Willock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
    Willock value has much like his ability tanked. Where as once upon a time he'd command upwards of 5m, if someone was to offer us 1m I think we should take it and run.
    Nobody is going to offer us anything if he's out of contract in the summer.

Comment

Willock is worth zero to us as his contract is up.
      I think Marti is in two minds about offering him a new contract. We know he has ability, but he is very inconsistent. I think he will be let go as Kakay.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        Willock is worth zero to us as his contract is up.
        I think Marti is in two minds about offering him a new contract. We know he has ability, but he is very inconsistent. I think he will be let go as Kakay.
        Inconsistent yes, and he does not turn game the way he used. But that was only a short while ago. Despite his inconsistency you can see his quality when he's on the ball, his delivery, movement and vision are all still there, he can pick a shot better than any of our curent forwards.

We'd be silly to let him leave for nothing, but it depends on what contract he gets. It's obvious he's struggled with management changes and injury. He plays on confidence, if Marti can(t get the best out of him then he is wasted here. He was certainly wasted with GA in charge.

Considering quulity is something we lack, I don't see where we get the funds to buy someone potentially as good as him, so we keep him. Chair on the other hand has people interested and he should be sold, anything in the region of 5 million would be very good business considering the trouble and form he's been in.

Perhaps Marti is not sure what to do, and perhaps we'll see some good performances out of Chris to help sway opinion.

The enigma that is Chris Willock continues....

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Inconsistent yes, and he does not turn game the way he used. But that was only a short while ago. Despite his inconsistency you can see his quality when he's on the ball, his delivery, movement and vision are all still there, he can pick a shot better than any of our curent forwards.

We'd be silly to let him leave for nothing, but it depends on what contract he gets. It's obvious he's struggled with management changes and injury. He plays on confidence, if Marti can(t get the best out of him then he is wasted here. He was certainly wasted with GA in charge.

Considering quulity is something we lack, I don't see where we get the funds to buy someone potentially as good as him, so we keep him. Chair on the other hand has people interested and he should be sold, anything in the region of 5 million would be very good business considering the trouble and form he's been in.

Perhaps Marti is not sure what to do, and perhaps we'll see some good performances out of Chris to help sway opinion.

The enigma that is Chris Willock continues....
          We have already extended Field's contract who was in a similar position. If we've offered him an extension he's stalling. I suspect he'll end up at Watford, Bristol City or Sunderland. They'll give him more wages than us. I'm guessing, but think he wants away from our circus.

Comment

Very frustrating player , he's got it in his locker but is in and out of games .
            Wasn't too long ago his influence on a game was getting us over the line .
            His brilliance was the difference in some games.
            I think it's time for him to chip if he wants to crack on with his career , doesn't look like he'll ever get back to his form of yesterday year.

Comment

I'm sure Weare was waiting for a "I told you so" post after today's game..........oh deary me!

Comment

Willock is our best player on his day but his attitude is'nt brilliant, if he had a good attitude he would be playing in the premier league.
                He is out of contract at the end of the season and will have his pick of most upper Championship sides . Think he will end up at Middlesborough or Sunderland.

Comment

I always got the feeling that he felt we were too far beneath him.
                  Moments of brilliance, but would rather he left; fed up having these types over the years stealing a wage.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    I'm sure Weare was waiting for a "I told you so" post after today's game..........oh deary me!
                    I didn't see the game but the write up classed him as our most creative player. I think it is very worrying times that when he clearly isn't playing to his best that he is still better than most. By the sounds of it Hayden had another shocker. Certainly wouldn't waste wages on him even though he's keen to stay
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I didn't see the game but the write up classed him as our most creative player. I think it is very worrying times that when he clearly isn't playing to his best that he is still better than most. By the sounds of it Hayden had another shocker. Certainly wouldn't waste wages on him even though he's keen to stay
                      I hope he stays if he wants to be here. But still think he's going through the motions to prove to another team he's worthy of higher wages elsewhere. If we can afford to pay Dykes £18k a week then Willock should be given the same.

A focused and committed Willock would be a real asset to us. But I still think he fancies a change of scenery.

For what he's producing for us this season I'm confident Marti will be able to bring in a player of equal quality.

Comment

As Willock can sign for free, there will be clubs out there that will offer him £25k+ per week. The question we have to ask ourselves is if we can use the money wiser or not.

The relevant discussion is not whether it will be silly or not to let him leave for free but whether it is silly or not to offer him a better contract than richer Clubs than us can afford.

Comment

I would not offer Willock £25k a week because he hasn't produced for us over the last two seasons. The reasons may be injury, getting hump over managers, playing whilst holding back to avoid injury, contract run down.....etc. Quite frankly he hasn't earned the right to be our top earner.

Let Marti and Nourry look at the Euro market and get two up and coming youngsters in for £12.5k a week each. I'm confident they're out there.

Comment

So next Monday is July 1st.
                            We will know one way or the other concerning Chris.

Comment

No doubt he downed tools under Critchley & Ainsworth and their type of football. From what I've heard believe that a 3 year deals been offered and he's thinking/stalling on it ,surely waiting for a better offer from another club, would love him to be here come the star of the season. He's a very good player when on it, also I think Marti shows him love and wants him to stay

Comment

If he has been offered a three year deal he should snap Martis hand off

He wont get that anywhere else and he is only likely to get a sideways club in for him anyhow at best.

Whether we want him or not is another matter entirely

Comment

Working...
                                X