Spoke To Blackstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke To Blackstock

Spoke to Dexter yesterday and he was very down about having to leave us. Says, that he was not given the opportunity under Paulo Sousa that he felt he deserved. The move had been on the cards for sometime and he didn't feel comfortable playing in the system at the club. He felt, that he could not find any consistency with different wingers being played and different formations being played each week.

He let me know that he needed to regain some confidence and do what he is good at, scoring goals. He is still touch with all the players at the club and might even come for the player of the year party.

He wants to come back end of season, though he is enjoying life at Forest, he has a number for friends at the club he knew from before. I did not get into the ins and outs, about who knew what and when, but he told me that it was just first team football he wanted and he did have a few chats to Paulo and was told he could not be guaranteed the first team striker role every week. He knew, that maybe he should have scored more, but recollected the two goals that were disallowed and made a point of saying he was the club's top scorer.

Paulo Sousa in his mind focuses too much on the defensive side and when he was dropped completely for the Bristol city game, it was time to move on. he wishes the club every success, but would not come back under Paulo Sousa and is not sure yet what club he will be sold to in the summer.

Pretty much, what I heard.

cheers mate
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I can't see that he said all that, but if he did, my opinion of him has lowered hugely.

Any player saying "I won't work under him" can go as far as I'm concerned, just like Lee Camp.

Of course, this is if Dex did say that.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I didn't have a tape record.

I'm doing it by memory.

Don't take every word literally. I can tell you, he seemed to think Paulo Sousa did know, as he spoke to him before he went to Portugal for a 4 day break.

I'm not trying to be controversal, just letting you know the gist of the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post
          Paulo Sousa in his mind focuses too much on the defensive side and when he was dropped completely for the Bristol city game, it was time to move on. he wishes the club every success, but would not come back under Paulo Sousa and is not sure yet what club he will be sold to in the summer.
          Does this mean Sousa is off at the end of the season then?

Papers reporting he is coming back next year... very interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post
            I didn't have a tape record.

I'm doing it by memory.

Don't take every word literally. I can tell you, he seemed to think Paulo Sousa did know, as he spoke to him before he went to Portugal for a 4 day break.

I'm not trying to be controversal, just letting you know the gist of the conversation.
            All I meant was that I hope he didn't say the comment about not coming back under Sousa.
            That sort of attitude stinks.

Whether or not he seems to think that or not, there is still no proof the PS knew of Blackstocks departure, nor that it was santioned without his blessing.

As things stand, I cannot and won't believe Sousa knew as this is what he has told the press and fans alike.

You have to admit that this seems a strange thing to make up?

Comment

benny take your finger out mate.

Why would the top scorer who has been at the club for a number of years, want to stay if he keeps getting dropped or put on the bench.

You and I Know Dexter is the best striker we have ( we need more) but when someone like Forest come along (Cardiff and Sheff Utd wanted him as well) and says we want you to hit the back of the net and do what you are at good at, I'd go like a shot.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Just to add,

I'll bet you any money you want.

He will know who ihs strike partner will be and who the wingers will be at Forest

Comment

i've never personally rated blackstock

i don't think his a first team player yeah he scored a few goals but look at the chances his missed.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Why would the top scorer who has been at the club for a number of years, want to stay if he keeps getting dropped or put on the bench.

You and I Know Dexter is the best striker we have ( we need more) but when someone like Forest come along (Cardiff and Sheff Utd wanted him as well) and says we want you to hit the back of the net and do what you are at good at, I'd go like a shot.

Really? I'd rather have hoped he'd stay and fight for his place. If the reaction of every player to being dropped was to ****** off to another team, we'd soon run out of players to make up a starting eleven. He has presumably been paid handsomely by rangers over the years and little loyalty never goes a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Take my finger out?
                      For not sharing your opinion?

Hmmmmm....pot kettle!!!

I'm playing Devil's advocate Pete.
                      Two sides to every arguement.
                      Unfortunatly you keep narrowing down to one on everything.

I respect your opinion...you know that, but don't keep slating mine.

I'll say again...There is no proof the PS knew...Until then, I'll have to go with the only facts I have, ie., PS telling the fans and the press.

You cannot tell me that I'm wrong for saying that?

I'm sure we'll argue this properly on Monday mate :exciting:

Comment

Pete if Cardiff and Sheff Utd wanted him as well, why would Dexter go to a team that might be in league 2 next year compared to teams that might be playing in the prem.I think the truth is that no one wanted him apart forest and Cardiff and Sheff Utd's names were dropped in to add something to the story.

Also, the fact that Dexter is our best striker, is one of the reasons why only 3,000-5,000 people will renew their ST's for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          Pete if Cardiff and Sheff Utd wanted him as well, why would Dexter go to a team that might be in league 2 next year compared to teams that might be playing in the prem.I think the truth is that no one wanted him apart forest and Cardiff and Sheff Utd's names were dropped in to add something to the story.

Also, the fact that Dexter is our best striker, is one of the reasons why only 3,000-5,000 people will renew their ST's for next season.
                          Paul...That wasn't Dexters choice.

QPR would not loan him to a club above us.
                          That, I have told you before.

Comment

Benny - On the basis I think this is all about getting him of the wage bill, if the others really wanted him, Dexter could have said no to forest and dug his heels in and he would have got a move to one of them, if they wanted him in the first place.

Comment

well he wont be going to arsenal chelsea liverpool or man u if he has to have the same wingers playing every week

hope this is bs. the reason he should do as hes told is that he is under contract and paid to simple as that. if he wants to play week in week out with the smae players every week then he needs to look elsewhere.

i like blackstock but am dissapointed in his attitude if this is true
                              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                              X