We all suffer personal tragedy.
    Man up, deal with it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
      Total ar5ehole.
      Either play or do one.

We all suffer personal tragedy.
      Man up, deal with it and move on.
      Everyone deals with grief and mental issues differently. I get that his salary
      contributes to the FFP calculations but he's a human being above everything else, albeit one earning shed loads for doing very little at the moment.

Comment

If he can’t do his job (depressed, anxiety or traumatized) he should be on sick leave. We shouldn’t treat or pay him. Take him to GP - get him diagnosed- sickleave.

Comment

His contract will have run out before he’s see a NHS GP and get treatment, he’s going to have to go private.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            His contract will have run out before he’s see a NHS GP and get treatment, he’s going to have to go private.
            Yes, true. Take him to a private shrink. Then sickleave. That possibility might even make him more motivated to do what he`s payed for and supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Obligation to buy him in the summer so we can thank Les for this mess.
              These sort of deals are not really "try before you buy", they are purely about FFP. Back then, the club clearly decided they wanted Richards but forking out £3.5M (or whatever) would presumably have put us in a precarious position with 3-yr rolling FFP threshold. Therefore, we deferred payment by 12 months via the loan.

I suppose if Richards had turned out to be a good player everyone would be lauding our creative thinking and financial gymnastics. Who knows, the lad may yet come good but right now his acquisition appears to have been a catastrophe.

Comment

I just read the last part of this thread now. So sad to hear about, both for Richards and the club.
                I don't think we should be angry on someone suffering from mental issues - it can happen to any of us. I don't think a young, talented, well-payed football player would fake it to have easy days.
                I understand QPR is doing what they can - I hope it works out. Lets get behind him if he gets a chance.
                By the way, a sick leave will not save us a penny. Normally, football contracts aren't made that way.

Comment

I agree 100 % with the poster above.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    I just read the last part of this thread now. So sad to hear about, both for Richards and the club.
                    I don't think we should be angry on someone suffering from mental issues - it can happen to any of us. I don't think a young, talented, well-payed football player would fake it to have easy days.
                    I understand QPR is doing what they can - I hope it works out. Lets get behind him if he gets a chance.
                    By the way, a sick leave will not save us a penny. Normally, football contracts aren't made that way.
                    We are not angry because he has mental issues - the problem is that he isn’t fulfilling what’s signed according to the contract and what’s governing it.
                    He is paid a lot of money, we don’t have a lot of money and he isn’t playing, and the issues are not football related. The rules are clear:

If there is a football relaterad injury or sickness - the club has to pay according to the contract for 18 months.
                    If the injury or sickness is not football related - the club has to pay according to the contract for 12 months.

12 months has passed.

Comment

Swede, do you have a link to a standard EFL contract where these termination or no-payment clauses are inserted?

If you are right that a football players isn't any longer due payment when he has been on sick leave for none footballing reasons for minimum 12 months (suppose it means a running uninterrupted twelve months period), I believe the period has just started running. He was selected to play earlier this season, so in case there is such a twelve months period we are just a few weeks into it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        Swede, do you have a link to a standard EFL contract where these termination or no-payment clauses are inserted?

If you are right that a football players isn't any longer due payment when he has been on sick leave for none footballing reasons for minimum 12 months (suppose it means a running uninterrupted twelve months period), I believe the period has just started running. He was selected to play earlier this season, so in case there is such a twelve months period we are just a few weeks into it.
                        No, but I have listened to Simon Barker (yes ex QPR, then PFA) and Stirrassociates (football agency) regarding this.

Unfortunately, it seems inevitable that every player has to cope with injuries during his professional career. This might not only be a setback for the sporting performance, but also on the financial side. Even for those who played for several seasons in an European top league, financial difficu ...

Comment

Another thing about mental health issues:

Tragic and stressing events can happen to anyone, yes, but we react differently to it. Being low and sad for a while if a close friend has died is normal, but not being able to work years after such an event is not normal. If so, then there is something else going on. Maybe you have a vulnerability for depression and/or anxiety or something else, and need something more than time and everyones understanding.
                          Mental health issues isn’t one thing, and some times people are to quick accepting, understanding and saying ”it can happen to anyone”.
                          No one is helped, over time, with that attitude. It’s not time that heals it is what you do during that time that matters.
                          Stop curling him.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

Tragic and stressing events can happen to anyone, yes, but we react differently to it. Being low and sad for a while if a close friend has died is normal, but not being able to work years after such an event is not normal. If so, then there is something else going on. Maybe you have a vulnerability for depression and/or anxiety or something else, and need something more than time and everyones understanding.
                            Mental health issues isn’t one thing, and some times people are to quick accepting, understanding and saying ”it can happen to anyone”.
                            No one is helped, over time, with that attitude. It’s not time that heals it is what you do during that time that matters.
                            Stop curling him.
                            And even that can be fixed in the year of 2023 without curling anyone.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

Stop curling him.
                              I don't want to start an argument but you have no idea what this guy might be dealing with so you really shouldn't rush to dismiss his problems. I, like all QPR fans are concerned about any drain on the club's FFP related expenses but sometimes the club is right to honour it's duties to an employee and support them through tough times. The Sky Sports panel have just been lauding Spurs for doing just that with Richarlison. Hats off to QPR for supporting Tyler when he needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

And even that can be fixed in the year of 2023.
                                Not fixed, but dealt with.
                                It has to be dealt with in the right way, not just letting him stroll around and everyone understanding.
                                He`s still not back - it hasnt been dealt with in the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X