Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson

Although I'd love to bring in a new striker like Hooper in January, is it not also imperative that we try to tie Simpson down to a permanent deal then too, rather than waiting till the end of the season? Frasier Campbell got Hull promoted, then they couldn't afford to pay the £6m Man Utd quoted and he went elsewhere (now, BTW, mainly on the bench at Sunderland). Its early days but IF Simpson carries on like this he will notch 25 plus goals this season and even if Wenger does release him, Arsenal are going to want serious money by then. At the moment Simpson is still a bit "under the radar", not quite in the list of Championship top scorers (probably only because he didn't start the season with us so hasn't played as many games) but if he carries on his price is going to soar. Why pay £5m tomorrow for what you might be able to winkle out for a cheeky £1.5m today? Sign 'im up, I say :greedy:

Arsenal sold Muamba and Larsson to Birmingham after they impressed on loan at Birmingham and for a reasonable price.

My guess is that they would be willing to sell Simpson for around £2-3M, but will insist on a minimum 33% sell-on fee. They did similar deals with players such as David Bentley, Matthew Upson & Andy Cole.

Comment

you are dreaming?arsenal have him watched and would not let him go for peanuts,no point in signing him as he would be on fairly hefty wages at arsenal,so we would have to better that to start with.if the goals dried up we would then be tied to a contract for 3 years with another player who flattered as a loan only to go down hill when signed

Comment

Originally posted by m_cooper View Post
        you are dreaming?arsenal have him watched and would not let him go for peanuts,no point in signing him as he would be on fairly hefty wages at arsenal,so we would have to better that to start with.if the goals dried up we would then be tied to a contract for 3 years with another player who flattered as a loan only to go down hill when signed

Not really.

I wouldn't say £3M with a hefty sell-on fee is peanuts. It gets them a decent down payment and they have the back-up of knowing that if he does well, they could get much more in the future.

Or they could do a buy-back option where they have 1st refusal at a fee of around £5M (similar to Man U/Stoke deal for Shawcross.

As I said, they rated Bentley, yet sold him to Blackburn for less than £3M and pocketed more than twice that amount as a sell-on fee, when he left to join Tottenham. All in all taking his fee to around £9M.

He isn't likely to get in the Arsenal side ahead of Van Persie, Eduardo or Walcott. Probably not even Bendtner. So for the next two seasons, he may as well be playing 1st team football.

Comment

yes,id try to make it permanent in january as well,but we do need another couple of strikers as well.£2.5 million is my guess of his valuation.

Comment

I would sign him up tomorrow.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

would we spend 3m on a player?not done so to date

Comment

I would definitely try and sign him permanently. Turn the loan deals into permanents and bring in more loans to strengthen.

Comment

but didn't we sign Faurlin for 3.5m? ......... joke
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

well we must have if you believe everything printed by spin machine

Comment

Working...
                    X