I'm confused......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused......

I've just read a bit of this thread about how many shots Adel has had compared to goal conversion and other threads about wanting to sign Best, Beckford etc to act as a target man.

So am I now right in thinking what we as a fan base want is a rigid 4-4-2, lump it up there, scrap for it in the box and get a shot on target?

Madness.

In Adel we have somehow managed to get one of the emerging talents - skill in abundance, strong enough to not be knocked off the ball, confidence to try the outrageous and for all his falling down he'll take a few kicks an all. The flip side is arrogance, moody, selfish, blah, blah, blah. I'll take that every day of the week just so I can see a player in blue and white hoops drop the shoulder so well people in Ellerslie Road were sold a dummy and then witness a sublime chip that ever so nearly crept in.
    That had me on my feet clapping - had he played the percentage ball to Watson / a man in space -- yes a chance for another player MIGHT have been fashioned but, but, BUT he made one for himself.

We have simply the most skillfull player in the hoops since I witnessed the days of Wegerle, Wilson and to a certain extent Sinclair. Yet still some can find room to whinge?

I've been a great critic of GP and his merry men (and remain so) but in this boy they've managed to sign a diamond. I would invest whatever it takes to get him permanent - at a higher level he would be worth at least another 3,000 on the gate. All credit to the club for getting him and please let it be for the whole season --- also I agree with QBP that he may well trouble 15 goals IF he's left on in games!!!!!!!!!!!

We're 5th, playing some very decent stuff and with a bit of luck we'll strengthen with another striking option and a leader type in the back 6 or 7 positions.

Has there been a better time in the last 14 years to be a Rangers fan (promotion at Hillsborough aside)????

Or maybe I am confused and we do need to ensure we have 50 shots on goal from now to May and ensure we score 30.

Formulas on postcard please.

U R's!
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Yeah you tell em boy

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
      I've just read a bit of this thread about how many shots Adel has had compared to goal conversion and other threads about wanting to sign Best, Beckford etc to act as a target man.

So am I now right in thinking what we as a fan base want is a rigid 4-4-2, lump it up there, scrap for it in the box and get a shot on target?

Madness.

In Adel we have somehow managed to get one of the emerging talents - skill in abundance, strong enough to not be knocked off the ball, confidence to try the outrageous and for all his falling down he'll take a few kicks an all. The flip side is arrogance, moody, selfish, blah, blah, blah. I'll take that every day of the week just so I can see a player in blue and white hoops drop the shoulder so well people in Ellerslie Road were sold a dummy and then witness a sublime chip that ever so nearly crept in.
      That had me on my feet clapping - had he played the percentage ball to Watson / a man in space -- yes a chance for another player MIGHT have been fashioned but, but, BUT he made one for himself.

We have simply the most skillfull player in the hoops since I witnessed the days of Wegerle, Wilson and to a certain extent Sinclair. Yet still some can find room to whinge?

I've been a great critic of GP and his merry men (and remain so) but in this boy they've managed to sign a diamond. I would invest whatever it takes to get him permanent - at a higher level he would be worth at least another 3,000 on the gate. All credit to the club for getting him and please let it be for the whole season --- also I agree with QBP that he may well trouble 15 goals IF he's left on in games!!!!!!!!!!!

We're 5th, playing some very decent stuff and with a bit of luck we'll strengthen with another striking option and a leader type in the back 6 or 7 positions.

Has there been a better time in the last 14 years to be a Rangers fan (promotion at Hillsborough aside)????

Or maybe I am confused and we do need to ensure we have 50 shots on goal from now to May and ensure we score 30.

Formulas on postcard please.

U R's!
      bang on right........:red_heart:

Comment

fight !!!!

Comment

well said! completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            well said! completely agree.
            what fight ?

Comment

Thats it in a nut shell for me
              A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

is he playing for qprfc or himself?

he is talented and i am GLAD HE IS AT QPR AND NOT SOMEWHERE LIKE CARDIFF!!!

can we afford to be his or spurs experiment and risk a promotion??

if he adds "passing" to his game and uses his "vision" he'd be a top player ( and not at qpr?)
                if that chip had gone in . it would've been compared to cantona and that's some compliment

Comment

I'll take that every day of the week just so I can see a player in blue and white hoops drop the shoulder so well people in Ellerslie Road were sold a dummy

LOL

Comment

LBlOCK Great post and agree entirely. Unfortunately in my opinion, I don't think he will be here come January. Shame because we should do everything in our power to keep him, but IMHO don't think he wants to be here, he wants to ply his trade on the bigger stage .:(
                    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

I agree with thread in part but think reason for people wanting to sign best and so on is so that we can have a plan b. We need this when teams such as leicester do a job on us, deny our flair players space. Then we can lump it long to someone who can hold up ball and bring likes of adel into the game in space further up the pitch

Comment

I'm with you.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I've never stated that I don't want Taraabt but I have stated that 4 goals from 39 shots isn't good enough.

As James1979 points out we don't have a Plan B. Nobody is saying that Plan A isn't working it clearly is as we are 5th but to have a chance to break into the top 2 we need a Plan B as well.

Comment

Having someone of Adel's ability is worth the entrance fee alone.
                            Frustrating at times but is brilliant to watch and whilst he is in the side we will always have a chance.

Comment

So you don't want a new striker?
                              strengthen with another striking option
                              So you do want a new striker?

Yep, you certainly are confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X