Paulo Picked The Team Without Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulo Picked The Team Without Question

I keep hearing this nonsense that Flavio Briatore interferes with team selection. That is ridiculous and convenient paper talk. I suspect he was not happy with results, but I wasn't either. He may have inputted with Dowie, but Paulo definitely got free reign.

Can you just imagine Flavios saying.

"Paulo, I want a diamond formation with Routledge behind the front man"

"Lets go for a draw at home and play one up front"

"Lets pick names out of a hat and see what we can do with the midfield"..

I have not heard such ridiculous thing in my life. I have no doubt, after we lose to Doncaster, Barnsley he is steaming, but any fan who watched that would also be. Difference is , he has the power to talk to the manager.

The Palace game he was at the Grand Prix, do you think he gave team tactics over the phone? Come on be real
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Was it Sousa who agreed the loan of Dexter?

Comment

Peter, take a step back, stop trying to justify this, you have got what you wanted, so quit whilst you are ahead, the media reaction to this has been 100% negative, so a few playground style attempts by you at trying to justify what has happened here really isnt going to cut the mustard when push comes to shove is it ?

Comment

KLR

you don't seem to like the truth.

As for Dexter, who knows?

I suspect he did know, but was telling everyone else he didn't
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          I keep hearing this nonsense that Flavio Briatore interferes with team selection. That is ridiculous and convenient paper talk. I suspect he was not happy with results, but I wasn't either. He may have inputted with Dowie, but Paulo definitely got free reign.

I have not heard such ridiculous thing in my life. I have no doubt, after we lose to Doncaster, Barnsley he is steaming, but any fan who watched that would also be. Difference is , he has the power to talk to the manager.

The Palace game he was at the Grand Prix, do you think he gave team tactics over the phone? Come on be real

So it isn't true that a few of the players at the meal following their get together/crisis talks/clear the air meeting a few weeks back actually asked Flavio to back off and leave Sousa to run the team without interference?

Comment

As has been intimated on here for several weeks, the decision has not just been made. It was made weeks ago by someone who thought that was what the fans wanted, trouble is, it was not what the fans wanted. We wanted a forward not the chance to get Warnock, Johnson or Blackwell whose hoofball we have all seen over the last few weeks. With a forward Sousa would have got wins but he was never given a chance.
            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

KLR

you don't seem to like the truth.

As for Dexter, who knows?

I suspect he did know, but was telling everyone else he didn't
              Are you suggesting that Sousa is a liar?
              A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

Time will tell, lets see what happens

Comment

flavio may not have picked the total team but i know for a fact he wanted certain players playing when sousa didn't

Comment

Time will tell, lets see what happens
                    I'm sure his lawyer can find out your name if you're wrong. Libel pays pretty nicely these days.

Comment

umm

How do you know that?

Paulo had total control of team selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's barnet View Post
                        So it isn't true that a few of the players at the meal following their get together/crisis talks/clear the air meeting a few weeks back actually asked Flavio to back off and leave Sousa to run the team without interference?
                        Pete, are you never going to give a straight answer to a straight question if it doesn't suit your agenda?

Comment

It was Briatore who disliked Blackstock and shipped him out behind Sousa's back.It was Briatore who insisted that Parejo was played even though he was cr*p to keep in with his Real Madrid cronies.He certainly has influences who plays and who doesn't, a matter that has not gone un-noticed by all the media including Gerry Francis,Andy Sinton and all the pundits on Sky.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ again does it ever stop ... you got what you / GP wanted so cant you leave it now

Comment

He was only here with us for 5 months, which is not long enough by any means. They could have at least given Sousa to the end of the season as what harm could it do?

Sousa did the best he could with the players he had, and lets be honest the players don't exactly set the world alight, most of them are mediocure, he did the best he could with them, I thought he did quite well.

Maybe Flavio get your tracksuit on and go down there and see if you can do better.

Comment

Working...
                              X