No announcement yet.

Simpson needs a partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell you what, iv waited a while b4 i commented on simpson, but for a youngster coming in with pressure on him has been a revalation, top b loody class.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Why does Simpson need anyone with him, we cannot play games with 12 players
      because he is on his own up there.

we can't play with just one up top. it may be ok against the poor teams in the league but when we come up against promotion contenders we will have to have two up front.

Comment

If we play it short we can have one up front but when we resort to lumping it and by passing the midfield then its crazy as it just comes straight back with interest

Comment

and things dont always go our way,ie Leicester and Palace match when we need to change things but couldnt really,because we didnt have anyone capable of doing that on the bench.Even yesterday we didnt look like winning,in fact Sheff Wed looked the more likely to win.Simpson is a good player BUT he simply cant keep doing it on his own and what about injury,then we would be rightly screwed.

Comment

Agree we need a super sub who is big, ugly and quick and scores

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Why does Simpson need anyone with him, we cannot play games with 12 players
              And you can't play a whole season with one striker. If Simpson gets injured, knackered, loses form, has an off day. etc... That's why we have a bench.
              Options Pete... better options.

Like the option to play 4-4-2, if the 4-2-3-1 isn't working too well.
              As in the Palace game.

Same as having to play a right footed player at left back, because the only left back was ill.
              We've rode our luck with injuries this season. We've had a few injuries, but they've been in the right positions for us to cover.
              Striker and full back(s) is not a strong/deep part of our squad.

Comment

I agree simpson needs a partner but for home games only i like the way we're playing away from home but at home we need to play to up and i dont mean taarabt or routledge i mean a proper centre forward.

Comment

in whom place will this new striker would play!!? there is no place for him ... except if we play 3 in the defense.
                  only 3-5-2 would do it.

Comment

Loving the way some people assume that Simpson wont get injured, lose form, get ill, suspended.. and play in every minute of every game.
                    Then what?

Look no further than Torres at Liverpool for what happens.

Or what happened to Cardiff yesterday when Chopra and Whittingham (12 goals EACH) were missing.
                    It happens. To every team.
                    Very short-sighted view to say we don't need another option just because Simpson is doing well, and everything's ok now.

Unless of course everyone is 100% happy for Pellicori, Vine or Agyemang to be the main man WHEN something happens to Simpson?
                    In that case, just leave it as it is. Fine.

Comment

i think for away games we seem to play the right formation but for home games we do really need two good strikers up front... taarabt aint a striker, neither is routledge... and vine and agyemang dont fit into the "good strikers" part. simpson does need a partner, especially for home games and away games against the poor sides.

Comment

Working...
                      X