No announcement yet.

Willock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should be in Spain. He needs to decide pronto and stop messing up Marti's plans.

Comment

Hope we have a clear deadline for sorting this out. Of all our players last season I’d say Willock needs a good pre season so he is fully fit and not needing to be wrapped in cotton wool. He’s not doing himself any favours either.

Comment

Unhappy being Willock's just in case nobody wants me option. We should move on, forget about him.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I think we all just want this contract to be resolved. If we can get this Willock deal over the line then under Marti we have just secured signing the best player in the division.
          Sammy Smodicz?

Comment

So, Willock's brother (Matt Willock) was playing for Salford and wouldn't sign a new contract because he wasn't getting the wages he wanted and has been without a club since 2022. Both he and and Chris have the same agent (their dad) advising them, so can see something similar happening. Clubs aren't stupid, they know he's not been the same player since doing his hamstring, they know he might have attitude issues under certain managers and they'll know that he had large periods of not playing (i.e under Gareth). I'm just not sure many clubs are going to pay him the wages he wants, free transfer or not.

Comment

He now appears to be extracting the urine, the club should now tell him to sod off.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

He's had half a decent season out of two and thinks he's top dog......?

I hope we're looking at alternatives and if they come off then rip up the Willock offer and show his temperamental ass the door. He's clearly thinks our offer is beneath him.

Comment

Its a funny old world, I don't blame anyone for earning as much money as they can.
                  I also don't blame the club for sticking to their guns and not paying or offering more than they can afford.

I hope the two sides can come to an agreement and if not I hope they have an alternative lined up to play in the Willock role of creator and goal scorer.

Comment

He's gone. It's official.

Comment

Great news........he hasn't shown enough commitment for me over the last two seasons. Irrespective of who the manager is you give your best. He hasn't don't enough for me. We offered him what we think he's worth and it's his call to go elsewhere. Bye!!

Comment

Looks like he's off to Cardiff according to twitter or X or whatever it's called nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          Looks like he's off to Cardiff according to twitter or X or whatever it's called nowadays.
                          Haha!

Just goes to show the lack of interest in him from the big guns in this league. What a career move!!.

Comment

He’s obviously picked up a decent signing on fee show had bos written all over it again

move on but hardly a step up and leaving a manager who had a significant amount of faith in him

Comment

A little disappointed but think we just needed it sorted so we know where we are and can get other players in. Looked better under Marti last season and when on form very good in this division but has had a very up and down time with us so frustrating rather than a great loss. Cardiff pretty much says it all! At best a sideways move.

I find Nourry's comments illustrative too: “It is no secret that, as a club, we would have liked to have found a way to continue the adventure with him. After several months of talks, Chris has decided to go in another direction.

“Whilst we are disappointed not to see him continuing with us, it is important that we have players in the building who we know are all-in on being a QPR player, committed to the club’s game model and the work that Marti and Xavi and the rest of the coaching staff are undertaking.

“Most importantly, we need individuals who are as convinced and excited about the project that the club is now building as we are, whilst respecting budgetary constraints."

Comment

Disappointing - assume he’s chasing money more than enjoying his job if he’s really off to Cardiff!

Comment

Working...
                                X