X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are QPR after Sven ?

Sven-Goran Eriksson considering English club's offer

Eriksson was the first foreign coach to manage England

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has already been sounded out to find out if he would be interested in a role with an unnamed English side.

Eriksson, 62, resigned as Notts County director of football on Thursday.

"Agents have phoned me with a lot of different jobs, but I will wait until I have a real offer from a chairman of a club or a country," Eriksson said.

"I'm a gypsy - it doesn't matter where I live as long as it's a good project," he added on BBC 5 live's Sportsweek.

The Swede declined to comment on which English club had approached him.

Eriksson has also been linked with World Cup sides North Korea and Nigeria and added he refused to "rule out anything".

Eriksson managed Mexico's national side before joining Notts County following the July 2009 takeover by Middle Eastern consortium Munto Finance, who had a five-year plan to get County into the Premier League.

606: DEBATE
    Where will Sven end up next?

Sol Campbell was the biggest signing as a host of new players joined the club but the new backers pulled out five months later, leaving the club heavily in debt when Peter Trembling took over.

Eriksson expressed his anger at the previous owners, accusing them of leaving the club with "big problems, lots of debts."

County are currently fighting a winding-up petition from HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid tax bill for £324,000.

"The owner Peter Trembling and I, we tried hard to get new people to take over, new investors, and we came close many times but at the end it ended up as it did," he said.

"I'm sorry for the players, for the fans and the club."

Eriksson left the club following the takeover by former Lincoln City chairman Ray Trew.

The Swede wrote off £2.5m owed to him by County to help the club in its battle to survive.

"I had to leave because new owners came on and they didn't want to pay at all," said Eriksson. "I could have stayed for free, but I wasn't really interested in that.

"They made it clear it was not going to be a project to take them to the Premier League, maybe not even the Championship. That's why I was here."

County are currently seventh in League Two, but with games in hand on the teams above them.

Eriksson added: "I think they can be promoted this season.

"If you get promoted to a higher division you have to invest money, and I don't think that will happen, I'm sure it will not."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8514426.stm

you beat me to it

Comment

No thanks we have enough money grabbers already and that is just in the playing staff
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Hes a possibility, better than MH anyway and would probably keep us up.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Bit of a money chaser,but fair play to him,he walked away from a £2.4m payoff from Notts County as he felt they needed the money to survive.

Only club success has been achieved by almost bankrupting Lazio.Don't know what he would do with a minimal budget like ours.

Gotta be better than Harford though.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
            Bit of a money chaser,but fair play to him,he walked away from a £2.4m payoff from Notts County as he felt they needed the money to survive.

Only club success has been achieved by almost bankrupting Lazio.Don't know what he would do with a minimal budget like ours.

Gotta be better than Harford though.
            If we hired the Svenman, then I think our budgetary constraints would have clearly been alleviated.

Comment

Working...
            X