Football League Statement..Early This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football League Statement..Early This Week

Will confirm Flavio Briatore will be given time to prove his "fit and proper" character to the football league and they will wait on the FIA regarding any appeal Flavio will make.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Will confirm Flavio Briatore will be given time to prove his "fit and proper" character to the football league and they will wait on the FIA regarding any appeal Flavio will make.
    No replies within 45 minutes. Amazing what a couple of wins will do. Let's hope the wit##### is stopped and we all begin to look after one of our own, who after all has played a big part in turning a team around after 15 years of dross, into a largely entertaining team with far far better prospects.

I for one are grateful.

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems as if most people (QPR supporters or not) when presented with a moral choice between supporting an immoral/corrupt individual from whom they derive direct or indirect material gain or condemning his/her actions and supporting justice opt for the former.
      This is very sad and is ultimately why wealth and power remain aligned; why so-called democratic countries back oil-rich despots; why human society can't evolve beyond a certain point.
      This sounds ridiculously grand but it's the same principle. I would always choose financial over moral bankruptcy but sadly it seems the majority wouldn't. Furthermore, in this case, the choice doesn't even seem so stark. Briatore's forced exit would probably not condemn the Club to financial ruin. So what's the issue? Beyond the capital injections do you think he's been a force for good at the Club? Do you think he's upheld and enhanced the reputation and dignity of the Football Club?
      We have been in existence since 1882. A reputation takes a long time to build and a short time to destroy. He's only been here a short time and he's done a great deal to damage the reputation of QPR.
      Having read the dossier of evidence and verdict of the FIA, I can conclude that FB is a cheat and put people's lives at risk in the most cynical and selfish way. Having seen his reign at QPR, I can see he is a dictator more interested in the personal luxury of his entourage than the well-being of the fans (that's why there was only 12k there yesterday) and he treats the Club like his own plaything.

If the FA's Constitution means anything then FB will be told to go. I think QPR fans should hope for such a verdict.

Comment

So you don't like him?

Comment

FB put us back on the map, simple as that and unless someone proves he is an unmittigated cheat, which they clearly can't or the FL would have banned him, then I hope he gets the chance to turn his dream into ours.
          Not a particularly nice man but as I have said time after time neither was Gregory but no one minded between 69 -79 did they UNTIL we got relegated............funny isn't it the way it goes !

Comment

So, as I've always said they can't do anything to Flab as there's no way the FIA statemennt gives the FL a leg to stand on.

So much for it not being Rocket Science!

So, if he's not going to be banned and not going to walk away, what does this mean to Amit and the Mittals?
            Will they hang around?

Comment

As someone else posted on another board, without Flav we would never have had the joy that is Akos Buzacky in our lives

Comment

will this change Mittals interest in the club if FB stays will they hang around?

Comment

football lge have just said they wont make any decision on flav untill after his appeal with the fia.

Comment

According to Standard last night, Flavio submitted papers to football League yesterday.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Flavio Briatore will find out if he has a future in Formula 1 and as co-owner of QPR on 24 November when he challenges his lifetime motorsport ban.

The ex-Renault team boss is appealing against the punishment he received for his involvement in the race-fixing row.

The Football League say it will wait on the outcome of the hearing in Paris before deciding whether to take action.

If the ban remains, it may put the 59-year-old Italian in violation of the League's 'fit and proper person test'.

The test stipulates that an owner, prospective owner or director of a club should not be "subject to a ban from a sports governing body relating to the administration of their sport".

I have every confidence that the French courts will resolve the matter justly and impartially

Flavio Briatore
                      Briatore was penalised in September for his role in Renault's attempt to fix last year's Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash deliberately.

The FIA has banned Briatore indefinitely from events it sanctions and forbade him from managing drivers.

The Italian responded by saying the "FIA has been used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man", and is bidding to seek damages from them and get his lifetime ban overturned.

In a statement, he described the penalty against him as a "legal absurdity", adding: "I have every confidence that the French courts will resolve the matter justly and impartially."

A Football League statement issued on Tuesday read: "The Football League has noted the decision by Queens Park Rangers director Flavio Briatore to commence legal proceedings against the FIA in the French courts.

"Lord Mawhinney, chairman of the Football League, met with Mr Briatore on Friday, where they discussed the recent decision of the World Motor Sport Council. Mr Briatore informed Lord Mawhinney of his intention to take legal action against the FIA.

"The Football League will now await the court decision before taking any further action."

Piquet's crash led to a safety car period, which promoted his team-mate Fernando Alonso to a position from which the Spaniard was able to win the race despite starting 15th on the grid.

An internal investigation by Renault found Briatore and former engineering director Pat Symonds guilty of organising the fixing attempt.

The FIA gave Renault a ban from F1, suspended for two years, and instead decided to punish Briatore and Symonds, who has been banned from FIA-sanctioned events for five years.

Watch Piquet's Singapore crash
                      Briatore's statement accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".

It added that: "Flavio Briatore intends to obtain an order from the court quashing the FIA's decision insofar as it relates to him, together with an order, subject to a penalty for non-compliance, requiring the Federation to withdraw any penalty imposed on him.

"He is also seeking damages and official publication of the court's decision."

The FIA tried to impose a similar ban on the two men at the heart of the McLaren spy scandal in 2007, only for president Max Mosley to admit its lawyers had advised him the ban was probably not enforceable.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

would'nt be surprised if bernie had an influence on the way the FIA judgement was pronounced in order to confuse the FL as to flav's status.

Comment

Originally posted by RamseyR View Post
                          No replies within 45 minutes. Amazing what a couple of wins will do. Let's hope the wit##### is stopped and we all begin to look after one of our own, who after all has played a big part in turning a team around after 15 years of dross, into a largely entertaining team with far far better prospects.

I for one are grateful.
                          Agreed.....I'm grateful too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            FB put us back on the map, simple as that and unless someone proves he is an unmittigated cheat, which they clearly can't or the FL would have banned him, then I hope he gets the chance to turn his dream into ours.
                            Not a particularly nice man but as I have said time after time neither was Gregory but no one minded between 69 -79 did they UNTIL we got relegated............funny isn't it the way it goes !
                            Are you joking with this statement? He is now allowed to do anythign to do with F1 or teh FIA, how the hell can you say he clearly cannot be proved a cheat?

He got caught cheating and should be thrown out. The Mittals may take over when he goes, too much guessing and people claiming to know.

But he should be chucked out, if not then the FL are a joke and have no bottle

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
                              Are you joking with this statement? He is now allowed to do anythign to do with F1 or teh FIA, how the hell can you say he clearly cannot be proved a cheat?

He got caught cheating and should be thrown out. The Mittals may take over when he goes, too much guessing and people claiming to know.

But he should be chucked out, if not then the FL are a joke and have no bottle
                              Have you actually read the 'evidence' that proves Flavio is guilty? No, because there isn't any apart from the word of a single disgruntled driver. Even Pat Symmonds fell on his sword rather than testify against Flavio in return for immunity. How can it not have been a witchhunt if two of the admitted perpetrators are offered immunity in return for saying "It was Flav's idea".

Comment

Working...
                              X