No announcement yet.

Is It Me...Is Gorkss Over-Rated??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me Legs has been nothing but impressive at right back every time he's played there. Physical, likes to get forward, likes to pass the ball on the deck. I've said it on other boards.
    I only get a bit of stick! ;-)

Comment

no..gorkss is our best

Comment

Single out a player, and argue for 6 pages that he's over-rated and charges around with no positional sense.
        Can't do much for his confidence if he got wind of this.

I thought we were all supposed to rally around "the lads", and support the team?

We're urged to be all "educated, positive and sensible" when it comes to supporting "the club", but even the better players are fair game if they have a dodgy couple of games?
        And it seems that the players who are actually QPR players, and not borrowed from Spurs or Wolves are the ones getting the brunt of it, when they should be the ones who are given more support and shown some faith.

Buzsaky, Leigertwood and Vine seem to be the latest targets for the big insults, but aim that type of flack at any of our esteemed board, and all hell breaks loose. People are terrified of what might happen if they get stick. We can't have that.
        We might have second division players, but our 4th division owner and DoF (that's being kind) are the ones who mustn't be bad-mouthed?!
        Funny way of carrying on about one of our better players. An actual QPR player, who looks to me like he puts it in every week for the shirt.

To sum up: The players and ESPECIALLY the fans are fair game on message boards, say what you want about them, blame them for anything you like - but don't upset or insult GP or Flavs ability to do their jobs properly, that's counter productive?

Very odd, but that's the internet for you.
        Last edited by Goddard; 02-02-2010, 04:22 AM.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I have to say that Gorkss is possibly our player of the season so far and should be in the starting line up every game

Comment

Kasper Gorkss is a decent player in my humble opinion, is he over rated?, no.

What did he cost, was it £250,000?, decent player for that money
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

ok, as i understand it:

Because Gorkks hasn't been that good over the last month, he's now over-rated.

He's got no positional sense because he has to make tackles at left back and right back, leaving the centre exposed. ever thought to wonder where the b*ggery-B*llox the full backs are at this point whilst Gorkks is making these tackles? but that would of course mean dicussing the flame-proof Borrowdale and Leigertwood.

On the subject of which, Leigertwood has not been bad this season. But, to suggest that he's our best player this season, as you have done on previous threads, is sheer lunacy.

Finally, can you confirm what your stance on players who are clearly good, but out of form? should they be shipped out at the first opportunity, or kept and allowed to regress back to the mean, that is their natural level of ability?

it's just that you seem a bit hit and miss about your own personal transfer policy...
              RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Great how you cannot give an opinion.

I presume some even thought he was leaving today.

Watch the goal again Saturday and tell me where Gorkss was for the goal.

Maybe thats why magilton dropped him. If so many people like Gorkss, then maybe you should be focusing on what a great job we did in getting him in, no lets talk about pellicori instead !!

reality is, he does not hold the line with his other defenders. I even advocated him being captain recently so hardly against the player, but against Sheffield United he was poor and positional sense on Saturday was woeful.
                Have a look at Ramage Pete, I would have him directly t fault for at least 15 goals this season.
                :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                  this thread is embarrassing

as is some of the spelling of our players names.

Imagine it's your tenth birthday and the family come over to give you your presents before it's off to the park to play football with your friends. uncle pete arrives and hands you his present. You unwrap it, ripping the paper off. Yes! It's this years rangers shirt. The away one which you didn't have. All that happiness turns to horror as you spin it around to see No.6 Legiterwood! Yeah cheers uncle pete..

Comment

Not in a million years is Kaspers over rated. He is the outstanding centre half who does his job week in week out. Agreed, on Saturday his first half performance was well below par and he looked like a fish out of water - I put that down to a loss of confidence or a loss of desire to play for Rangers. Personally I think it must be the former as he always gives his all and then some. Mind you, if he has lost the desire it would be 100% down to all the goings on behind the scenes which would mean I would not lose respect for the lad.
                    However, back to the point, game after game he dominates in the air, win's headers and controls his part of the pitch. Sometimes he looks a little awkward, but that is down to his build and stature rather than a lack of ability. When confidence is low, things look harder and Kas has been charged with responsibility for playing balls from the back this season far more than before - the problem is he doesn't know who else to rely on as the unit has changed time and time again. Add to that the fact that some of those around him have limited ability and the confidence just seeps away!!
                    Take Rio Ferdinand as an example - probably one of the best central defenders in Europe but following injuries and a brief loss of form, I recall him looking like a Conference league clogger on occasions this season....................over rated, never - under pressure and not feeling comfortable, yes and it's easy to see why.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Great how you cannot give an opinion.

I presume some even thought he was leaving today.

Watch the goal again Saturday and tell me where Gorkss was for the goal.

Maybe thats why magilton dropped him. If so many people like Gorkss, then maybe you should be focusing on what a great job we did in getting him in, no lets talk about pellicori instead !!

reality is, he does not hold the line with his other defenders. I even advocated him being captain recently so hardly against the player, but against Sheffield United he was poor and positional sense on Saturday was woeful.
                      err - He stepped up for offside with Hill, Connelly got caught ball watching and played them all onside, even Connelly would tell you he was at fault for the goal.

As to Gorks he is clearly having confidence issues, but hey Magilton managed to destroy most of the defences confidence in under a few months. What Gorks is, is solid and brave, what he is not is quick and without a pacy partner he will get exposed

Comment

[QUOTE=qblockpete;260488]It would be unbearable to watch again, but the Sheffield united, Forest and Scunthorpe games he kept leaving 3 at the back, by going looking for the ball.

( I cannot comment on the Blackpool game)

If you want to blame Connolly, Hill, Ramage, Stewart and Borrowdale for 11 goals against in 4 games and make Gorkss exempt, then fair enough.

Me thinks 3 of those 5 names are easy targets, Ramage, Stewart and borrowdale (who was admittedly at fault for one goal against Sheffield united)[/QUOTE]

Which goal was that then?

The 1st wher he was nowhere near the goalscorer as a left back he should have been vloser to the scorer, not leave him unmarked in yards of space.

Perhaps it was the 2nd or 3rd, can't exactly remember which ones, but I am sure he again, was nowhere near the goalscorer who scored from a position where a left back would be expected and the other he gave the ball away.

I agree with the posters who say that he hasn't been on top of his game recently, but to start blaming him for goals conceded becuase he is not staying in a central position or moving into midfield looking for the ball is unjust.

For me he has been at fault for a few goals this season, including swtiching off at Derby and perhaps Doncaster.

But also what is the point of this thread? As suggested already, if he gets to see or hear about this how will that effect his confidence?

Are you recommending that Stewart replaces him?

I can recall many errors made by him since he has been at QPR that have cost far more goals per game ratio than Gorkss.

Hall has gone, so who do you want as a replacement?

Comment

Isn't he captain of his country so yeah must be over-rated i guess
                          God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                            err - He stepped up for offside with Hill, Connelly got caught ball watching and played them all onside, even Connelly would tell you he was at fault for the goal.

As to Gorks he is clearly having confidence issues, but hey Magilton managed to destroy most of the defences confidence in under a few months. What Gorks is, is solid and brave, what he is not is quick and without a pacy partner he will get exposed

This is very true.

What Magilton did to the defenders' confidence by constant chopping changes and criticism was nothing short of scandelous. And some people still think the players or just Buzsaky, are to blame for him losing his job.

Yes, his football was mainly attractive to watch, but at the cost of undoing all the hard work the defenders, Dowie and Sousa had done last season.

Comment

He's overrated because an offer has come in and Gianni would very much like to accept.

Simples

Comment

When he's on the ball all I think of is someone singing 'Hot potato, hot potato'. He looks so uncomfortable and looks like the balls to hot and he must get rid of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X