No announcement yet.

Very big news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes not sure how Bournemouth have managed to do it but the way Brentford have been run is incredible

Their player recruitment/ turnover has been fantastic similar to Brightons - something that we aspire to but our recruitment Eze aside has been so poor. Potentially decent players come to us and Get Worse not better.

Dickie, Chair, Willock, Dozzell, lluongo, plus all the other lower league recruits whose names we all have forgotten all come and devalued the longer they stayed.

Comment

Bournemouth's stadium was built early 2000's if I remember correctly? Although it's small I'd guess they have the ability to use the stadium on non matchdays. I'm not sure how much they generate from that but it definitely helps. They have also been in the Premier League for 7 of the last 9 seasons which generates huge income. Brentford have done it by recruiting very well and buying low, selling high while still having success on the pitch.

We have the obvious struggles with creating income and then we're bound by FFP, so we need to find another Eze or two to get the ball rolling again. The new owners could be the answer to the model of buying low and selling high but it would need a complete restructure and also a bit of luck. It's not easy to do as we've proved in the past!

It's all a bit of a mess on and off the pitch.

Comment

One thing we (the owners) never did is a good restructuring of the club from top to bottom. I mean, if the club is loosing 500k a week, something is very wrong. If the owners keep pumping money in, then the problem will never be solved. Someone mentioned on this site that Milwall, similar to our size, have 150 employees, while the R's have 200! Why? Even the number of players on our books might be a bit too high. Do we need all these players? I wonder. So the club should built on the actual income that generates. If it was a manufacturing company and loosing money every week, they either close the door or have a very good look at reasons behind the problems.

Comment

The last published accounts show a loss of £24.7m for the year ending 31 May 2022. The £2m a month loss is therefore nearly 18 months old. Based on the current squad I doubt the owners are still pumping in £2m a month.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Yes not sure how Bournemouth have managed to do it but the way Brentford have been run is incredible

Their player recruitment/ turnover has been fantastic similar to Brightons - something that we aspire to but our recruitment Eze aside has been so poor. Potentially decent players come to us and Get Worse not better.

Dickie, Chair, Willock, Dozzell, lluongo, plus all the other lower league recruits whose names we all have forgotten all come and devalued the longer they stayed.
            This is so so true.

Lyndon and Sinclair are actually decent players, Charlie was still good when he came back, we've just been woeful for a long time. The one period under Beale we were exciting to watch. Even under Warbs it was still a struggle to watch and many players siply dried up from being mis-used.

Big point this about GA that Oslo brings up and has been on the table for a long time. Ain't no player increasy their worth under Ainsworth.

Comment

I think the problem isn't capacity, but rather the fact that we cannot generate enough non-matchday revenue from the current ground.

I think we should be looking at buying the Jack Tizzard School up, relocating them to a bigger site and then we develop perhaps a hotel and events complex there.

Comment

Why cant they use the stadium / pitch for boxing, music events and things like that? Great location, cheaper than O2 and accessible via great transport links

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Think he's gone tomorrow. I won't say nothing else on the matter.
                  Any update on this mate?

Comment

yeah BS

Comment

Myu doesn't have history of bs posts and I can confirm he has no conversations with the king of bs Peter Davies qblockpete these days
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Think he's gone tomorrow. I won't say nothing else on the matter.
                        Where did you hear this mate? I did read on one of the other forums that there was a meeting scheduled today, but we obviously dont know whether its a routine thing between Amit and GA.

Comment

I was told in confidence so I can't say anything other than it's from an official in football. I honestly can't say any more than that, sorry.

As you are aware things can change all the time, but I would give GA a few more games.

Before Blackburn, we were playing well and unlucky at times, I want to forget about the last game. Work colleague is a Blackburn fan.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Not sure how true it is but a friend over a beer said that Brighton and Brentford have the edge over every club in the country even over Man City for finding cheap talent and turning over a massive profit on them . It’s something to do with having access to a database that no other club can access . Apparently to do with their owners and betting . Not sure the ins and outs of it . But would make sense as they are both the best teams in the country for recruiting and making profit

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Not sure how true it is but a friend over a beer said that Brighton and Brentford have the edge over every club in the country even over Man City for finding cheap talent and turning over a massive profit on them . It’s something to do with having access to a database that no other club can access . Apparently to do with their owners and betting . Not sure the ins and outs of it . But would make sense as they are both the best teams in the country for recruiting and making profit
                              I think we get our player stats from Football Manager!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Just thought i'd reply to this as I have done alot of work a few years ago for the brentford owner at his betting company in Highgate.
                                (QPR fan since 1974!)
                                Basically they have a massive office full of desks with TV's showing as much football as they can and sat in front of those TV's all day are about 50 people who's sole job is record as many stats about teams and individual players as they can think of. These guys are totally focussed on the football so muchbso that they don't even leave the desks at lunchtime as they get cooked meals provided for them!! They also have some sort of algorithm that then works things out for them, some of which is used for the company (smartodds) and some for the club ((Brentford) . Obviously this seems to be proven to be of great benefit for the team. This data collection has been going on for years so they must have a massive amount of data to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                                X