• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    Begovic
    Cook Fox
    Field Colback
    Dykes

Potentially a decent spine of the side at Championship level if we bring in Cook and Colback.

Obviously the need to keep everyone fit this season is imperative as we have very poor squad depth.
    It does look promising but I’m puzzled that we haven’t gone after a backup for Dykes if he gets injured. GA has one game plan & if Dykes is missing how are we going to setup? Bringing Martin back in may not be a bad idea…

Comment

• Colback agreed according to WLS.

No wonder we beat other clubs for his signature as we've given him a two year contract....! He's 34 yrs old this Oct.

I hope the gamble pays off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestcountryRanger View Post

It does look promising but I’m puzzled that we haven’t gone after a backup for Dykes if he gets injured. GA has one game plan & if Dykes is missing how are we going to setup? Bringing Martin back in may not be a bad idea…
        Definitely need a striker through the door, preferably two.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Colback agreed according to WLS.

No wonder we beat other clubs for his signature as we've given him a two year contract....! He's 34 yrs old this Oct.

I hope the gamble pays off.
          Be 35 when his contract ends, doesn't bother me to be honest. His experience, tenacity and attitude is exactly what we need. We've been too soft for years and signings like Fox, Colback and potentially Cook flip that on it's head.

Comment

Definitely need a striker through the door, preferably two.
            Not going to happen sadly - this club seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to strikers.

Comment

• Would love colback , need a bit of steel in the team .

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

Not going to happen sadly - this club seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to strikers.
                This worries me a lot. Dykes is hardly a ten goals striker and he is our only proven option upfront. I know decent strikers are hard to find for our budget,but still it´s ridiculous that we don´t get one in. Yes, Martin might be re-signed, but doubt he is better than Dykes.

Comment

• Ginger is offical

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Ginger is offical
                    Not a bad signing old school pro played at a higher level and done well in championship will help field and release Richards a bit further up the pitch

Still need more faces and a CB as Dunne might be out a while

Comment

• According to WLS, Whatmough has chosen to move elsewhere. Still looking to do a deal for Forino. If not, Cook will be brought in if we can do a deal with Forest and agree personal terms, which could be an issue. Also interested in Josh Knight at Peterborough.

Comment

• Qpr pulled out of a deal for Knight at the last minute apparently. The player had said farewell to his teammates and staff before we decided against the move after agreeing a fee. So we have either reached a deal with ww for forino or with forest for cook??

Expect a new signing by tonight/early tomorrow??

Comment

• Yeah local papers up here in pboro say Knight had said goodbyes and we binned deal which tbh I'm happy a out as Knight although made 30 odd games last season he was behind Kent who's gone to hearts and the rolls Royce ronnie edwards who they want 10m for so most were as a sub

I'd imagine we done a deal for cook or forino or ideally both with Dunne and jcs crocked I think my mum at 76 will be fit before jcs

Comment

• I just read an article that stated that WBA are due 20% of any profit if Field is sold. I can't recall what we paid but that don't bode well.

Comment

According to WLS, Whatmough has chosen to move elsewhere. Still looking to do a deal for Forino. If not, Cook will be brought in if we can do a deal with Forest and agree personal terms, which could be an issue. Also interested in Josh Knight at Peterborough.
                              Whatmough confirmed signed for PNE.

Comment

• No number 5 shirt given out when squad numbers released today. Don't know why paal hasn't got no 3 instead of dunne. Personally I would have given 6 to dunne and made glass boy choose another number. Hopefully this means our new number 5 will be revealed tomorrow???

Comment

Working...
                                X