My son's U12 team:

Rangers x 1
      Gooners x 2
      Spuds x 2
      Foreign teams x 2
      Liverpool x 4
      Sucm x 3
      Foolham x 1

What's really wrong is that most have not seen their team play!... only my son and the Fulham supporter regularly go to a match :very_sad:

Comment

Winalotto - if we go up - then the crowds will increase as i assume the premier league clubs will bring more away???

I don't see our stay away fans as glory hunters.We had more in the old Holloway days in league one.

Where as prices are a big factor - having witnessed the football on Saturday - more fans will come if they know the football they are watching is worth the trip.

I know that is scant comfort to those who have watched dross football for the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
          Glory hunters will come back out the woodworks if we keep this up...

what i cant stand is when man u fans around here go "oh yeah i think were gonna do it"..and they laugh at liverpool as if they really have some big feelings towards the big rivalry... Such rubbish, they havent got the first clue what supportng a football team is all about....

How someone can support a team they have no links with in any way and live 400 miles away from is just stupid, and rather sad...They sit in the pub buy a shirt and think there the ******, its rather embarrissing.
          Are you saying that i, and many others who cannot get to games are not supporters? So when i get up in the middle of the night here and listen to the commentary (when i can get it) or read the min by min updates as the game is played and go online everyday to keep a check of what happens at the R's that i can never be as committed a supporter as you? Or am i just sad for doing this and buying the shirts for me and my daughter? I wish i was able to support at the games but short of that i will support in the best way i can - if this makes me sad then so be it.

Comment

ozzie - how are you doing....?

I think that his last line was in answer to my post about the big club glory hunters as opposed to stay away QPR fans.You are neither.You are a QPR fans supporting your club in another part of world.Which is vitally important to a club like QPR

Comment

Originally posted by qprozzie View Post
              Are you saying that i, and many others who cannot get to games are not supporters? So when i get up in the middle of the night here and listen to the commentary (when i can get it) or read the min by min updates as the game is played and go online everyday to keep a check of what happens at the R's that i can never be as committed a supporter as you? Or am i just sad for doing this and buying the shirts for me and my daughter? I wish i was able to support at the games but short of that i will support in the best way i can - if this makes me sad then so be it.
              Carm down carm down, i was actually thinking of a lad i know, born in ascot, supports man utd. Says it all....It was also a follow on post to add to what spencer was saying.
              Last edited by Youvebeenrangered; 21-10-2009, 12:21 PM.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Lol youv.e been rangered - i just explained that....

Comment

Doing ok thanks Spencer, how are you? Sorry if i took it out of conext but on its own it does look a little odd to me. As for the glory hunting when you have to explain to people whose shirt you are wearing and what division they are in i think the glory hunting idea gets dismissed. I am looking forward to the televised games and hoping that the form continues so i can see the quality that everyone else has been seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                    Lol youv.e been rangered - i just explained that....
                    Jesus i thought he was gonna put a bounty on my head!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                      Winalotto - if we go up - then the crowds will increase as i assume the premier league clubs will bring more away???
                      not sure about that, there are a lot bigger clubs in the CCC than prem, your wigans boltons blackburns etc wouldn't sell out and we'd get more from sheffield clubs, derby, west brom et al. but we'd get more sell outs on average, not sure if i've just contradicted myself

Comment

hey rangered i am indeed calm - take a lot more than that to make me otherwise. plus i have no money for the bounty.

Comment

Magic, you're probably right thinking about that.Not sure how many Reading brought last night but Preston wasn't great.

I was just thinking back to the old premiership days when it seemd that the away end was always full...either that or im just getting old and my memory is playing tricks...

Comment

Originally posted by qprozzie View Post
                            hey rangered i am indeed calm - take a lot more than that to make me otherwise. plus i have no money for the bounty.
                            kool kool! So just the kneecaps then yeah!?

Comment

We have other methods down here... lol

Comment

In my office block the fans are made up of these teams;

Liverpool x2
                                Chelsea x1
                                Arsenal x3
                                Nottingham Forest x3
                                Ipswich x5
                                Norwich x2
                                Wet Spam x4
                                Charlton x1
                                Man City x1
                                Brighton x1
                                Sunderland x2
                                Derby x1
                                Reading x1
                                Cambridge United x 2
                                Swansea x1

I am in heaven at the moment but to be fair all of the above have supported their team all their lives except the Reading fan who just supports them to wind me up.

My pet hate is to youngsters wearing the so called top 4 shirts when they have no interest in going to see them. I think it is purely peer pressure not to be seen supporting a non big four team.
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X