No announcement yet.

Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamal Lowe to Norwich apparently- watch him score a load for them after being totally useless and uninterested for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Thought he was better against Southampton, so hopefully he's hitting a bit of form. Needs to add more final product to his game for me, although tbf the keeper made a great save from him on Saturday. A player with his ability should be scoring at least 10 a season, something he's never done.

Being linked with Kongolo from Fulham and Knight at Peterborough. Knight can't get in the Peterborough team and want £300k for him. A poster on here lives local and doesn't really rate him either from what I remember, so hopefully we steer clear of him.
      Yeah I live in Pboro, Knight a bit of a utility type player but id of rather had Dom Ball. He's behind the highly rated Ronnie Edwards who looks like he's off to West Ham and was also behind Frankie Kent who went to Hearts and replaced him with a bloke who couldn't get in at Huddersfield I think and they've picked up a lad from Man City as a replacement probably for Edwards so would if it was my cash pay out £300k no. GA knows him from when he went to WW on loan he has a decent attitude but we've got better options in defence.

What does my nut in locally is they've picked up so many players from London area Edwards and Jack Taylor who's from bloody Hammersmith sold to Ipswich for 1.5m and Edwards for 250k-500k both from Barnet and Mason Clarke who's decent winger for 300k Dagenham, maybe its down to Barry Fry connections at Barnet but our scouting is shi te

They'll be up there play offs I know we walloped the development and my nephew played against us but most of them were at Pompey knocking them out the can't be bothered league cup

Comment

• Read an interesting piece about sell-on clauses.... One minor detail was fact they are usually payable in instalments.

So, if Man City buy Eze for say £50 million, they will almost certainly pay Palace over 4/5 years. Our sell-on fee would duly match that and we'd receive our cut (20%?) over 4/5 years too.

It's still handy of course but it doesn't create an instant big war chest to go splashing the cash with.

I suppose this is the way of modern football finance... everything is on the never-never and constantly shoving problems down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
          Jamal Lowe to Norwich apparently- watch him score a load for them after being totally useless and uninterested for us!
          Who cares we have Sinclair Armstrong! The most exciting attacker in this leauge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Read an interesting piece about sell-on clauses.... One minor detail was fact they are usually payable in instalments.

So, if Man City buy Eze for say £50 million, they will almost certainly pay Palace over 4/5 years. Our sell-on fee would duly match that and we'd receive our cut (20%?) over 4/5 years too.

It's still handy of course but it doesn't create an instant big war chest to go splashing the cash with.

I suppose this is the way of modern football finance... everything is on the never-never and constantly shoving problems down the line.
            But won't the bank advance if they know it's coming in 5 years , for a percentage

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Read an interesting piece about sell-on clauses.... One minor detail was fact they are usually payable in instalments.

Yes, but hit the accounts for the full amount. I assume tte same would apply to FFP........? Olso? Hear the talksport Jordan did on Chelsea.

Comment

• Not QPR related but Birmingham continue to acquire players.

Just got Cody Drameh on loan from Leeds

Brum are my outside bet for promotion - some excellent signings, they have strength in depth

Meanwhile at QPR - sleepwalking to league 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mem View Post
                  Not QPR related but Birmingham continue to acquire players.

Brum are my outside bet for promotion - some excellent signings, they have strength in depth

If we don't bring in another CF and Rely on Sinclair, Dykes, Kolli and Balla were going to struggle. Sinclair's done very and looks to have that bit of desire to do well and commit to Rs the young lads are a big gamble as Dykes will run his backside into the ground and be out for 4 weeks every now and then due to his attitude of going for everything.

If JCS and Duane get back and stay fit we could wing it with Smyth and Kakay at RWB and play 3 CB but we need goals as missed 3/4 chances to put soton to bed and same v tractor boys.

Comment

That’s the spirit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

That’s the spirit
                      Lol - it’s plain to see ;in my view) that the squad is paper thin.

Even with a couple of injuries we are down to the bare bones

To rely on;

Duke McKenna - couldn’t cut it in league 2
                      Kolli - tremendous talent but needs to go out on loan
                      Armstrong- only 1 90 min game so far
                      Albert - past his best
                      Richards - attitude problems, never plays
                      JCS - gone awol again by all accounts

Field is one yellow off a suspension
                      Can we really rely on Willock. If the past is an indicator of the future, then the answer is no unfortunately

We have no right backs and seriously lack goals in the team

You may say ‘that’s the spirit’, I love my team but am genuinely concerned. We are being naive if we think this squad is good enough or has sufficient depth

Comment

• I'll be disappointed if we don't sign a right back because Kakay isn't up to it in terms of ability and way to thin upfront as dykes gets plenty of injuries and we can't rely on the boy Sinclair as that would be unfair and ridiculous
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Lol - it’s plain to see ;in my view) that the squad is paper thin.

Even with a couple of injuries we are down to the bare bones

To rely on;

Duke McKenna - couldn’t cut it in league 2
                          Kolli - tremendous talent but needs to go out on loan
                          Armstrong- only 1 90 min game so far
                          Albert - past his best
                          Richards - attitude problems, never plays
                          JCS - gone awol again by all accounts

Field is one yellow off a suspension
                          Can we really rely on Willock. If the past is an indicator of the future, then the answer is no unfortunately

We have no right backs and seriously lack goals in the team

You may say ‘that’s the spirit’, I love my team but am genuinely concerned. We are being naive if we think this squad is good enough or has sufficient depth
                          Think Field is 2 away from ban. 1 was in carabao cup and doesn't count for league games.

Comment

One hell of a gamble from Brum … if they don’t go up they could find themselves in a similar situation to us in a couple of years. Their fans won’t care this season though, they must be loving it

Comment

• Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post

One hell of a gamble from Brum … if they don’t go up they could find themselves in a similar situation to us in a couple of years. Their fans won’t care this season though, they must be loving it
                              They’ve got the money from the Bellingham sell on to Madrid - that’s why they can do this

Comment

• It really does feel like we a falling so far behind teams in championship. Surely heading one way.

Comment

Working...
                                X