Does anything really change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anything really change?

not so certain... flab and gp are still there, ok i know mittals have increased their shares but im still not convinced that things like our transfer policy and the like will change. i dont even think we will get warnock in if im honest or curbs for that matter... i hope i am wrong but could this not just be a little change around to try and get the fans back on board?

yeah seems odd that Paladini has kept his job u would think if he went that would freshen things up. The warnock news definately sounds to good to be true.
    get to bed anyway mate we can't turn things around at this time of the night
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
      not so certain... flab and gp are still there, ok i know mittals have increased their shares but im still not convinced that things like our transfer policy and the like will change. i dont even think we will get warnock in if im honest or curbs for that matter... i hope i am wrong but could this not just be a little change around to try and get the fans back on board?
      I absolutely do think that things will change, the majority shareholding has shifted from Flavio Briatore to the Mittals. While Flav and Briatore do remain at the club they are no longer in influential positions.

Too much money has changed hands for this just to be a PR excercise.

Put yourself in Lakshmi Mittal's shoes, why would you have to spend enough money to completely buy out Flavio in order to oust him from the club? All he needed to do was buy enough shares to become the majority shareholder.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
        Couldn't agree more grandson.I can't believe GP still club Chairman.There are so many on this messageboard that continue to pay homage to GP,when basically he is a liar and can't be trusted.He denied what he said to me about Beckford even though there were witnesses present and can we ever forget his alledged and unproven "gunpointgate" case ???? He may well occasionally come across to some as a "nice bloke" in a one to one situation,but thats all PR and to be taken with a pinch of salt.Leopards,as they say,don't change their spots.I wish he would go and let us make an entirely new start as I fear he will still have a say in transfers and through him we've had more chaff than wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
          Couldn't agree more grandson.I can't believe GP still club Chairman.There are so many on this messageboard that continue to pay homage to GP,when basically he is a liar and can't be trusted.He denied what he said to me about Beckford even though there were witnesses present and can we ever forget his alledged and unproven "gunpointgate" case ???? He may well occasionally come across to some as a "nice bloke" in a one to one situation,but thats all PR and to be taken with a pinch of salt.Leopards,as they say,don't change their spots.I wish he would go and let us make an entirely new start as I fear he will still have a say in transfers and through him we've had more chaff than wheat.
          I think you'll find that GP is as much an "ambassador" now. Ishan is running the show (with Amit) and the new manager will be solely in charge of transfers.

Depending on the new gaffer, wouldnt surprise me if we actually employed a new, separate DOF as it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
            I think you'll find that GP is as much an "ambassador" now. Ishan is running the show (with Amit) and the new manager will be solely in charge of transfers.

Depending on the new gaffer, wouldnt surprise me if we actually employed a new, separate DOF as it goes.
            I do so hope you're right Scott.

Comment

Exactly. Just because GP still has a job, doesn't mean things won't change. It will be down to the new owners to allocate tasks to whoever they see fit within the structure at the top. I'm sure if they are serious then it will be the manager who would say who they want, the new chairman would sanction any funding and then it will be down to GP to undertake any negotiating with agents for those players, not ones he chooses.

Regardless of his failings, GP does have contacts and benefits to us as he was an agent earlier in his career, so why not use him for our benefit, but just tell him what to do instead of letting him dictate player aquisitions.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                I do so hope you're right Scott.
                I am.

He'll be at all the games, will continue to travel home and away. Will look after the players at Harlington be one of the "faces" of QPR. He's resigned as DOF and has a new job now. It's a new dawn for him as well. And he is a happy happy man today, I can tell you.

Comment

Yes I hope your right too; I'm looking to return to watching again when I see the circus has finally packed up and moved on.....at the moment having had a season ticket for 26 years and gave it back last year, for which they refunded me in part, it would take a lot to get me back there....but this might!!:pleasantsuprise:

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Regardless of his failings, GP does have contacts and benefits to us as he was an agent earlier in his career, so why not use him for our benefit, but just tell him what to do instead of letting him dictate player aquisitions.
                    If his contacts and benefits are so useful how come we've seen none of it over the last two years.
                    A Brit, abroad

Comment

Yes true good question....

Comment

i dont like the new DOF part scott.i was hoping they would bring a new manager in and get shot of that role.
                        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
                          i dont like the new DOF part scott.i was hoping they would bring a new manager in and get shot of that role.
                          I think a lot of clubs have them and it works a treat...you need a complete DOF, someone who can look after upgrading the youth and things like that as well.

Comment

I think a lot of clubs have them and it works a treat...you need a complete DOF, someone who can look after upgrading the youth and things like that as well.
                            but they shouldnt be getting involved with transfers.the manager should be doing that and him alone.
                            "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
                              but they shouldnt be getting involved with transfers.the manager should be doing that and him alone.
                              Yep..and thats how it now is

Comment

Working...
                              X