My thoughts on Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on Today

Pretty uninspiring, much like our latest Managerial appointment.

Short range passing was woeful again with Watson being the biggest cuplrit. We did get better later in the game when we became a little more adventurous in looking for a winner.

1st Half I thought Legs was our best player, though he faded in the 2nd half.
    Conversely, Taraabt was poor 1st half, often trying to take on 1 too many and failing rather than passing. However, 2nd half he was much improved and his work and passing deserved a goal. Unusual, as I've don't recall him playing a 2nd 45 too often. Always seems to be dragged off after 65-70 mins. Perhaps he should stay on more often ?
    Overall, I think Williams was consistantly good for the whole 90 mins, so just edges MotM for me.

Now it seems obvious not just to me, but many around me in LR upper that Routledge is a right winger. That's where he should play in the main.
    No surprise that we started to look more like scoring once he moved wide right. I wonder if he was told to do so, or if he just got fed up and decided to go there himself ?
    We don't need 2 players with a free role in the middle !

Simpson. He's a striker, not a winger. Can you imagine Wenger playing him out wide ? He was ineffective on Monday out wide and again so today. Again, no surprise his best 2 moments came once he got the ball in the box. 1 a disappointing volley high & wide and 1 stone wall penalty.
    That bring me on to the Ref - How did he not give that ? Very poor today. Missed bad tackles, time wasting (Their Keeper was as bad as Cov City's last month) and since when did 10 yards become 9 ?

Agyemang, his 1st touch is poor, his passing is really poor. 1st half I only recall 1 pass finding a hooped shirt....23 mins in. There that's how bad it was, I made a mental note of it. He does try, often sprinting to get the ball back, but he seems to me to be a few seconds behind everyone else.
    A couple of times today, he did not react quick enough, caught ball watching. He shouldn't start games. He's best as an impact player from the bench where his pace is better used later in the game.
    Even Preston knew that. He was only a bench player when we signed him.

Sheff Utd, were there for the taking. Typical Blackwell / Sheffield / Yorkshire side. Big, ugly, quick to close down, tough in the tackle. Sadly we made them look better than that so I suspect they'll claim a deserved point and possibly lay claim to deserving all 3. And they might have got all 33 if they were not so keen on timewasting at every possible opportunity.

Final thought is back to our new Manager. His post match comments concern me already. "Encouraging start" (well yes technically as we scored within 3 mins !), "Excellent" & "Very pleased".
    Not words tripping off my tounge tonight I'm afraid.
Working...
X