Come on admit it - part two...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on admit it - part two...

I have read on this and other boards, that when we were 2-0 down -everyone felt we would still go on and win the game.

ME INCLUDED.....I cannot explain why, but i felt we would go on and easily win the match.....Our build up play is far and away the best ive seen for many a year.Maybe we don't need an out and out striker...cannot really grumble at 12 goals in last 3 games....

Just talking about it now, exactly thinking that.

The other thing was that even though we were 3-2 up, normally I am really nervous, wasn't yesterday
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Exactly same feeling. Before the 2nd half, I said to myself If we score an early goal we would win it.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I think scoring just before half time really helped as it would have certainly changed that tactics discussed in the break.

Always thought we score a couple but did think it would be four

Comment

Pete - even though i feel Ramage and Borrowdale are not the best full backs in the league, i agree with you at 3-2 i never once felt nervous.

Having seen the destruction of Preston first hand and telling people to watch this game, we won without really stepping up to our final gear.If Rangers fans were watching this and are thinking about coming back to Loftus Road...do so.With a couple of tweaks here and there, this squad ifeel(In my opinion) will easily achieve top 6 this season.

Comment

I was despondent but even when we were 2-0 my brother said "we can still murder this team, we are in a different league."

Know what you mean about the striker - we are playing like a mini Arsenal. However, Routledge is being played out of position up front - he is a better creator than scorer. Even in the last few brilliant games a big, mobile centre forward - even if only to come off the bench - wd have given us several more goals. There is so much quality coming into the box we just need a little more up there to capitalise on it.

Comment

While the team keep banging in 4 or 5 goals, think we are all happy.

I do take your point about Ramage and Borrowdale, but the way we play it is likely we will concede goals, as we are so open at times. On the other hand, we will score double at the other end
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Never doubted it for a minute and also refused to believe this QPR side could ever get done over by Robbie Savage.

Comment

I had the feeling we could still get something at 2-0 just from the way we were playing and how poor Derby were at keeping the ball.

However at 3-2 I did feel nervous, mainly because we weren't keeping the ball as well when Taraabt and Simpson came off. I think Taraabt should have stayed on because our tactics completely changed. Instead of keeping it on the deck and having either Routledge and Taraabt running at players, we were lumping it up and hope it stuck. Not that I think Agyemang did bad, but I think losing those two effected the way the entire team was playing. We basically needed to swap like for like as it was working perfectly against an out of their depth Derby team.

Comment

Never felt nervous at ALL.

ALl i was thinking at 2-0 was...when we score 3 or 4 our goal difference aint as good as it could be
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

No I mean I still thought we could lose the game but the fact was they scored two goals that were given to them by us, they were absolutely useless the whole time and we by far an away the better team, at times it looked like a cup game with them playing a team from a couple of leagues above!

Comment

I was sitting there watching the game with a few guys, we went 2-0 down and I told them all we'll score 3 or 4 in the second half and win.

I was the one with a smile on my face come 90 minutes and they were left speechless.

Comment

Working...
                        X