No announcement yet.

January Transfer Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's the 1st Feb and this is what we're left with, what we've acheived is to get shot of some fringe players, and 1 first team regular (Dozzell was not a good player imo but he did start alot of games) from a position with 1 player in reserve. Correct me if i'm wrong but our midfield is now EDB, Field and Colback?

We've brought in a striker for a position where we often only play 1, and have 2 ok options, i assume in the hope of it being a step up.

We're now weaker in depth than we were, in an area of the park we were hopelessly weak. Anyone could see that.

That's the end for me, maybe the club tried and failed, ran out of money and options, but the squad is all but doomed. We have given Marti no options to get us out of situations where we are being over run, no options to setup the midfield to do much more than collect the ball from defence and hope someone is making a run or some movement into space (doesn't happen), we've completely let ourselves down here.

I'll add that despite this, this squad has been able to and should be able to get the results we need. It just isn't, I think we needed something to happen in this window, one loan player would have been enough for the way we have been playing to start becoming more effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      So it's the 1st Feb and that's what we're left with, what we've acheived is gotten rid of some fringe players, and 1 first team regular (Dozzell was not a good player imo but he did start alot of games) from a position with 1 player in reserve. Correct me if i'm wrong but our midfield is now EDB, Field and Colback?

We've brought in a striker for a position where we often only play 1, and have 2 ok options, i assume in the hope of it being a step up.

We're now weaker in depth than we were, in an area of the park we were hopelessly weak. Anyone could see that.

That's the end for me, maybe the club tried and failed, ran out of money and options, but the squad is all but doomed. We have given Marti no options to get us out of situations where we are being over run, no options to setup the midfield to do much more than collect the ball from defence and hope someone is making a run or some movement into space (doesn't happen), we've completely let ourselves down here.

I'll add that despite this, this squad has been able to and should be able to get the results we need. It just isn't, I think we needed something to happen in this window, one loan player would have been enough for the way we have been playing to start becoming more effective.
      After Sundays Huddersfield game they run our midfield ragged take field out for 2 games and colback if he gets obligation yellow I'm not sure how many hes on were short in numbers paal in theres hopeless.

Our aim was 4th from bottom still is only team I can see being pulled in is wall brum will climb up.

I can see the 3 in there now getting cut adrift quickly

Comment

• I apologise I assumed January window closed on 31st but its tonight!

maybe just maybe we can get 1 in

Comment

• Well I guess we knew this season we are even more skint than normal so there was unlikely to be any influx of signings as the club simply haven't got the money.

In that context I am not unhappy at this window. No major players have left and we have swapped out a largely ineffectual midfielder who wanted to move on (and was one of our higher earners) for a striker.

We are short in central midfield but my own view is we need to play two up top, certainly at home and arguably away. Prior to Frey signing we had two main strikers, one of whom is still raw, and it would a big ask for him to play as a starter week in week out. No idea what Frey will be liked but has been described as physical and knows where the goal is. Will give us more options up front both in terms of the starting line up and during games not to mention someone else should one of the three not be available.

The others that have moved away on loan nowhere near first team standard so no loss.

We are up against it to say the least. Sheff Wed look capable of getting their noses in front of both us and Huddersfield plus the rest of the pack are seven points away which is a big ask to catch given the state we are in so we are likely in a mini league of four and we need to win it. Depending on injuries and suspensions we are capable of getting points but we are out of wriggle room and need to actually do it rather than just have the potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Both field and colback are walking red cards! Field missing the next 2 games. Colback is already proving injury prone and edb is unproven at this level. If we don't sign a cm then we are definitely preparing for life in league 1. Think the club are coming to terns with it already. Might be a good thing to be honest.

Fresh start. Get rid of these mercanaries who are just not good enough. Some are here cos no one else offered them what we did and others are clearly lining up their futures elsewhere. I'd happily keep sincs and edb and let the rest walk out the door.
            Agree new league new season new approach new players and back up again asap. Keep Marti though

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Hooper W12 View Post

Agree new league new season new approach new players and back up again asap. Keep Marti though
              Are we going down then? Christ have faith & not over till the fat lady sings

Comment

• I’d love to see a centre midfielder come in today but I cannot see it happening, sadly.

As for the “get relegated and have a fresh start” idea. In theory, it’s a good idea but in reality, it’s abysmal. On the pitch, League One is full of reasonably big sides for that level and it’s not easy to get out of. Financially, it’ll be yet another blow to the club and will be difficult to work with.

Comment

• Read somewhere there were only 17 acquisitions made by Prem clubs this window - we're not alone in being quiet in January.

No idea what Frey is like, but given we are rubbish at attacking as a team I'm unsure what difference he can make? We did not replace Dozzell so I maintain my original view that letting him go has weakened us.

Big onus now on our 1st XI to avoid injury and suspensions cos our 2nd string looks very lightweight to me.

Comment

• Only an X rumour but says Brum made an offer for Chair that was rejected last week and no follow up offer made. Can't see it personally. Whilst they have been active they have been restrained in terms of actual money spent. In fact been very quiet window overall. Aside from a few sides even the more active Championship clubs when you look at it have spent next to nothing on what largely look to be mediocre signings. Cost of living crisis (fancy label for a recession) has maybe finally hit football!

Sky linking us along with Coventry and a Belgian side with loan move for Malcolm Ebioweifrom Palace. He is a winger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Read somewhere there were only 17 acquisitions made by Prem clubs this window - we're not alone in being quiet in January.

No idea what Frey is like, but given we are rubbish at attacking as a team I'm unsure what difference he can make? We did not replace Dozzell so I maintain my original view that letting him go has weakened us.

Big onus now on our 1st XI to avoid injury and suspensions cos our 2nd string looks very lightweight to me.
                      Who would you rather Dozzel or Frey. There was no budget for both. As a defensive mid Dozzel created next to nothing and he position can be covered by Paal or one of the CBs as a last resort. I think we're better overall for the Dozzel / Frey transaction.

No idea where today will take us? Dunne or Willock out and Tim in would be ideal if it has to be one out one in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Read somewhere there were only 17 acquisitions made by Prem clubs this window - we're not alone in being quiet in January.

Just hoping that Frey is a "Striker" like Charlie - if there's nothing on attack wise, he'll go back a bit and hunt for something to make happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Who would you rather Dozzel or Frey. There was no budget for both. As a defensive mid Dozzel created next to nothing and he position can be covered by Paal or one of the CBs as a last resort. I think we're better overall for the Dozzel / Frey transaction.

No idea where today will take us? Dunne or Willock out and Tim in would be ideal if it has to be one out one in.
                          Neither, if only 1 player could come in, it would have been a midefielder like Tim. That's what we are screaming out for. Striker (Frey) would have been a bonus.

But, as it seems the January winfow actually goes on until February, there is still hope!

Comment

• QPR and Coventry City eyeing late Crystal Palace transfer deal

The Championship duo are keen on a late move for Malcolm Ebiowei.

Malcolm Ebiowei, 21, from England ➤ Oxford United, since 2024 ➤ Right Winger ➤ Market value: €1.20m ➤ * Sep 4, 2003 in London, England

Comment

• It is in different danish papers today that Lucas Andersen from danish side AaB is in London to day, and we are in talks. It is a player Marti knows very Well from his time there, we Can have him on a free, papers say.

Comment

• QPR, Birmingham City and Rotherham United are all in the race to sign Luton Town loanee Allan Campbell, Football Insider has claimed.

Allan Campbell, 26, from Scotland ➤ Charlton Athletic, since 2024 ➤ Central Midfield ➤ Market value: €2.00m ➤ * Jul 4, 1998 in Glasgow, Scotland

Comment

Working...
                                X