January Transfer Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I genuinely can't remember.... Did Willock play much or do much under Beale? In my head, Willock has spent 80% of past 18 months in the wilderness. Therefore, I'm unclear if there'd be much appetite for the move from Beale or Willock.
    Even if I'm wrong, I'd imagine a hard-headed DOF or CEO up there would think "hang on, this guy's a bit flaky and is prone to crying off injured for weeks/months on end".
    Overall I don't think there'd be too much interest in Willock at this juncture - reckon he needs to show a run of fitness and form to alleviate possible questions about his appearance record over past season or so.
    Agreed.

Trouble is he'd need to get his head down now to be attractive to another club.

Catch 22 is that if he does, he shows he was just sulking all the time - what club would want to buy that and pay good wages?

Comment

A news article reporting we are after tim
      but villa want any deal with any club to be permanent 4million .
      I think that would be a steel his got a lot to learn but definitely got talent

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
        I was impressed with him can go awol but had the ability to run and break from midfield with the ball, I think he'd do well under MC style we need more from cm field, dozzell colback all a bit the same although colback scores goals

Think only chance is agree a loan then a fee after loan in summer

Comment

£4m naming rights of the Elerslie toilets should cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

£4m naming rights of the Elerslie toilets should cover it.
            Yes. The Givenchy Water Closets sounds pleasant. Could have French male models deployed as attendants handing you a fluffy towel as you finish pee'ing and spraying you with Gentleman Boisee as you exit.

Comment

I hope there are some European based bargains coming our way in Jan. Surely there are some Scandinavian players out there that can do a job for £4k a week????

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                I hope there are some European based bargains coming our way in Jan. Surely there are some Scandinavian players out there that can do a job for £4k a week????
                Loads, however, they'll have much better options than us.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and we'll pick up couple of gems in January, either loan or signing. Honestly, I can't see it happening.

One thing I will predict in January. We'll sign youth player released from Tottenham academy following successful trial. Player will start with our development squad. Never play for first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Loads, however, they'll have much better options than us.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and we'll pick up couple of gems in January, either loan or signing. Honestly, I can't see it happening.

One thing I will predict in January. We'll sign youth player released from Tottenham academy following successful trial. Player will start with our development squad. Never play for first team.
                  I think I've read this book before ? More than once as well !

Comment

Still think the lad at Wimbledon is worth a shot. Scored and assisted again tonight.

Comment

It’s been obvious for years now but to save our Championship status, it is absolutely imperative that we sign not just one but at least two Strikers in January.

A permanent plus a young Prem loan is the best we can hope for. There must be someone out there that can get at least 1 in 3 that won’t break the bank, though may have to sell Chair if we have to.

I firmly believe that Austin or even Martin would have had 4-5 goals under Marti. Although most of the time it looks like we are creating nothing for Dykes/Armstrong, it’s their lack of natural instinct that is the problem. I notice in most games under Marti we have had a few low hard crosses in the six yard box that would have been taken by Austin.

Comment

Bristol City want Tim and they have cash so don't think this will work out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                          Still think the lad at Wimbledon is worth a shot. Scored and assisted again tonight.
                          Scored again today. We prob can't afford him anyway. We are probably busy scouting an unknown Swedish forward instead!!! Fml

Comment

MC says we will try and be creative in the window. That sounds like we have to ship some out first..!

Its a worry that there arent any rumours flying about. Its almost as if we will start our search from tomorrow. Im not getting any sort of vibe that anything is imminent.

If the likes of Chair and Willock are about to leave, I hope the buying clubs need urgent additions for their promotion pushes and will place bids in the next few days. If we have to wait till the end of Jan to do our business I suspect we'll be down and out by then.

Anyone hearing any gossip on the grapevine?

Comment

You would hope that the club have signings lined up…asap….as our problems are obvious to all…
                              how much more patience do the board think the fans have watching the team’s efforts for the past few seasons..?

Comment

Not wanting to derail the thread, but if no Jan business occurs, protests?

Comment

Working...
                                X