No announcement yet.

are we better than the team of 82/83???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we better than the team of 82/83???

hypothetical i know but that side ,whilst gifted with attacking flare like todays' played on 'that' pitch which was a big big advantage.....i watched yesterdays game again and ,even if derby are an average ccc side at best, the way in which we dispatched them i believe has sent alarm bells ringing throughout this league!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

never.check our away results...plastic or grass rangers were class.

Comment

im not so sure old son....id fancy this lot on current form to beat the class of 82/83!

Comment

Its always difficult comparing teams from different eras but teams that play the sort of confident passing as we are doing of late would be difficult to beat. Having said that the 82 team were a good side who played with great confidence under El Tel. My prediction would be team of '82' 3 team of '09' 2.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Difficult comparison tbh, I think the 82-83 side was more functional, 1-0 away wins with Venables offside game etc, but this side has more flair, and at the moment is scoring goals which reflect that.
          I would sooner watch this side.

Comment

:(............surely the team of 09 would get their regulation four old chap!

Comment

Stainrod, allen, wicks, roeder, fenwick, dawes and gregory were better than their opos in the current team old chap

Comment

mmm im not so sure if todays midfield wouldnt dominate the 83 boys and unleash hell!

Comment

Working...
                X