No announcement yet.

Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Stelring, who has come through the Rangers youth set up and has commended a good transfer fee and or played a couple of hundred matches in the top 2 divisions in the last 10-15 years, anyone?
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Furlong? Anyway, your point is most valid - we don't really produce solid/decent top-level players. I dunno how we rank against other teams though, maybe our "hit rate" is par for the course?

Comment

• The reason we have been given is all our best talent is poached by bigger clubs. I get that but by the same token why are we not poaching talent from clubs below us in the food chain? Should work both ways.

Comment

• I know a few people that were scouts for us at youth level and they were muppets to be fair.
          It is the same as the manager , coaching system , they all move around between clubs , wether they are any good or not.
          I knew an Arsenal scout as well , he was head of Arsenals youth scouting network in the Middx area . They were looking for big strong athletes and they could teach them how to play football , that was Arsenals mantra , they wanted Patrick Viera types. Probably why they have'nt won anything for years.
          Its the same as everything to do with football nowadays , the teams with the most money get all the best talent , if we had a good kid at 10 years old , Chelsea , Spurs or Arsenal would offer his parents gifts to take him there.

Comment

• According to someone on X Daniel Bennie has signed from Perth Glory after a successful trial. 18 year old winger, just shy of 50 first team appearances. Played for Aussie U17s last year.

Comment

• DEFENSIVE midfielder Kieran Morgan has joined QPR's Development Squad.

The 18-year-old moves to W12 following some 10 years with Tottenham Hotspur - joining the Lilywhites as an Under-8.

Last season, he was part of Spurs' Under-18s setup.

Comment

• Can we not discuss players we're signing for our development squad and stick to 1st team squad players, I'd imagine only 1% on this forum are interested in Kieran Morgan
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                  I know a few people that were scouts for us at youth level and they were muppets to be fair.
                  It is the same as the manager , coaching system , they all move around between clubs , wether they are any good or not.
                  I knew an Arsenal scout as well , he was head of Arsenals youth scouting network in the Middx area . They were looking for big strong athletes and they could teach them how to play football , that was Arsenals mantra , they wanted Patrick Viera types. Probably why they have'nt won anything for years.
                  Its the same as everything to do with football nowadays , the teams with the most money get all the best talent , if we had a good kid at 10 years old , Chelsea , Spurs or Arsenal would offer his parents gifts to take him there.
                  True Liverpool sent king Kenny to see Sterling's parents, he asked them " where do u want to live "

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    According to someone on X Daniel Bennie has signed from Perth Glory after a successful trial. 18 year old winger, just shy of 50 first team appearances. Played for Aussie U17s last year.
                    Let’s hope he’s not another Ned Zelic!
                    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by andythefish View Post

Let’s hope he’s not another Ned Zelic!
                      Agreed, I was also thinking Nick Ward who came over from Perth Glory as well. I was there for his HQ debute and noticed his lack of pace over five strides, which for a midfielder, made him a slug. He came with some sort of UEFA most promising player tag, but his lack of engine caused his downfall. Technically decent though.

Hopefully this lad will prove a better signing.
                      Last edited by SheepRanger; 30-05-2024, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Bala released as well. Now that one youngster that I believed would had make it to the first team. But we move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          Bala released as well. Now that one youngster that I believed would had make it to the first team. But we move on.
                          Went on loan to Slough Town, National League South last November. 61 minutes on pitch. Not surprised released.

Comment

• Devante Cole has left Barnsley after his contract expired. We could do a lot worse......free agent.

Comment

• I think matty Phillips on a sensible salary who has been let go by West brom would be a statement signing!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                I think matty Phillips on a sensible salary who has been let go by West brom would be a statement signing!
                                Statement of throwing in towel for next season?

33 years old, surely we'll target young players.

Comment

Working...
                                X