FAO Sirpiechucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Sirpiechucker

Would you be able to tell me the number of assists Ray Wilkins made for QPR per season / games?

I know this will probably test your ability as the resident statto but I'm think Opta may have started producing stats for the PL around this time.

Thanks very much.

W12

Unfortunately the actim stats for assists only go back to 2001/02 season and the official website only goes back as far as 02/03. ESPN stats start from 2001/02. Statto doesn't have individual player stats.

Only in the last couple of season has actim actually recognised that an assist isn't always from the last person who touched the ball. If Player A makes a fifty yard pass to Player B and all he does it lay it off for Player C to score Player A didn't use to get acknowledged for his part in the goal (the assist).

How many goals this season have started from Gorkss via the midfield but how many people would credit Gorkss with the assist. Data on Wilkins would be the same. His tiny pass that was then laid off to Ferdinand wouldn't have been registered to him so if I could actually find data on him I don't believe it would have been acurate.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Unfortunately the actim stats for assists only go back to 2001/02 season and the official website only goes back as far as 02/03. ESPN stats start from 2001/02. Statto doesn't have individual player stats.

Only in the last couple of season has actim actually recognised that an assist isn't always from the last person who touched the ball. If Player A makes a fifty yard pass to Player B and all he does it lay it off for Player C to score Player A didn't use to get acknowledged for his part in the goal (the assist).

How many goals this season have started from Gorkss via the midfield but how many people would credit Gorkss with the assist. Data on Wilkins would be the same. His tiny pass that was then laid off to Ferdinand wouldn't have been registered to him so if I could actually find data on him I don't believe it would have been acurate.
      Thanks for getting back to me on this, I was hoping you'd dig up a stat which stated that Wilkins had something like 38 assists or had played a part in 38 goals in one season. I remember this coming up on Grandstand as a teenager but have never heard anything on the matter since.

Thanks for digging around on the subject matter, much appreciated.

Comment

I found this info, but cannot vouch for its accuracy:

1993/94 - Assists
        League Leader all teams
        Chris Sutton 22
        17 open play 5 from dead ball
        Ray Wilkins came next with 21
        Top United player came 3rd
        Cantona 20 – 18 from open play
        Other united players
        Mark Hughes 13 – 12 from open play
        Ryan Giggs 12 all from open play
        Paul Ince 12 all 12 from open play
        Roy Keane 10 – 8 from open play
        Kanchelskis 9 – 6 from open play
        Sharpe 9 – 6 from open play

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          I found this info, but cannot vouch for its accuracy:

1993/94 - Assists
          League Leader all teams
          Chris Sutton 22
          17 open play 5 from dead ball
          Ray Wilkins came next with 21
          Top United player came 3rd
          Cantona 20 – 18 from open play
          Other united players
          Mark Hughes 13 – 12 from open play
          Ryan Giggs 12 all from open play
          Paul Ince 12 all 12 from open play
          Roy Keane 10 – 8 from open play
          Kanchelskis 9 – 6 from open play
          Sharpe 9 – 6 from open play
          I think it was for the 92/93 season but that tells a story enough in itself....good research.

Comment

deleted the irrevelant comments,,

think it goes to show an experience midfielder is probably better than a younsgter
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
            X