Who Should be Given Captain's Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
    I dont think Legs is an influencial player, if he isn't playing we don't really miss him, when he is playing he doesnt drive the team on. If we bought Watson then I would go for him but for now I think it should be Gorkss.

Connolly is a future captain but I dont think he is ready for that yet.
    Whilst I agree that Connolly is very young I would point you to the example of Tony Adams off Arsenal he took the captains armband at an early age.

For me handing Connolly the armband would bring extra responsibility to his game it would and confirm his place in the centre of our defence. Giving Connolly the captains armband at an early age could prove to be a defining point in his career and enable him to fulfill his true potential. I also think the captains armband should be given to an Englishman, this is very important I feel.

So the candidates are

Legiertwood
    Watson
    Gorkss
    Buzsaky

or Connolly

For me Watson is the obvious choice but he is a only a few years older than Connolly and is not our player. Previously I have championed Watson but his temperment has let him down recently and therefore I see Connolly as the front runner.

We all talk of Connolly being a future PL star so IMO captaining a CCC even at an early age should come with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      Whilst I agree that Connolly is very young I would point you to the example of Tony Adams off Arsenal he took the captains armband at an early age.

For me handing Connolly the armband would bring extra responsibility to his game it would and confirm his place in the centre of our defence. Giving Connolly the captains armband at an early age could prove to be a defining point in his career and enable him to fulfill his true potential. I also think the captains armband should be given to an Englishman, this is very important I feel.

So the candidates are

Legiertwood
      Watson
      Gorkss
      Buzsaky

or Connolly

For me Watson is the obvious choice but he is a only a few years older than Connolly and is not our player. Previously I have championed Watson but his temperment has let him down recently and therefore I see Connolly as the front runner.

We all talk of Connolly being a future PL star so IMO captaining a CCC even at an early age should come with ease.
      Spot..... on.

And just because he doesn't scream his head off, doesn't mean he isn't a leader.
      Anyone who saw him at Sheffield, Scunny (with the Terry Butcher-style blooded headband) or most other games will notice that he's always directing... and PLAYS like a leader.

Like a young Bobby Moore.

Comment

with Connolly, you can see he is "inwardly" very determined, if someone could get him to come out of his shell a little, he would be a natural leader. Trouble is, he is still very young and thats why I would go For Gorkss slightly ahead of Legiterwood
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          with Connolly, you can see he is "inwardly" very determined, if someone could get him to come out of his shell a little, he would be a natural leader. Trouble is, he is still very young and thats why I would go For Gorkss slightly ahead of Legiterwood
          Given him the captains armband is one sure way to bring him out of his shell or worst case scenario make him vice captain.

Gorkss or Legiertwood have demonstrated no leadership qualities since they have been at the club IMO.

Comment

If Ramage was playing every game i wud giv him the armband
            CHAMPIONS
            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

gorkks think the skipper should always be a centre back or keeper,easier to read the game in those posistions imo
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

gorkks for me most consistent player throughout the season
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

But Leighterwood has a terrible first touch, can't pass and gives away possession so much. He gets away with a lot because of his strength. We can do so much better!
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Working...
                  X