The club should do more to boost attendances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The club should do more to boost attendances

Because our support base is spread out and many fans have stated that cost in getting to and from matches is a major factor, I think the club should do more to encourage the growth of regional supporters groups and affiliations amongst fans that live outside of London.

I'm sure that many R's fans would go to more games if they were aware of others in their region who travelled to home games. Lift sharing amongst fans would surely lead to bigger crowds.

The club could actively seek out those able to offer car sharing and could offer incentives and advertise the service and help grow more regional supporters groups.

Another idea is that the club lay on free transport to the games with pick up/drop off points from Middx Herts Bucks etc. Charlton Athletic do this for their home games and they are not a bigger club than us.

good idea , i see three QPR fans at belvedere station there are a good few around the kent area,
    QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Certainly worked at Charlton
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Much too sensible that idea .
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Loads of R's in basingstoke.

Comment

Playing devils advocate, the club might say that with the new Shepherds Bush & Wood Lane station's if never been easier to get to Loftus Rd, also there are bus routes in South Africa rd.

Comment

They need to do far more promos to be honest, and then not to smakc the loyal fans in the face by saying they still pay full price, but can get other in for less.....

Why not offer the promotion, but offer tickets to members and ST holders at the same price. As ST holders have already outlayed the cash, they could get sent a voucher for the club shop for the difference... that way they are happy and the revenue still remains within the club.

That was it would attract more members for starters and they are the ones who would bring people.

I know they are doing these match packs also, but they don't work for everyone. You should be able to order bulk allocations for future fixtures (subject to availablitiy for that fixture at the time) for a discounted rate (5 for price of 4, or similar) without restrictions, ie, cos my misses works saturdays, i have to pick only midweek games to see, etc, or if people are on holiday they won't want a certain fixture included as not in the country etc..

Comment

Loads around Tonbridge in Kent too

Comment

[QUOTE=Del;159021]Th

Why not offer the promotion, but offer tickets to members and ST holders at the same price. As ST holders have already outlayed the cash, they could get sent a voucher for the club shop for the difference... that way they are happy and the revenue still remains within the club.

good idea Del

Comment

Many more Family days in the lower tier of the School End.

It was nearly full against Barnsley

At least 10 of the remaining home games will have poor away crowds.
                    Last edited by cross it Dave; 22-10-2009, 11:22 AM. Reason: wrong word used, less should have been poor

Comment

All they need to do is lower the prices, win a few more games and people will come back.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                        Because our support base is spread out and many fans have stated that cost in getting to and from matches is a major factor, I think the club should do more to encourage the growth of regional supporters groups and affiliations amongst fans that live outside of London.

I'm sure that many R's fans would go to more games if they were aware of others in their region who travelled to home games. Lift sharing amongst fans would surely lead to bigger crowds.

The club could actively seek out those able to offer car sharing and could offer incentives and advertise the service and help grow more regional supporters groups.

Another idea is that the club lay on free transport to the games with pick up/drop off points from Middx Herts Bucks etc. Charlton Athletic do this for their home games and they are not a bigger club than us.
                        Very well said
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Agree.

Kent could do with a coach service.

Comment

Working...
                          X