Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Pele played for the Allies v Germany in Paris with his srm in a sling due to a shoulder injury, and still scored the winner with an overhead kick!

Patch Dunne up and get him out there. Hes Irish and if he was a builder hed turn up for work!

If our squad were to represent The Allies then they'd have to change the name of the movie to, "Escape to Defeat".

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
      Cardiff have made some good additions despite being under a transfer embargo! Proves you can recruit well without spending money .
      Main difference is they have recruited well, brought in championship standard players on free, we spunked all our money on yet another sicknote/fairy/not bothered/poor attitude player who can't even get in the match day squad most of the time. Then brought in smyth, too small and not good enough for this league. A waste of 2 transfers for 2 players who didn't need.

Bowler is a winger, samw goes for o dowda. We play a right footed number 10 at left mid and tell him to stay there. Waste of our best player. Then leave our second best player on the bench while we play a striker who had never played at this level before and isn't even good enough for league 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Main difference is they have recruited well, brought in championship standard players on free, we spunked all our money on yet another sicknote/fairy/not bothered/poor attitude player who can't even get in the match day squad most of the time. Then brought in smyth, too small and not good enough for this league. A waste of 2 transfers for 2 players who didn't need.

Bowler is a winger, samw goes for o dowda. We play a right footed number 10 at left mid and tell him to stay there. Waste of our best player. Then leave our second best player on the bench while we play a striker who had never played at this level before and isn't even good enough for league 1.
        Copyed my input from another thread Cardiff has a plan we have not we are just clueless.

"Cardiff loaned Josh Bowler scored against Leeds.
        They have options in the attack Callum Robinson, Karlan Grant, Ike Ugbo and Kion Etete none of them are worse than Dykes. How is it possible they where under transfer embargo. We are just sitting like a duck waiting to be shoot down to L1. It feels like our owners have lost interest and are waiting for the club to be sold. The whole club is just so passive almost accepting the relegation to L1."

We are going to struggle against Cardiff away next week they have options we are stripped to the bones.

Comment

• Were in for a good hiding at Cardiff

The heart has been ripped out of this club the current owners dont give a toss new training facility great but points on a Saturday count for everything to fans not what physio fitness expert has at his disposal and you don't need an expert analysis to work out were shite

Comment

• Luke O'nien was rumoured we would get a transfer for him. What a ######## rumour starts as a captain for Sunderland today.

Comment

• There’s a Northern Irish lad at Rangers who has been banging them in in pre season - apparently being sent out on loan with a few English clubs interested- maybe the Snake Beale will loan in to us

Comment

• We are trying to get 21 year old rb from arsenal on loan. But we don't want to pay the loan fee. So we will have 3 rb's at the club. Send drewe out on loan or just sell him. He's only league 2 at best. 22 years old. Ain't going to get much better tbf. Would love to get Tim back and then another centre back. Plus a forward. If we do then kelman needs a move. Prob back to league 2.

Comment

• Can't afford the loan fee as Arsenal and others are asking for huge loan fees, yet this lad has been on loan at Crewe and Kilmarnock, who could afford him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    Can't afford the loan fee as Arsenal and others are asking for huge loan fees, yet this lad has been on loan at Crewe and Kilmarnock, who could afford him.
                    They just after a fair % of his salary if we're unable to match the % of crewe and Kilmarnock then we're in a bigger mess than any managers capable of getting us out of

Either way 45 games of ffs look to be on the cards unless unless something off the pitch happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      Can't afford the loan fee as Arsenal and others are asking for huge loan fees, yet this lad has been on loan at Crewe and Kilmarnock, who could afford him.
                      We obviously have a much higher budget than Crewe and Kilmarnock and pay higher salaries. The problem is we spent almost everything we are allowed to spend in the first 2 years of the present 3 years FFP period. It is completely and utter mismanagement and I cannot understand how we ended up in this position! In February, just after the release of the 2021/22 accounts that showed a deficit £24.7m (post FFP corrections), I run the math and concluded in a post that we have to sell for anything between £7m and £10m this summer to meet the FFP requirements, even if we did not spend anything on transfers-, sign-on and loan fees. The figure is obviously an estimate based on a set of assumptions, but I do not think it is way off the mark. So far we have sold for around £3m so it should not come as a surprise to us that we have hardly anything to spend.

I am afraid we will get much less for Field, Willock and Chair than we expect. If they all leave and we can only spend a tiny part on reinforcements, I cannot see how we have a snowballs chance in hell to compete. I think our hope hangs on sale of Eze, something that is obviously completely out of our hands. Ruben, how did we get here?

Comment

• Why did we spend all our limited budget on a player who we don't need, did not deserve a deal after last year, is unfit and seems to be away with the fairies half the time. Who made the decision to buy him? We have no dof. He's not a GA type player so why buy him?

Smacks of someone taking a backhander all day. Now we are left with no money and wandering the footballing streets with a begging bowl (again!!) looking for favours. It's almost like we are deliberately trying to get ourselves relegated and end up in the non league asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We obviously have a much higher budget than Crewe and Kilmarnock and pay higher salaries. The problem is we spent almost everything we are allowed to spend in the first 2 years of the present 3 years FFP period. It is completely and utter mismanagement and I cannot understand how we ended up in this position! In February, just after the release of the 2021/22 accounts that showed a deficit £24.7m (post FFP corrections), I run the math and concluded in a post that we have to sell for anything between £7m and £10m this summer to meet the FFP requirements, even if we did not spend anything on transfers-, sign-on and loan fees. The figure is obviously an estimate based on a set of assumptions, but I do not think it is way off the mark. So far we have sold for around £3m so it should not come as a surprise to us that we have hardly anything to spend.

I am afraid we will get much less for Field, Willock and Chair than we expect. If they all leave and we can only spend a tiny part on reinforcements, I cannot see how we have a snowballs chance in hell to compete. I think our hope hangs on sale of Eze, something that is obviously completely out of our hands. Ruben, how did we get here?
                          This is one of my gripes with FFP being based in London you won't get away paying the same wages as being based in Kilmarnock or Crewe as cost of living is not even a comparison, the only way to attract players to central London will always be far more expensive and our income based on stadium and sponsorship revenue. If that's the case why didn't we get a paying sponsor for Loftus rd that the charitable way of KP yeah I get the connection but fk me were in shite street. too many of the field decisions ie paying top dollar for SJ Chaz etc then paying them off are all too frequently done. Something has to give or this clubs heading for admin and quite possibly pants deduction maybe L2 based on the squad at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Fantastic post. A complete mess!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                              Why did we spend all our limited budget on a player who we don't need, did not deserve a deal after last year, is unfit and seems to be away with the fairies half the time. Who made the decision to buy him? We have no dof. He's not a GA type player so why buy him?

Smacks of someone taking a backhander all day. Now we are left with no money and wandering the footballing streets with a begging bowl (again!!) looking for favours. It's almost like we are deliberately trying to get ourselves relegated and end up in the non league asap.
                              Assume we are talking about Richards ? I thought the same. Say him play ...once last year looked ok , but not worth spunking all our budget on FFS

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer View Post

Assume we are talking about Richards ? I thought the same. Say him play ...once last year looked ok , but not worth spunking all our budget on FFS
                                It was a condition of last seasons loan agreement that it would go permanent for that fee. Blame Les/ Beale for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X