Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    It might help revenues if we made a decent go of the cup competitions.
    There is a very basic flaw in this plan......

Comment

• Anyone who ends up going to Northampton we don't need to be concerned about.

Is worrying we can't even seem to be able to fun even loans now. Stating the obvious but likely outcome is we will end up selling one or more of Field, Willock and Chair at the last minute and be scrabbling around trying to sign people.

Comment

• We have a huge numbers of players that play for the B team and will never make it to the first team. Will it be wiser to use some of them as part of any fee we are not able to pay? What is the use to keep them at the club knowing they will not make it and release them at the end of their contracts. Shodipo is an example. He left for nothing when we could had used him as a part of a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          We have a huge numbers of players that play for the B team and will never make it to the first team. Will it be wiser to use some of them as part of any fee we are not able to pay? What is the use to keep them at the club knowing they will not make it and release them at the end of their contracts. Shodipo is an example. He left for nothing when we could had used him as a part of a deal.
          for that plan to work other clubs would actually want to have our rejects

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

for that plan to work other clubs would actually want to have our rejects
            True. However, most, if not all the players released over the years all found a new lower league club to play for.

Comment

• Im sure Gubbins could go to WW on loan if Forino came to us. We could even throw in Armstrong or Kelman if Martin signs up again.

Perhaps WW will have scouts at Oxford tomorrow to check out these lads. Possible deal to be announced early next week?

Comment

• Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
                All this talk of another cb is all well and good but is anyone else concerned we only have field and dozzell to play cm ! We need another 2 cm's at least
                Yep been massively concerned about this since we let Amos go and paid Johansen off from last year of his contract, but haven’t been strongly linked with any other centre mids other than Gape. I am not disputing letting them go but wouldn’t it have been better to keep Johansen for remaining year if we had
                to pay him off and then not have money to bring a replacement in.

Comment

• GA has made a huge mistake not signing Tim. The lad is a real talent. I would have been disappointed with a loan deal as I think signing him is a no brainer. I'm not buying we don't have the money for him, this wouldn't be an expensive deal. If we don't want to sign talented youngsters that are proven to play at this level then I'm really lost in the direction Gareth wants to take. Late 20 year olds that haven't played higher than league 1 is very demoralising to see!
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    GA has made a huge mistake not signing Tim. The lad is a real talent. I would have been disappointed with a loan deal as I think signing him is a no brainer. I'm not buying we don't have the money for him, this wouldn't be an expensive deal. If we don't want to sign talented youngsters that are proven to play at this level then I'm really lost in the direction Gareth wants to take. Late 20 year olds that haven't played higher than league 1 is very demoralising to see!
                    We couldn’t afford Tim & anyway the reason Villa didn’t take him on tour is because he’s injured, wouldn’t mind him in a loan deal

Comment

• I think it would be a great loan to get him back for second spell. But for his career it would be a mistake. Spending a season in a relegation battle and a potential relegation on his copybook won't make for a successful move. Hes better suited to playing in a team going for the playoff spots.

Comment

• GK is fine, our back line is ok i think, the wings if players at our disposal deployed correctly are ok, if those wing positions play weel our front line is also ok, infact i quite rate our front line, in theory.

We are severely lacking in midfield, and have been for a while. Field is ok, and has been carrying whatever passes for a midfield for a while, Tim was a good prospect and I'm sad Amos didn't kick on as there is a player there. After that we fall off a cliff massively, to say Field is the only midfielder we have of any real note or quality at this oint in the season is not great.

Money be damned, we don't need to go out signing anyone and everyone, though bodies are important in the crutch points of the season we really need to find a way to get a bit of quality and depth in the middle of the pitch.

Comment

• As much as I like your optimism, I have no idea why you think our defence is fine. With no dunne and that gutless waste of space glass salter, we have a #### poor right back in kakay with a non league standard back up in drewe. We don't have any decent winget at the club. We are playing 2 number 10s at right and left mid and telling them to stay out on the touchline. We have no creativity or drive in the middle of pitch. And we can't get a decent cross in the box for the only only number 9 at the club. A truly shocking indictment of our so called super hoops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            As much as I like your optimism, I have no idea why you think our defence is fine. With no dunne and that gutless waste of space glass salter, we have a #### poor right back in kakay with a non league standard back up in drewe. We don't have any decent winget at the club. We are playing 2 number 10s at right and left mid and telling them to stay out on the touchline. We have no creativity or drive in the middle of pitch. And we can't get a decent cross in the box for the only only number 9 at the club. A truly shocking indictment of our so called super hoops.
                            Fine in the sense of being realstic given how f&&cked we are in general. As in, it will have to do, we are unlikely to improve on what we have in those areas.

However in midefield, we have nothing, 1 decent player, just 1 for a position that requires at least 4 in a championship season playing a 442 ish.

Comment

• Apparently we are in for Jack Colback - always hated him when he played against us but wouldn't mind him for a bit of bite in midfield !

Comment

• Colback be a proper signing. Yes he's getting on and we'd need to keep him fit but he's the type we need in the middle of the park.

Comment

Working...
                                X