Too Many Changes?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Changes?!!!!

There is a lot of talk on here, other message boards and in the press of potentail new signings in January.

Many are suggesting we are about to make wholesale changes, some of the ITK guys are suggesting as many as 5 new players in and 5 players out.

Is anybody else concerned that we may tinker too much and upset the balance of a side that is in good form?

It's obvious that we do need to strengthen in key areas. I'm just slightly concerned we may try and do too much and end up back where we were at the start of the season with players bedding in and JM unsure of what his best 11 is. Would hate to see us lose momentum at this stage of the season.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    There is a lot of talk on here, other message boards and in the press of potentail new signings in January.

Many are suggesting we are about to make wholesale changes, some of the ITK guys are suggesting as many as 5 new players in and 5 players out.

Is anybody else concerned that we may tinker too much and upset the balance of a side that is in good form?

It's obvious that we do need to strengthen in key areas. I'm just slightly concerned we may try and do too much and end up back where we were at the start of the season with players bedding in and JM unsure of what his best 11 is. Would hate to see us lose momentum at this stage of the season.
    That's not a concern of mine, whatsoever mate.

I agree...it CAN have a negative effect, but not the way we're looking to do it. We have a lot of players who aren't good enough so them leaving is not a problem. The ones coming in know why they are here. They know they are here to give us strength in depth. If rumours the Wood is joining are true, he's cover for CB and for RB. We need that. We need a striker for sure and an enforcer of a midfielder to take place of Mahon and Rowlands. This won't be a problem because if fit, Mahon or Rowlands would have started anyway, therefore the starting place for others wasn't an issue.

The above may not make sense to read, but I hope you catch my drift?

By the way, Tarbie...I do understand where your concern is coming from, so this wasn't to say you were wrong to bring the issue up mate.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

not a problem if its dead wood going and better quality arriving to create more competition in 1st team.imho.

Comment

I agree when you see players like Stewart and Ramage on the team sheet it needs addressing. It is a squad game and with Vine now injured we only really have Simpson upfront. I think 2 strikers would be ideal and a cb is a must. With all the injurys in midfield then a centre mid would be great. I think 4 is the min we should be looking at bringing in and really push for promotion. Lets not forget last Jan when 6th we didn't sign anyone and then the injurys hit and it went from bad to worse. Signing are a must as last season showed no ambition IMHO
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The fact that Wood is a natural CB who can play RB (much like Matty C) makes me feel he'll take the place of Legs to allow Connolly and Gorkss to cement the CB slots and TW as LB...That sounds pretty good to me?!

Comment

Wood is 6ft 3inch. I hope he has mobility to play rb
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wood isnt coming to us apprantley now off to Coventry according to Wednesday forums.

Comment

So I've read many times.

I was also told Taarabt was never coming back...the Spuds fans were in the know there, weren't they?

By the way...I'm not saying Wood is definately NOT going to Cov (Just in case you try to dig this up later)

Comment

I agree too many changes is not a good thing, but having too many players not good enough for a top 2 squad in the Championship and the Premier League is not good either.

Release
                  Peter Ramage
                  ? Damion Stewart ?
                  Fitz Hall
                  Heidar Helguson
                  Alessandro Pellicori
                  Angelo Balanta
                  Matteo Alberti
                  Hogan Ephraim
                  Gareth Ainsworth (I would keep him in a coaching capacity)
                  Gary Borrowdale

Keep the existing loans and get a quality LB, RB & CB CM and Striker and we will be just about there.

Comment

Paul of your list I wd keep Hall (as cover). Wd also loan rather than sell Balanta and Alberti as both have considerable ability. Agree that several of the others cd be cleared out. Wd also add Agypants to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Paul of your list I wd keep Hall (as cover). Wd also loan rather than sell Balanta and Alberti as both have considerable ability. Agree that several of the others cd be cleared out. Wd also add Agypants to your list.
                      Nooooooooo....you simply HAVE to keep Stewart over Hall.

Wagadaddy will call you a clueless clown otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        I would keep Stewart as cover, that's why I put ?? beside him as Hall is always on the treatment table. Balanta and Alberti will never be top 6 or premier league quality and I like Agypants, as he is a brilliant option for the the 20-25 minutes if needed.

Comment

I think righting Balanta off is a bit unfair has he not had an injury all season? Im not saying he would or would not ever be a top 6 or Premiership player but I think he needs a run in the side after injury to see how he progresses. He is our own player, we developed him and we should give him the chance!
                          “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

I like Balanta and can see him becoming a good player. Maybe more suited in the Prem that the CCC to be fair as he's still lightweight

Comment

Peter Ramage...I want rid, but he will stay as cover.

Damion Stewart...IMO still has a part to play here, he's better cover than Hall, but cover is what he should be, Connolly and Gorkss 1st choice cb!

Fitz Hall...Can go imo, we need to get rid, not good enough, costs a fair amount in wages, injury prone of the highest order!.

Heidar Helguson...Please see above (fitz hall explanation).

Alessandro Pellicori ... Wont go imo, he will be here until summer atleast.

Angelo Balanta...Good young talent, who clearly features in JM plans, imo could go out on loan, but should be kept!!!

Matteo Alberti...Did ok first season, scored 2 at forest away, hes only young! but imo perhaps isnt good enough...Has a long contract, unless someone comes in for him he will stay for a little longer.

Hogan Ephraim... I like Hogan, i think when fit he has alot to offer this team, young, pace, can score, few tricks and flicks,worked very well with Taarabt last season, could imo be important to have around should we suffer injurys or suspensions!!...Just my opinion ofcourse.

Gareth Ainsworth (I would keep him in a coaching capacity) agree.

Gary Borrowdale...Tuff one you either love or hate him, hasnt had it easy at Rangers, but imo he will stay as cover for a while yet!!
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                              X