Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amit, make all the staff at QPR watch.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amit, make all the staff at QPR watch.......

the QPR Big Match DVD before tonight's match, I've just watched it, it's brilliant, the memories came flooding back.

Then maybe they'll see why the likes of me love and support this crazy football club.

Akos & Adel, watch what Rodney & Stanley used too do to teams.

Cooky, keeps your eyes on Dave Thomas against Wolves away, what a run.

Cerny, Phil Parkes what a goalie.

Ramage & Hill, nothing got past Dave Clements or Ian Gillard, well not both the player & the ball at the same time anyway.

So, all of you F**king concentrate, 100% effort from everyone, we need to win tonight.

Ali Russell, you just might learn that a crowd of 15,000 is not "unprecedented demand".

And all you lot in the stands, no moaning, sing your hearts out.

Come on U R'ssssssssssssss
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

It is great isn't it, even the 3-3 draw with Derby from 3-1 down and Tommy Langley scoring ! Remember that United game 1-0 with Stans missed penalty, like it was yesterday, those 2-3 years 74 -77 were just fantastic.

Comment

Fair play to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        It is great isn't it, even the 3-3 draw with Derby from 3-1 down and Tommy Langley scoring ! Remember that United game 1-0 with Stans missed penalty, like it was yesterday, those 2-3 years 74 -77 were just fantastic.
        Can the new owners, if we get them, bring them back?

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          the QPR Big Match DVD before tonight's match, I've just watched it, it's brilliant, the memories came flooding back.

Then maybe they'll see why the likes of me love and support this crazy football club.

Ramage & Hill, nothing got past Dave Clements or Ian Gillard, well not both the player & the ball at the same time anyway.

So, all of you F**king concentrate, 100% effort from everyone, we need to win tonight.

Ali Russell, you just might learn that a crowd of 15,000 is not "unprecedented demand".

Dave, I think you're right about the crowd.

They could help out as well. Instead of wasting chants on Paladini and Briatore, how about vocal support from kick-off, even if/when Watford score.

I recall times when QPR fans would start singing just after QPR conceded in an effort to encourage the team, now we often hear the crowd sing derogotary songs about the Board. It doesn't help.

Comment

Anyone remember the 5 - 5 with Newcastle!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Sadly, Brian Moore was elsewhere that day.

Comment

Yes mate that was the greatest game of my life, the faces of the geordies after the game priceless, mind you what a team they had as well, and us

Comment

Dave, I was going to post exactly the same thing. I've been off work today and sat and watched the DVD to try and cheer myself up with all the gloom that's been around, and the rain.

The Big Match music brings it all back, Rodney, Stan, Gerry, Dave Thomas, Parkes, the late and great Dave Clement and Micky Leach - Rangers teams you could be proud of, beating the likes of Man Utd (massive crowd), Man City, Geordies twice, Wolves away, Brum, Boro, Sunderland - even Jimmy Hill talked some sense! Ah great nostalgia and here's hoping that we can get the atmosphere and the club back from the current inflated egos who control it.

A few names I'd forgotten about - John Delve, Eastoe, Harkouck, Burke, Billy Hamilton...and who was the guy "Neal" who wore the number 9 shirt at Derby - I can't recall him?

Comment

Yes I was there, It was a great game, a great atmosphere and QPR were 0-4 down at half time, but QPR had a few good chances and at least 1 'goal' disallowed plus another one in the 2nd half.

That draw also ruined my 15 team accumalator. I was really p***ed off with the ref for disallowing those 'goals' when I read the results page.

Comment

I have that DVD waiting for me at home. Bought on Amazon on Friday and waiting for me tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Billericay*icky View Post
                        Dave, I was going to post exactly the same thing. I've been off work today and sat and watched the DVD to try and cheer myself up with all the gloom that's been around, and the rain.

The Big Match music brings it all back, Rodney, Stan, Gerry, Dave Thomas, Parkes, the late and great Dave Clement and Micky Leach - Rangers teams you could be proud of, beating the likes of Man Utd (massive crowd), Man City, Geordies twice, Wolves away, Brum, Boro, Sunderland - even Jimmy Hill talked some sense! Ah great nostalgia and here's hoping that we can get the atmosphere and the club back from the current inflated egos who control it.

A few names I'd forgotten about - John Delve, Eastoe, Harkouck, Burke, Billy Hamilton...and who was the guy "Neal" who wore the number 9 shirt at Derby - I can't recall him?
                        Dean Neal. QPR loaned him to an American club, who then 'sold' him to Millwall.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Hear, hear. But, unless Amit shows them the "muppets Christmas Carol", I doubt he'll be able to command the attention of our squad members for anything more than five seconds. ;D

Comment

Cheers Stan, I remember the Millwall connection now.

I couldn't believe how they managed to run in those red shorts at Derby, as tight as a one armed Jock they were.

Comment

One of those stand-out games I'm proud to say was at. The contrast between the despair at half-time, and the elation at full-time, will live with me forever.
                              And Jack Charlton's post match comments about it being the worst game of football he'd ever seen, or words to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X