Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We obviously have a much higher budget than Crewe and Kilmarnock and pay higher salaries. The problem is we spent almost everything we are allowed to spend in the first 2 years of the present 3 years FFP period. It is completely and utter mismanagement and I cannot understand how we ended up in this position! In February, just after the release of the 2021/22 accounts that showed a deficit £24.7m (post FFP corrections), I run the math and concluded in a post that we have to sell for anything between £7m and £10m this summer to meet the FFP requirements, even if we did not spend anything on transfers-, sign-on and loan fees. The figure is obviously an estimate based on a set of assumptions, but I do not think it is way off the mark. So far we have sold for around £3m so it should not come as a surprise to us that we have hardly anything to spend.

I am afraid we will get much less for Field, Willock and Chair than we expect. If they all leave and we can only spend a tiny part on reinforcements, I cannot see how we have a snowballs chance in hell to compete. I think our hope hangs on sale of Eze, something that is obviously completely out of our hands. Ruben, how did we get here?
    QPRoslo,I’ve tried to discuss your thoughts on QPR accounts before but from your reply to my post you did not convince me yours were correct and Swissramble (a respected football financial analyst ) were wrong.
    Using a very base stat of what we spent on transfers when we purchased the likes of Field, and Jordy our accounts showed losses of £14m.
    Covid would also play a part but from memory it was decided that FFP would be incorporated into 2 seasons, which would have included when crowds returned the following season.
    The last figures released covered Warburtons last season in charge and from memory Dozell was signed for a transfer fee reported as £900k plus Johansen at £450k.
    There were higher costs incurred with the likes of Gray,Hendricks and Moses.
    Can it really be justified that our costs spiralled from £14m to £24m in the last accounts.
    As I explained when we discussed this previously Swissramble pointed out in his dedicated article that £10m was down to purchase of the training ground.
    I sincerely wish I could post a link to his article but since then his piece is behind a paywall for patreons only.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

It was a condition of last seasons loan agreement that it would go permanent for that fee. Blame Les/ Beale for that one.
      But no one thought to add in that maybe the lad had to do his job and play a few games to a decent standard???

Comment

It was a condition of last seasons loan agreement that it would go permanent for that fee. Blame Les/ Beale for that one.
        Wow
        Brighton signed him for 2 Million in 2-19 and played just 2 games
        41 games for Doncaster
        15 matches for us... most from the bench - we sign him - doesn't want to play / cant play

Jake Salter Clarke Salter's injury record is just as bad

Meanwhile Yoann Barbet missed very few games - must have been on similar wages and we let him go

The silence coming from the board is almost deafening as they say

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post

Wow
          Brighton signed him for 2 Million in 2-19 and played just 2 games
          41 games for Doncaster
          15 matches for us... most from the bench - we sign him - doesn't want to play / cant play

Jake Salter Clarke Salter's injury record is just as bad

Meanwhile Yoann Barbet missed very few games - must have been on similar wages and we let him go

The silence coming from the board is almost deafening as they say
          We didnt let Barbet go. He decided not to sign a new contract because he wanted to return to France.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

But no one thought to add in that maybe the lad had to do his job and play a few games to a decent standard???
            Thats one for Les snd nothing to do with GA.

Comment

Thats one for Les snd nothing to do with GA.
              More top notch work from clue les

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                Why did we spend all our limited budget on a player who we don't need, did not deserve a deal after last year, is unfit and seems to be away with the fairies half the time. Who made the decision to buy him? We have no dof. He's not a GA type player so why buy him?

Smacks of someone taking a backhander all day. Now we are left with no money and wandering the footballing streets with a begging bowl (again!!) looking for favours. It's almost like we are deliberately trying to get ourselves relegated and end up in the non league asap.
                I have been thinking the same thing, our transfer dealings over the last couple of seasons have been questionable to say the least, who is actually watching these players before we buy/loan them? Why would we even consider the likes of Hendricks,Roberts,Richards,Dozzell. I know with hindsight is easier to judge, but our homework prior to sanctioning a deal must come down to little more than sticking a pin in a Panini sticker album.

Comment

• There was literally no need for the signing of Richards. Even last year he wasn't needed. It was only fat boy beale was wanted him. To put a clause in should have meant he actually triggered the obligation to buy, scored x amount of goals, played in x amount of games. The lad phoned it in most of the time. So why on earth would we sign him?? Because someone was handsomely paid to do the deal. Probably orchestrated by fat boy himself. Our dopey owners should have stepped in during the close season and said no way are we doing our budget on this guy. It's a gamble we can't afford and yet here we are. Can't even pay for loan fees these days.

4 nil on Saturday and still no new arrival. Something is seriously going wrong here. The owners have checked out. Not surprised after being shafted by beale. Now we have a manager the players don't like/accept/respect. It's like a horror movie with the longest ending in history.

Comment

• Just watched pboro v Swindon

Murphy mohoney played very well looked decent lost on pens to pboro

Chas did OK but pboro look decent with a lot 1st team rested they got far more back up than we have and pace

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post

QPRoslo,I’ve tried to discuss your thoughts on QPR accounts before but from your reply to my post you did not convince me yours were correct and Swissramble (a respected football financial analyst ) were wrong.
                      Using a very base stat of what we spent on transfers when we purchased the likes of Field, and Jordy our accounts showed losses of £14m.
                      Covid would also play a part but from memory it was decided that FFP would be incorporated into 2 seasons, which would have included when crowds returned the following season.
                      The last figures released covered Warburtons last season in charge and from memory Dozell was signed for a transfer fee reported as £900k plus Johansen at £450k.
                      There were higher costs incurred with the likes of Gray,Hendricks and Moses.
                      Can it really be justified that our costs spiralled from £14m to £24m in the last accounts.
                      As I explained when we discussed this previously Swissramble pointed out in his dedicated article that £10m was down to purchase of the training ground.
                      I sincerely wish I could post a link to his article but since then his piece is behind a paywall for patreons only.

My view on the 21/22 accounts are the same as SwissRamble. We read the same accounts.

I think you are mistaken when you think the sharp increase in loss of 21/22 compared to 20/21 is down to investments in training facilities. These investments are not in the profit and loss accounts (that is the set of accounts that matter for FFP calculations), but on the balance sheet. The cost of these investments are depreciation, which is in the profit and loss accounts, but those are exempt from FFP.

A quick look at 20/21 and 21/22 accounts shows that the loss was £4,5m the first mentioned season and £24,7m the second. There are several factors that make up the difference of ca £20,2m. The most important are:

- We posted £17,6m profit on sales of players in 20/21 (Eze counting for most). We had only 0,2m profit from player sales in in 21/22., a reduction of £17,4m
                      - Total salaries were £24,1m in 20/21 increasing to £27,6m in 21/22. This is an increase of £3,5m

If you add these two items together (17,4 + 3,5 m) you see that the difference almost equal the difference in loss of ca £20,2m.

There are also other differences, but they equal each other out. We had almost no match day revenue and no associated costs in 20/21 due to covid, while we had £5,6m match day revenue but also associated costs in 21/22. However, various costs (administration etc) went up in 21/22 and outside of player profit and salaries other costs were a zero sum game when comparing the two seasons.

Hence, to understand the difference in financial performance you do not need to look further than to the Eze deal in 20/21 and the increased salaries in 2021/22. Investments in facilities play no role.

I hope this answered your question, Mincer.

From the balance we can read that QPR made total investments in land, buildings and assets under construction (unfinished facilities) in 21/22 of ca £8,7m, but this has no impact on the loss. It all went straight to the balance sheet. As a result, depreciation increased, but that is exempt from FFP calculations.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

My view on the 21/22 accounts are the same as SwissRamble. We read the same accounts.

I think you are mistaken when you think the sharp increase in loss of 21/22 compared to 20/21 is down to investments in training facilities. These investments are not in the profit and loss accounts (that is the set of accounts that matter for FFP calculations), but on the balance sheet. The cost of these investments are depreciation, which is in the profit and loss accounts, but those are exempt from FFP.

A quick look at 20/21 and 21/22 accounts shows that the loss was £4,5m the first mentioned season and £24,7m the second. There are several factors that make up the difference of ca £20,2m. The most important are:

- We posted £17,6m profit on sales of players in 20/21 (Eze counting for most). We had only 0,2m profit from player sales in in 21/22., a reduction of £17,4m
                        - Total salaries were £24,1m in 20/21 increasing to £27,6m in 21/22. This is an increase of £3,5m

If you add these two items together (17,4 + 3,5 m) you see that the difference almost equal the difference in loss of ca £20,2m.

There are also other differences, but they equal each other out. We had almost no match day revenue and no associated costs in 20/21 due to covid, while we had £5,6m match day revenue but also associated costs in 21/22. However, various costs (administration etc) went up in 21/22 and outside of player profit and salaries other costs were a zero sum game when comparing the two seasons.

Hence, to understand the difference in financial performance you do not need to look further than to the Eze deal in 20/21 and the increased salaries in 2021/22. Investments in facilities play no role.

I hope this answered your question, Mincer.

From the balance we can read that QPR made total investments in land, buildings and assets under construction (unfinished facilities) in 21/22 of ca £8,7m, but this has no impact on the loss. It all went straight to the balance sheet. As a result, depreciation increased, but that is exempt from FFP calculations.
                        Hey QPROslo, many thanks for your concise and detailed reply, after digesting your post I can finally grasp where I made a major error in my assumptions when trying to decipher the 3yr accounts.

Comment

We didnt let Barbet go. He decided not to sign a new contract because he wanted to return to France.
                          That's what I thought, but there's a thread on Loft For Words that would disagree with that theory, in fact several different versions as to why he didn't sign. A podcast seemed to suggest he wanted to sign. With all the lies that come out of football clubs these days, I suppose unless we actually ask him face to face, we will never actually know the real truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post

That's what I thought, but there's a thread on Loft For Words that would disagree with that theory, in fact several different versions as to why he didn't sign. A podcast seemed to suggest he wanted to sign. With all the lies that come out of football clubs these days, I suppose unless we actually ask him face to face, we will never actually know the real truth
                            A poster on here was his neighbour and Barbet told him directly he wanted to go back to France.

Comment

A poster on here was his neighbour and Barbet told him directly he wanted to go back to France.
                              He also used to do a bit of cleaning for me in the afternoons so I can confirm that too
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

He also used to do a bit of cleaning for me in the afternoons so I can confirm that too
                                Sweeper?

Comment

Working...
                                X