No announcement yet.

Eze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe being pessimistic but unless eze goes abroad I am struggling to see where he will go in premier league. Cannot see City, arsenal, Liverpool, coming in for him Tottenham seem to have a lot of attacking midfielders already. Never seemed mentioned for man utd, Chelsea have lots of options already.

Unless they sell players can't see villa affording him, maybe Newcastle will make a bid if they sell Gordon which I don't think they will.

Wondered what other people think.

Comment

My view is he had a very impressive second half of last season, forced his way into England squad and has looked decent enough when brought on. If he can maintain form levels I can see him fitting in at any number of top sides. Man City might be a stretch but pretty much any other side.

Bigger problem might be Olise has gone and Palarse may feel they do not need to sell and want to keep hold of players to see how they can do under the new manager given the promising start he made when he came in. It wouldn't surprise me to see him stay and Palarse look to improve overall quality of squad to try and compete a little further up the league.

Comment

I thought he has a release clause in his contract, which needed to go in to make him sign his last contract extension with Palace. Anyone meeting that and he'll go even if CP want him to stay. The rumour on the Interweb was Spurs are going to meet it, rumoured to be £60m.
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 08-07-2024, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I thought he has a release clause in his contract, which needed to go in to make him sign his last contract extension with Palace. Anyone meeting that and he'll go even if CP want him to stay. The rumour on the Interweb was Spurs are going to meet it, rumoured to be £60m.
          True. But ultimately its what the player wants isn't it? If say Everton came in and met the release clause but Eze don't want to go, it's a non-starter. Maybe he'll fancy Spurs, maybe he won't.... with £60 mil to play with I wouldn't rule out possibility of Palace waving a big fat "loyalty bonus" at him if he stays another 6-12 months. It's all a bit complicated! Still staggers me how Reading didn't stick any sell-on clause on Elise - fair do's to Les/Lee, they did well with that one for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

True. But ultimately its what the player wants isn't it? If say Everton came in and met the release clause but Eze don't want to go, it's a non-starter. Maybe he'll fancy Spurs, maybe he won't.... with £60 mil to play with I wouldn't rule out possibility of Palace waving a big fat "loyalty bonus" at him if he stays another 6-12 months. It's all a bit complicated! Still staggers me how Reading didn't stick any sell-on clause on Elise - fair do's to Les/Lee, they did well with that one for us.
            Yeah, nothing is guaranteed for sure. But you'd think Palace can't keep paying mega money and possibly lose out on a pay day. But I guess it's a balancing act to avoid relegation too.

Reading are where they are for a reason I guess. Our two did well......

Comment

Just read that his £60 Million release clause has expired.

Comment

Working...
              X