Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR Board decline meeting with QPR 1st....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think dialogue between the club and the fans is essential.

But to be honest I'm hardly surprised that the club declined a meeting with QPR1st at this stage, we need to see what the Football League's conclusion is with regards to Flavio Briatore before hand.

I have heard that the last One QPR meeting was a bit of a shambles with some of our fans groups banging on about some quite frankly embarrassing topics to our board of Directors.

I would suggest that a fans forum in the new year would be the way forward rather than meeting the network of supporters clubs and QPR message boards.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Nodge 70, just to clarify once again, I have nothing to do with the management of QPR. I have no inside knowledge of the workings of the club. I am purely a season ticket holder of many many years that gets frustrated about fans concentrating on what is wrong with our club as opposed what is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        I think dialogue between the club and the fans is essential.

But to be honest I'm hardly surprised that the club declined a meeting with QPR1st at this stage, we need to see what the Football League's conclusion is with regards to Flavio Briatore before hand.

I have heard that the last One QPR meeting was a bit of a shambles with some of our fans groups banging on about some quite frankly embarrassing topics to our board of Directors.

I would suggest that a fans forum in the new year would be the way forward rather than meeting the network of supporters clubs and QPR message boards.
        Fans Forums again turn into shouting matches and nothing gets done with mucho frustration on both sides.

The Club need to identify an INDEPENDENT supporters association and meet with this group only and channel communication through this group. I realise this would undoubtedly isolate a number of the current groups but the Club just can't meet with all. That's a ridiculous situation. All supporters would know which independent association the club has dialogue with and have the free and fair choice to join that association if they wanted their view represented.

It's not politics - we really don't need a million and one splinter groups - it damages the strength of the support base. Probably "a good thing" for the club (divide and conquer) but very bad for us schmucks.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
          Nodge 70, just to clarify once again, I have nothing to do with the management of QPR. I have no inside knowledge of the workings of the club. I am purely a season ticket holder of many many years that gets frustrated about fans concentrating on what is wrong with our club as opposed what is good.
          You may well say that, I couldn't possibly comment......

Fair point highlighted.
          (nb - might be worthwhile changing some of your intonation and phrasing in posting. It has "clues" writ large.)
          Last edited by Guest; 16-10-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            Fans Forums again turn into shouting matches and nothing gets done with mucho frustration on both sides.

The Club need to identify an INDEPENDENT supporters association and meet with this group only and channel communication through this group. I realise this would undoubtedly isolate a number of the current groups but the Club just can't meet with all. That's a ridiculous situation. All supporters would know which independent association the club has dialogue with and have the free and fair choice to join that association if they wanted their view represented.

It's not politics - we really don't need a million and one splinter groups - it damages the strength of the support base. Probably "a good thing" for the club (divide and conquer) but very bad for us schmucks.
            Good post but I think if a fans forum is managed in the correct manner then that would be the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
              Good post but I think if a fans forum is managed in the correct manner then that would be the way forward.
              I think they are an excellent way to impart information, especially around the playing side - think you need a formal minuted meeting for the chunkier stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                I think they are an excellent way to impart information, especially around the playing side - think you need a formal minuted meeting for the chunkier stuff.
                I think the Report from the One QPR meeting took about two months to be relayed back to the fans?

Comment

Well said Nodge, Peter, Writtler etc........:red_heart::chill:and so on.....

Comment

Working...
                  X