Why i do not fear relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why i do not fear relegation

OK, so some of us are concerned about relegation. I'm not and here's why.

Flavio really is not stupid. He can see that things are not improving on the pitch. So here are the two scenarios I see playing out:

1. Flavio wants to stay and be main man - He will sack Harford, not caring what the fans think and get in someone that can turn this around.

2. More likely that Flavio wants out. The club is worth more as a Championship club than it is a Firs Division. As a result, he will either sell in he next few days or do all he can to ensure that we are a Championship club come the summer (and sell then).

If the dream team of Amit and Warnock come together, I really hope that the fans will turn out in force for the remainder of the season and really get behind the team.

In the meantime, I note some of the comments on here about giving the board a hard time. Please don't do that during the game in a local derby. We started to get behind the team against Ipswich. Let's do the same against Watford. Remember, that they turned us over earlier in the season and it was after that game that the alleged head butt took place.

Joker

Comment

Good sentiments and common sense Conners but i fear it is way too late now. The workers are restless. One outcome now I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post

Flavio really is not stupid. He can see that things are not improving on the pitch. So here are the two scenarios I see playing out:

1. Flavio wants to stay and be main man - He will sack Harford, not caring what the fans think and get in someone that can turn this around.

2. More likely that Flavio wants out. The club is worth more as a Championship club than it is a Firs Division. As a result, he will either sell in he next few days or do all he can to ensure that we are a Championship club come the summer (and sell then).

If the dream team of Amit and Warnock come together, I really hope that the fans will turn out in force for the remainder of the season and really get behind the team.

In the meantime, I note some of the comments on here about giving the board a hard time. Please don't do that during the game in a local derby. We started to get behind the team against Ipswich. Let's do the same against Watford. Remember, that they turned us over earlier in the season and it was after that game that the alleged head butt took place.
        Once they put some EFFORT IN we did.

we dont want much

Comment

I hate to say it but the board and 75% of the players deserve whatever comes their way.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
            Once they put some EFFORT IN we did.

we dont want much
            Didnt go today, but saw enough against Ipswich to believe that with a new manager (who can rattle a few cages) a few hard players (Derry and Morgan) and new owners (Mittals) that we can turn this around/

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that it's essentially what I wrote a week ago!

Comment

waddock????? oh mate--hahaha!!
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

For once i can agree with conners, but whatevere happens it needs to happen NOW.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Flavio really is not stupid.
                    Good grief, where have you been these last couple of years? Just take a long hard look at what has become of our club with that buffoon at the helm.

Comment

sorry conners...read yr post wrong...(waddock?????)-agree mostly..but when do we decide enough is enough...last home game? too late then!!
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Good post.

Comment

in theory you are right

however we all know what flavio should do. but ever since he took over he has not done what seems plainly obvious to most people. i have absolutely no faith in his ability to run this club. this means saving us from relegation as well.

a successful businessman maybe. a successfull football chairman he is not.

Comment

Conners I agree with you totally.

I have posted the below on a different thread tonight, but thought it was appropriate for this thread.

Providing Flavio does sell, i actually think Flavio has done a lot of things which has taken the club forward. however if he stays then I think the club could collapse.

We should remember the good when thinking about protesting and the damage it could cause..... at the end of the day no QPR fan should want to harm the club. So we need to think things through before taking action.

Copy and paste of the post:

........re what has Flavio done for QPR? (I have put a positive spin on this)

- Re conditioned Loftus Road
                            - new big screen
                            - New pitch at HQ and training ground
                            - investment in circa 40 players
                            - financing the football club
                            - signing up the biggest sponsors in the history of the club
                            - Making QPR known again as a force in the UK and around the world
                            - investing in a youth system
                            - new ideas to increase revenue e.g. new dimension to corporate hospitality

When we compare now and 3 years ago:

almost in admin vs now owned by billionaires,
                            car giant local sponsor vs gulf air global brand
                            run down ground vs improved ground with big screen, exec facilities 2nd to none, serious revenue generator improvement opportunities
                            a relegation squad vs a very good squad capable of promotion (think OCT)
                            doom and gloom vs positive expectation

Sponsors... we have global sponsors.... multi million pound deals.... the envy of most premiership clubs.....

Why are "die-hard fans disillusioned with how the club is being run"? Everyone seems to be quick to jump on the band wagon of such statements, I assume it is because of:

1) failure to reach the premiership
                            2) increase in the season ticket prices
                            3) introduction of a new pricing scheme IE bronze silver gold platinum
                            4) the c-club
                            5) change in badge
                            6) non appointment of a house hold name of a manager
                            7) no HUGE name signings
                            8) ABC loan not being zero'd by the owners
                            9) Flavio's alleged involvement with the team and sacking of mgrs
                            10) current poor performance

The real issue here, is that we all had an expectation of immediate success, including the press and I expect the owners including Flavio. With all the managerial changes and now with Mr no hope Mick involved staring relegation this appears to be the stone that’s broke the camel’s back. It could have been a different story if Magilton had not let him self down, which has actually created the grand big mess.

HOWEVER – if the Mittals do buy the club outright this week then I would declare Flavio’s tensure was successful and taken QPR to the next level, where the premiership dream may have a real chance of happening.
                            I don’t think protests are required… Flavio knows it is time for him to sell up, he seems to be doing this so no need to push him over the edge, as the edge will mean BYE BYE QPR.

So don’t protest – hang tight for a while longer – as Pete says give it 10 days!
                            Last edited by scottyboy007; 13-02-2010, 09:59 PM.
                            The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Comment

With you as normal Conners !

Comment

Working...
                              X