview with the club he speaks absolutely no English other than he knows where Harrow is !

Comment

• Christian Nourry is a cold hard dealer.
                      what a difference this bloke has made, #awesome

Comment

• Saito's first name is Koki.
                        His song has got to be something done to the tune of Hokey Pokey right?

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

The lad Dembele he can can play and rapid a good signing for us

Japanese lad ive no idea but gotta trust the clubs scouting but having watched his interview with the club he speaks absolutely no English other than he knows where Harrow is !
                          No he said he knows what 'hello' means!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• I see the rumours online are that Cardiff are in for Hayden. I hope we at least take a look as feel he was a great addition to the midfield

Comment

• My take on Dembele being an 'initial' one year loan is because we haven't sold anyone of note we don't have the money for a permanent transfer at the moment so have likely gone for loan with option to buy. Just a guess on my part. We have signed Varane, Morrison, Celar and Bennie for money, can't remember about Santos. May be loan fees for Dembele and Saito. That is quite a lot by our standards bearing in mind we will still have a small budget for this division.

Can see us getting another loan in and maybe a free transfer or two to bulk out squad but unless we do sell someone not expecting an awful lot more.

Difference recruitment wise this summer compared to recent years is we have taken in a lot of players from abroad and without EFL experience with the exception of one season each in League 1 for Morrison and Dembele. Some will take time to bed in so am not expecting us to get properly going for a little while. However if we have recruited well (in Marti and Nourry we trust, hopefully) then when these guys have bedded I could see us being a good side.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                My take on Dembele being an 'initial' one year loan is because we haven't sold anyone of note we don't have the money for a permanent transfer at the moment so have likely gone for loan with option to buy. Just a guess on my part. We have signed Varane, Morrison, Celar and Bennie for money, can't remember about Santos. May be loan fees for Dembele and Saito. That is quite a lot by our standards bearing in mind we will still have a small budget for this division.

Can see us getting another loan in and maybe a free transfer or two to bulk out squad but unless we do sell someone not expecting an awful lot more.

Difference recruitment wise this summer compared to recent years is we have taken in a lot of players from abroad and without EFL experience with the exception of one season each in League 1 for Morrison and Dembele. Some will take time to bed in so am not expecting us to get properly going for a little while. However if we have recruited well (in Marti and Nourry we trust, hopefully) then when these guys have bedded I could see us being a good side.
                                Think any new signing re how good they are need to bed in, what concerns me is that we were run ragged by Cambridge at times last night. yes cook, colbooked rested but a 19yr old youth ran the show in midfield for them. we just look leggy already and no press no pace no desire to close down and win a 2nd ball. We will get better no doubt but poor at mo

Comment

Working...
                                X