the mittals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=qblockoompah

if u was minted would you give flavio a bean of your money? i know i wouldnt, cos hed probly spend it on some new slippers, or if on players then we become a success he takes the plaudits, and a HUGE percentage of future windfalls. I would want him totally out of the way and run things my way. Maybe, just maybe, this is what bhatia and the mittals hope 2 do. [/QUOTE]

Because they could ring fence it for transfer fees only. They could sue Briatore if he misused the money.

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    Mittals are not going to save us. It just will not happen. The man with the money isn't even interested.

Those fans that hound out our owners, and join in mass protests that only help to stop the players performing, thinking the Mittals will be our knights in shining armour may come to regret it one day.
    Exactly my point. Some fans think that the grass will be greener if the Mittals take over.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Exactly my point. Some fans think that the grass will be greener if the Mittals take over.
      Guilty as charged.

And whether they are interested or not, I fail to see how anyone can read their minds and state as "fact" that Amit Bhatia is not interested in taking a bigger stake in the club.
      Of course it is up for debate, but I wish people wouldn't dress up their views and predictions as fact, to make that point.
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I don't know wht the Mittal's intentions for QPR are. But when was the last time that Lakshmi attended a game. He is the one with the money, not Amit Bhatia.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I don't know wht the Mittal's intentions for QPR are. But when was the last time that Lakshmi attended a game. He is the one with the money, not Amit Bhatia.
          Not sure how many games Laksmi Mittal has been to?
          But Amit is the one who does, and is the representative of that side of the board. The Figurehead, if you like.
          He would need some ££help££ from his dad-in-law, of course... but as many said in that thread written to Amit, it is not about chucking crazy "Billionaire" money at big name players, it's about having someone running the club in a sensible way, with some passion for the club, and someone who may (again, I don't KNOW) have learned lessons from how FB has performed, and seen close up how the mistakes have been made.
          I'm 99% certain that he would do a better job, and communicate far more with the fans. That's been the biggest problem of all, not the lack of spending... but HOW it's been wasted, as well the arrogance towards the fans and total lack of clarity about what the hell is going on.

The point is that some people are stating as fact that he just wouldn't be interested... but I still can't see how that can be said with such certainty.

I don't pretend to know either way - but I HOPE he would be.
          And it is certainly worth a try, in the absence of much else in the way of hope.
          No?
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
            Not sure how many games Laksmi Mittal has been to?
            But Amit is the one who does, and is the representative of that side of the board. The Figurehead, if you like.
            He would need some ££help££ from his dad-in-law, of course... but as many said in that thread written to Amit, it is not about chucking crazy "Billionaire" money at big name players, it's about having someone running the club in a sensible way, with some passion for the club, and someone who may (again, I don't KNOW) have learned lessons from how FB has performed, and seen close up how the mistakes have been made.
            I'm 99% certain that he would do a better job, and communicate far more with the fans. That's been the biggest problem of all, not the lack of spending... but HOW it's been wasted, as well the arrogance towards the fans and total lack of clarity about what the hell is going on.

The point is that some people are stating as fact that he just wouldn't be interested... but I still can't see how that can be said with such certainty.

I don't pretend to know either way - but I HOPE he would be.
            And it is certainly worth a try, in the absence of much else in the way of hope.
            No?
            Well said!!
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
            X