No announcement yet.

Style Of Play..Is It Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style Of Play..Is It Important To You?

I think Jim Magilton has made us entertaining to watch, but on the other hand the most boring team in the league Swansea are only 1 point behind us we are scoring and even conceding, unlike Sousa's team who are really tight at the back.

We are, at times, rather exciting to watch.

Obviously, exciting and winning would be preferable. But you can't get everything you want....

So - is style of play important to you? What suits our players best?

Would rather a game where we win 4-3 or win by securing the game at 1-0?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

to me 3 points is 3 points 1-0 is the same as 7-0 in my eyes.....but then again football should be played the beautiful way.

Tough one, but what ever it takes to get promoted if that means ugly football at 1-0 I would take it.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

This obsession you have with Sousa is borderline OCD.
      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

to be honest its at a stage now where ill take a dirty 1-0 over a creative lovely passing football which gets us a draw.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

To me the style of play is massively imnportant. Look how many smiling faces there have been at how we have played recently. I'd much rather win stylishly than not, and I think winning and stylish play are mutually compatible.

Comment

1 - 0 would do for me....3 points is all i care about.

Comment

Captain Clunge, not relying my obsession just giving an example.

More to do with winning 1-0 or 4-3 and the style of play
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i would take a few clean sheets now just to steady things

Comment

Oddly enough, i sort of agree with Stedders(lol - i don't know him and i didnt mean in that way).

When i watched the Preston game - i can honestly say that i haven.t come away from Loftus Road with such a big smile on my face in ages.I have seen us beat teams 3/4 goals before - but it's the way we played all over the park.Follow that up with the Reading and even the derby game....If we played well and only won 1-0 i would have been just as happy.

Although we lost to leicester - for some reason.. i didnt get the same usually ..oh.s..t feeling.Just thought we got beaten and out thought on the night...tried to play football...but it didnt happen.

Waiting for our response on Tuesday night is going to be interesting.

I do feel that we need to tighten up in a few area's - not wanting to add to arguement about full backs, but if we are to continue playing this way - we need better full backs.

Comment

At the end of the day all we want is rangers winning games yes we'd all like to win the arsenal way with great passing and entertaining football like we did for three games but id take a boring 1-0 every wk if it meant we'd get promotion we've been out of the premiership for to long.

Comment

clean sheets? this threads a bit like the ugly bird good looking bird.if you had the option and knowing the ugly ones better in the sack,which one do you choose
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

whatever needs to be done....win
                        but if with some panache then great.

Comment

I think playing decent football is very important.
                          Teams like Blackburn and Stoke are in the premiership but I wouldn't want to watch their style week in week out. Yes it is effective but I liked to be entertained. Yes at the moment any win will do me as I want to see us gain promotion but I would rather us become a very successful footballing side.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A wins a win but football can be a very boring game to watch when teams sit back all the game. Sousa's tactics drove me to the brink of not wanting to go at times where's some of our slick play under Magilton makes it harder for me to miss games.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              I think Jim Magilton has made us entertaining to watch, but on the other hand the most boring team in the league Swansea are only 1 point behind us we are scoring and even conceding, unlike Sousa's team who are really tight at the back.

We are, at times, rather exciting to watch.

Obviously, exciting and winning would be preferable. But you can't get everything you want....

So - is style of play important to you? What suits our players best?

Would rather a game where we win 4-3 or win by securing the game at 1-0?
                              I really wish you'd give it a break about Sousa. Perhaps if you took into account all that the BBC notes you might be a little bit more forgiving:

Sousa, rightly or wrongly, has endured criticism already this season that perhaps has been a little naive and without substance if you scratch beneath the surface of their current 11th placed position.

Swansea boast the joint second-meanest defence in the Championship conceding just 10 goals, they have the longest unbeaten record of seven games and are just two points worse off this term compared with last season's start under Roberto Martinez.

Granted, Swansea are the division's lowest goal-scorers - hitting the net just nine times - but have started the season with an entirely new management team and minus last season's departed top-scorer Jason Scotland and free-scoring playmaker Jordi Gomez.

Add to that, Swansea have been without key midfielders Darren Pratley, Joe Allen and Ferrie Bodde for long periods as Sousa has had to rely in untested teenagers.

So being just six points off leaders Newcastle after 13 games is not bad for a club in transition and still relatively new to the second tier of English football

Comment

Working...
                              X