Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I thought EDB looked very capable when he got on the pitch - deffo worth a contract in my view. With about 50 games to negotiate over 9 months there has to be room for a few up and coming players in our 25-man squad. Big 12 months coming up for likes of EDB and Kohli I reckon.
    100% agree - we're going to need numbers next season & with Hayden's loan ended we're going to need cover in midfield.

Comment

• On my own about EDB. Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone else is correct, he'll succeed with us.

One difference, last summer we handed handed out one year contract extensions like confetti. Gubbins, Drewe, Duke-McKenna, Pedder, Kargbo were never going to make it with us. Took up space. Pointless signings. Cleared decks this summer, creates space for Development players to step up.

One question, Kelman. Did we give him another contract? Hopefully not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
        On my own about EDB. Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone else is correct, he'll succeed with us.

One difference, last summer we handed handed out one year contract extensions like confetti. Gubbins, Drewe, Duke-McKenna, Pedder, Kargbo were never going to make it with us. Took up space. Pointless signings. Cleared decks this summer, creates space for Development players to step up.

One question, Kelman. Did we give him another contract? Hopefully not.
        Yes, we gave him a contract to 30th June 24.

He went out on loan on 31st Jan 24 to Wigan where he got 3 goals and one assist in 11 games. He's 23 in Nov.

Comment

• We need a squad of players not just first teamers. EDB is good enough.

Comment

• The lad has something about him. Listen if I'm being honest he would be a fringe player and we would all hope for better but the club isn't in a position to be fussy and I think keeping him makes sense.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Sinclair Armstrong extends his stay. Not a long term contract though.

Comment

• Anyone seeing any rumors of Hayden signing a perm deal with us?
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• He is desperate to join but I think the club will assess what defensive midfielders are available for similar money and make a decision. I don't think we will make any rash decisions. I thought he did ok and has high level experience but he will want a decent salary and it might be a deal that just doesn't make sense for the club
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    Sinclair Armstrong extends his stay. Not a long term contract though.
                    Armstrong has done nothing. We have triggered the 12 month extension clause in his existing contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Armstrong has done nothing. We have triggered the 12 month extension clause in his existing contract.
                      Do you think we should have released Sincs then instead of taken up the one year option?

Comment

• Apparently, SA refused to sign a long term contract. It means that he will be a free agent by the end of the coming season and the club may decide to sell him now, instead of losing him for nothing next summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          Apparently, SA refused to sign a long term contract. It means that he will be a free agent by the end of the coming season and the club may decide to sell him now, instead of losing him for nothing next summer.
                          But we'd still get a fee because of his age and coming through our academy. But if he thinks he's bigger than us then sell him for £8m and 20% sell on fee. A prem club will stick him in the reserves.
                          Last edited by SheepRanger; 12-06-2024, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Do you think we should have released Sincs then instead of taken up the one year option?
                            Yes.

Comment

• Should’ve gone on loan last season but now it’s pointless as only got a year left, he’s also way off the mark to become a good player & be a permanent first team player

Comment

• With SA, all I see is pace, he's really fast but he has no end product, he gets into really good positions but he does nothing with it. We offer a great chance of coaching him to be the final product in my opinion but if he thinks he doesn't need QPR then maybe QPR should stop investing in his future. I don't know if he has refused to extend though so maybe I'm out of order.

Comment

Working...
                                X