Very big news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave35qpr View Post

Just thought i'd reply to this as I have done alot of work a few years ago for the brentford owner at his betting company in Highgate.
    (QPR fan since 1974!)
    Basically they have a massive office full of desks with TV's showing as much football as they can and sat in front of those TV's all day are about 50 people who's sole job is record as many stats about teams and individual players as they can think of. These guys are totally focussed on the football so muchbso that they don't even leave the desks at lunchtime as they get cooked meals provided for them!! They also have some sort of algorithm that then works things out for them, some of which is used for the company (smartodds) and some for the club ((Brentford) . Obviously this seems to be proven to be of great benefit for the team. This data collection has been going on for years so they must have a massive amount of data to choose from.
    Fair play
    what you put in to anything you get out
    it’s working for them

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Why cant they use the stadium / pitch for boxing, music events and things like that? Great location, cheaper than O2 and accessible via great transport links
      If this shower can do it why not us?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news...ncert-in-2024/

The only thing I would add is that London may be a saturated market with the O2 and Wembley Arena in the area.

Comment

I agree we could use it for other events.
        issue is no band or singer / boxing etc would want to play / sing at loftus road there’s isn’t enough pull for it . As previously mentioned the transport links would be fantastic.
        parking wouldn’t be a big issue as west field parking and surrounding areas .
        it definitely can be used for say lower key boxing or mma events etc people buying tickets and then buying beers / food etc
        I don’t think we have ever had a event there other than England b game years ago

tottenham new stadium hosted the aj fight
        Also Beyoncé and red hot chilli peppers are playing there soon . And nfl
        That stadium cost them 1 billion

we have a great location

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
          I agree we could use it for other events.
          issue is no band or singer / boxing etc would want to play / sing at loftus road there’s isn’t enough pull for it . As previously mentioned the transport links would be fantastic.
          parking wouldn’t be a big issue as west field parking and surrounding areas .
          it definitely can be used for say lower key boxing or mma events etc people buying tickets and then buying beers / food etc
          I don’t think we have ever had a event there other than England b game years ago

tottenham new stadium hosted the aj fight
          Also Beyoncé and red hot chilli peppers are playing there soon . And nfl
          That stadium cost them 1 billion

we have a great location
          1975 YES concert
          1985 Barry McGuigan flight

Those events would probably be at the O2 or Wembley Arena for a 20k crowd these days. Theyre geared up for it. But some sort of outdoor festival type event could work.
          Last edited by SheepRanger; 13-10-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Talking about major events over 40 years ago sums it up. We don't have anywhere near the facilities to hold these events.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Why has the news of this takeover not been broken in the media in Europe? In July Bloomberg Canada published an article on QPR looking for investment.

If the mandate has been sent to an American bank to process the sale of QPR. Then surely breaking news in the media and Sky Sports must be imminent.

Once I read the article in Bloomberg I knew it was legit. A respected brand name such as Bloomberg is not going to print gossip like the tabloids do.

The sooner news breaks in the UK about this the better. My guess is very soon QPR will have American owners.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorksky10 View Post
                Why has the news of this takeover not been broken in the media in Europe? In July Bloomberg Canada published an article on QPR looking for investment.

If the mandate has been sent to an American bank to process the sale of QPR. Then surely breaking news in the media and Sky Sports must be imminent.

Once I read the article in Bloomberg I knew it was legit. A respected brand name such as Bloomberg is not going to print gossip like the tabloids do.

The sooner news breaks in the UK about this the better. My guess is very soon QPR will have American owners.
                Progress a sale may include distributing investment documents to potential investors. If buyer had been found then Im sure it would have hit the media. I see this as the start of the process not the final touches. I doubt anything will happen until its known what league we'll be in next season.

But perhaps new owners have been found and non-disclosure documemts are in place so it would be announced until its all signed....?

I dount anyone really knows where we are at with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Progress a sale may include distributing investment documents to potential investors. If buyer had been found then Im sure it would have hit the media. I see this as the start of the process not the final touches. I doubt anything will happen until its known what league we'll be in next season.

But perhaps new owners have been found and non-disclosure documemts are in place so it would be announced until its all signed....?

I dount anyone really knows where we are at with it.
                  Amit does, and his actions will drop afew crumbs at least.

Comment

I think it's probably well known in the UK that the owners are looking for an out. Not sure anyone in Europe would be interested, so nothing newsworthy here. Next stop the USA and perhaps Canada (I don't know how much interest there is in "Soccer" there).

Of course, there's always the near east or China?

Comment

Thanks springbok for the update

Comment

Thanks for the update springbok.

Is there any sort of timescale for when this takeover may be completed by? I did read that the hope is to have the new owners in by the end of the season.

Comment

I am quietly confident something will be done in the next fifty years

Comment

Exactly fur, we won't be around to see it so who gives a toss
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think this 'takeover' talk makes sense...

It explains the 'no transfer' fees maybe (Im thinking of the £400,000 deal with the Peterborough player), the lack of DOF and the tight purse strings. Naturally, the balance sheets will need to be as favourable as possible with a takeover bid.

I feel for Ainsworth in this time too, but maybe he does not have what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                I am quietly confident something will be done in the next fifty years
                                The main thing about dying that worries me is how am I going to get the football results?

Comment

Working...
                                X