Transfer rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Agree with you on this one mate! Can we not even afford £100-£200k on a half decent, young, up and coming, highly rated prospect with it potential that a lower league club need to sell to finance their own season? Remember Darren Peacock who we signed for a very nominal fee and developed him under Alan McDonalds (RIP Big Al) stewardship. There are gems out there, or can we just not be arsed looking and take the easy free transfer option on an old has been with no sell on value. We are fooked this season if this is our mentality in the transfer market!
    Surely our interest in Forino fits that requirement?

Comment

Agree with you on this one mate! Can we not even afford £100-£200k on a half decent, young, up and coming, highly rated prospect with it potential that a lower league club need to sell to finance their own season? Remember Darren Peacock who we signed for a very nominal fee and developed him under Alan McDonalds (RIP Big Al) stewardship. There are gems out there, or can we just not be arsed looking and take the easy free transfer option on an old has been with no sell on value. We are fooked this season if this is our mentality in the transfer market!
      Darren Peacock was a hell of a defender one of my favourites!

Comment

• Originally posted by 222lepo View Post

Darren Peacock was a hell of a defender one of my favourites!
        We do need some 30+ year olds around the place, doesnt do any harm in getting them in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Surely our interest in Forino fits that requirement?
          So go and buy him then. We seem to take an age to sign players. Unless they are injury prone gutless fairies in which case their clubs are even willing to drop them off at hq. We are in big trouble with our current squad. Most of our lot are lower level championship players at best. With the exception of dykes, chair, willock and field. We need so many players to make us competitive this season. I just don't think players want to sign for GA.

He doesn't come across very well in some interviews, foreign players will look at him and think its a bit of a joke. Is he tactically up this level? Hard work and running around a lot only gets you so far. The lad from Wycombe even turned us down for a league 1 team.
          GA just seems like a stop gap and seems to be gambling on the likes of smyth and kelman to come good. Huge gamble which i think is doomed to fail.

Comment

• Talking rubbish mate

Comment

• God there's some doom mongers on here , let's see where we are after.10 games

Comment

Didn't we sign future England forward Les Ferdinand from Hayes for £6K? You are not wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  Talking rubbish mate
                  In your opinion. I hope I'm wrong by the way!! Genuinely..but just don't think GA is the right guy. I'll get behind him and the team 100%. Don't get me wrong lads!! Lol!

Comment

• Harvey Vale attacking midfielder. Has to he a squad player because he has zero experience!!!! Budget must be tight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      Talking rubbish mate
                      Why is he talking rubbish ??
                      can he not have a opinion on what he thinks ?
                      Or is it just your opinion that matters

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Is he tactically up this level? Hard work and running around a lot only gets you so far. The lad from Wycombe even turned us down for a league 1 team.
                        GA just seems like a stop gap and seems to be gambling on the likes of smyth and kelman to come good. Huge gamble which i think is doomed to fail.
                        What's that based on?

Yes we had some bad results last season under GA but we also had some good results. Have you forgot we beat Watford, Burnley and Stoke? We drew with WBA and Norwich. I would have had us down for a defeat in all of them with Stoke being a chance of a point.

This squad went missing and had terrible runs of results dating back to Warbs. It's clearly obvious it's not down to Warburton, Beale, Critchley or Ainsworth. We need a clear out and bring others in.

Suggesting a manager isn't up to it tactically after 10 years of management is a bit silly don't you think?

Hard work and running gets you a lot further than you think. That's the first thing we should be doing! Don't you think it's a positive with the opposition knowing they're going to have to work hard against us? Or did you prefer going 1-0 down inside 10 mins most of last season?

I'm sure GA would love to sign better players. However we as a club can't! It's not GA just looking to lower league players it's the fact we have no option if we want to abide by FFP and avoid a points deduction.

Comment

• Couldn’t get in the hull team I was reading .
                          we may as well use our own young players instead .

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

What's that based on?

Yes we had some bad results last season under GA but we also had some good results. Have you forgot we beat Watford, Burnley and Stoke? We drew with WBA and Norwich. I would have had us down for a defeat in all of them with Stoke being a chance of a point.

This squad went missing and had terrible runs of results dating back to Warbs. It's clearly obvious it's not down to Warburton, Beale, Critchley or Ainsworth. We need a clear out and bring others in.

Suggesting a manager isn't up to it tactically after 10 years of management is a bit silly don't you think?

Hard work and running gets you a lot further than you think. That's the first thing we should be doing! Don't you think it's a positive with the opposition knowing they're going to have to work hard against us? Or did you prefer going 1-0 down inside 10 mins most of last season?

I'm sure GA would love to sign better players. However we as a club can't! It's not GA just looking to lower league players it's the fact we have no option if we want to abide by FFP and avoid a points deduction.
                            Tbf Ainsworth don’t have any tactical strategy
                            it is hard work and don’t stop running . But as a club we will never attract a tactical genius manager they are at top clubs .

I also agree with you regarding the results but we was battered by Blackpool lost to Rotherham/ Wigan and basically massive games we should have won . But then beating the teams you said balancing it out that’s the qpr way .

I personally don’t see him lasting because we as a club we are skint and can’t spend so we can only attract a certain type of player and that’s not who we want . So it may be we just got to hope that sweat and blood will get us over the line .
                            however I was impressed with the attacking play in the first half . Roll on watford away

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Tbf Ainsworth don’t have any tactical strategy
                              it is hard work and don’t stop running . But as a club we will never attract a tactical genius manager they are at top clubs .

I also agree with you regarding the results but we was battered by Blackpool lost to Rotherham/ Wigan and basically massive games we should have won . But then beating the teams you said balancing it out that’s the qpr way .

I personally don’t see him lasting because we as a club we are skint and can’t spend so we can only attract a certain type of player and that’s not who we want . So it may be we just got to hope that sweat and blood will get us over the line .
                              however I was impressed with the attacking play in the first half . Roll on watford away
                              Surely he's won enough games in his managerial career to be seen more than just a manager who's teams work hard? To be fair, I wasn't happy in a few games tactically but I've been the same under the previous managers I mentioned so is it players not doing their jobs? I think there's one thing we can all agree on and that's that this isn't the type of squad GA is used to. It needed time for both himself and the players to adapt. I guess we'll see in the first few months of this season.

Spot on we had some terrible results and performances. I'm putting it on the players personally. As previously mentioned they've done it before and both players and GA needed time. Getting done 6 at Blackpool is nothing short of a disgrace professionally. I don't care who's the manager, players have to take responsibility on the pitch and have a bit of pride to dig deep and not let that situation happen.

I agree I don't think he'll last. The fan base is already split which is never a good sign and he's a popular figure due to his playing days, which is even more worrying for him. We've got a tough start as well, which won't help. I didn't think he was the right appointment at the time with this squad but in the end it worked out. GA has now had a pre season so doesn't have any excuses in terms of players fitness and getting his way of playing across. No doubt he wants more players in the building.

Personally I think we need to stick with him as I don't think we'll get relegated with him in charge. The issue is, who is the next appointment and what style is he going to bring? This is why I found it very strange to go from Warburton, Beale and Critchley to the complete opposite in GA. What happens next? We spend all summer and bring in players for a more direct approach and suddenly we go back to possession based? We're asking for trouble. I think the best outcome is to give GA the season, stay up and then decide in a similar way to what happened with Holloway. It at least gives a pre season to sort out everything.

My overall opinion is the club have made a right mess of this and it could go pear shaped. Hopefully not as I want GA to be a success but I think a lot is already against him. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

What's that based on?

He's only been at ww. No other club really came after him. Only managed at league 1 apart the season ww came up and went straight back down. He's already shown year with some strange tactics. Chair left mid. Dunne at right back. The football was dire and I'd say most of put fans expect us to be in a relegation battle.

I'm happy that he's got rid of the shirkers and expects 100% effort but we need quality to go with it. If dykes gets injured we are fooked..

Comment

Working...
                                X