Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
    Tbh the position that is worrying me the most is right back we are desperate for a right back and worrying Ainsworth thinks we ok there
    Hes hardly going to say Kakay and Drewe are below standard and we'll have to cope is he. I suspect we'll have another RB option eventually and Drewe will go out on loan.

Time will tell, but Forino is right footed if we play three across the back with wing backs. We're also linked with Lynden Gooch who is a RWB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
      Tbh the position that is worrying me the most is right back we are desperate for a right back and worrying Ainsworth thinks we ok there
      He can play as a left sided centre back and given that we already have Paal and Larkeche at left back, I'm assuming we're going 3 cbs next season. He seems like a good addition but agree right full back is a concern.

Comment

• "With Osman Kakay the only recognised right-back currently on their books, they could certainly do with a player like Gooch, and the 27-year-old's versatility also means he could slot in elsewhere if needed, too"

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/po...r-the-verdict/
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 24-07-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Personally would keep Willock unless we get say over £3m plus add ons as if he is fit and on form could make huge difference as to where we finish. For say £3m would be worth keeping him for season and letting him go next summer assuming he will not sign a new contract which I think is unlikely. Has shown that when he is on fire is one of the very best attacking players in this division. Say with a longer contract he is worth £15m, should he get back on track, then £3m is just one year and on form he could be the difference between staying up or not.
          Turning down an offer of £3m to keep Willock for one year before he leaves for nothing is the same as paying a player £60k a week plus the £10k or so we already pay him, which is totally £70k a week.

QPR isn't in the position to pay that for any player, and certainly not for a player with a poor injury record.

I think we will not comply with FFP if we cannot make one more proper sale. Getting £3m for Willock would be just what we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Turning down an offer of £3m to keep Willock for one year before he leaves for nothing is the same as paying a player £60k a week plus the £10k or so we already pay him, which is totally £70k a week.

QPR isn't in the position to pay that for any player, and certainly not for a player with a poor injury record.

I think we will not comply with FFP if we cannot make one more proper sale. Getting £3m for Willock would be just what we need.
            Im hoping a club in Saudi offers £100m for Chair....okay £10m

Comment

• I think the board misunderstood when we said we needed a fox in the box.

Comment

• not only a right back needed
                but at least 1 striker in my opinion 2 strikers needed as dykes for me just doesnt cut it not sure who it was on this thread said with the exception of "Dykes, Chair, Field and Willock" our squad is low level championship only

who are you kidding? Dykes was bought from livingstone and its quite obvious to see why non of the bigger scottish clubs will touch him despite being there countrys number 9 and main striker

in my opinion our best players are....Field, Dunne and Chair and i also like the pick up of Begovic

dykes is a league 1 striker so we need at least 1 more if Chris Martin came back he would be the best striker at the club

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

If we get an offer of £3m he will go. Would only be worth keeping if we could guarantee he would be on fire large part of season as he could be the difference between staying up and relegation. Sadly injury wise he has been patchy and made no impact when he returned last season. A crystal ball would be handy.

Still think we will sell one or all of Willock, Field and Chair. That is if anyone comes in for them with a half decent offer. If it frees up budget and allows us to strengthen overall then worth it in addition to helping with FFP. Of those three one I would most like to keep is Field. Our most consistent performer and at present CM looking hopelessly weak without him.

Comment

• Friendly agsinst Reading today.

Includes Dominic Gape from WW as a trialist who has played 25 games in two seasons!!!! I hope its on a pay ss you play deal..!

Trent Rendall and Kelman start. Still no JCS in the squad..!

Comment

• Sam surridge on a free? Released from forest, good age
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Sam surridge on a free? Released from forest, good age
                        would be good - but even on free i doubt we can afford him.

had a good season with forest in their promotion season . not prolific but could be good in partnership with Dykes

Comment

• No thanks. From same mould than Dykes and has never scored over 10 goals in a season

Comment

• Welcome !

Comment

• For a team that didn't create enough or score enough goals last season the fact we have only bought in a league 2 attacker is a real worry ! The fact that we're not even linked with a striker is mind boggling

Comment

• FWIW; We have been linked with Matty Godden from Coventry. Clarke-Harris of Posh also...
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X