Style Of Play..Is It Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
    to me 3 points is 3 points 1-0 is the same as 7-0 in my eyes.....but then again football should be played the beautiful way.

Tough one, but what ever it takes to get promoted if that means ugly football at 1-0 I would take it.
    Except that a good goal difference could mean the difference between promotion or not. Worth another point when push comes to shove.

Comment

Win 1st, entertain second, if you can do both fine, if not, then win anyway anyhow.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Entertainment is paramount for me, the thrill & excitement, win lose or draw.
        I don't care for the premiership (most of us would be priced out if we got there IMO) boring 1-0's no thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
          I really wish you'd give it a break about Sousa.....
          Wasting your time there mate.

That trauma still runs pretty deep...

Comment

I wouldn't change what we have today for nothing, we will only get better and better.

No way would I want to go back to last year, I didn't even want to go it got that bad.

Comment

would rather entertainment over result,its the QPR WAY

Shut the Fark up about Sousa you plum
              From the Hills of Kerry
              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

I'll say it for the 3rd time you complete donut !!

It was a comparison as in winning 1-0, nothing else. I'm more talking about the style of football. Swansea are the best team to compare it too, as they hardly score or concede.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  I'll say it for the 3rd time you complete donut !!

It was a comparison as in winning 1-0, nothing else. I'm more talking about the style of football. Swansea are the best team to compare it too, as they hardly score or concede.
                  I'm not sure why you have to get personal. You were the one who brought up Sousa! I just pointed to some facts which means that he has to play a more conservative style. But still I'm beginning to realise that we shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good story ...

Comment

Birmingham managed promotion with boring 1-0's etc......so result first in my eyes...become fancy dans in the prem.........

Comment

I think Jim Magilton has made us entertaining to watch, but on the other hand the most boring team in the league Swansea are only 1 point behind us we are scoring and even conceding, unlike Sousa's team who are really tight at the back.

We are, at times, rather exciting to watch.

Obviously, exciting and winning would be preferable. But you can't get everything you want....

So - is style of play important to you? What suits our players best?

Would rather a game where we win 4-3 or win by securing the game at 1-0?
                      maybe the inclusion of this line led me to believe you were having a pop at our prev manager Peter, but then of course you are always right and anyone who doesnt concur is wrong
                      From the Hills of Kerry
                      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Style of play is more important than promotion IMO, I don't work hard all week too look forward to watch us maybe grind out a result.....I want to be entertained.

The football will be no where near as entertaining or unpredicatable in the PL as it is in the CCC.

Comment

I'm not always right, just 99% of the time
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete, whether this is just another dig at PS or not, can i just say that Sousa is respected by some people on here despite attempted brainwashing, and im afraid that isnt going to change (for me, anyhoots).

Comment

I cannot compare it to another club in the championship..

I'll rephrase it

Would your prefer the 1-0's and the odd 0-0's

or

4-2's and exciting football to watch.

Comment

The performances have been good, but trying to outscore your opponents all the time can be a bit dodgy, especially when your oppenants manage to nullify you.
                                So you are left with a toothless attack and a dodgy back 4/6.

The best strategy is being able to do both. Flamboyancy when it works and grit when it doesnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X