Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR Board decline meeting with QPR 1st....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR Board decline meeting with QPR 1st....

...according to QPR REPORT........
    QPR1st Site - Meetings with the Club
    - Thursday, 15 October 2009
    - Representatives of QPR1st are looking forward to an informal meeting with representatives of the Club to discuss how the Club is hoping to improve the service it provides to fans.
    - In view of the on-going investigation by the Football League and continued media speculation about the future of the Club were Mr. Briatore forced to resign, the supporters trust has also requested a formal meeting with the Board of Directors of QPR. The Club has informed QPR1st that it does not feel that such a meeting is necessary at this current point in time. We appreciate that the Board of Directors might prefer to postpone the meeting until the Football League has reached a final decision." QPR1st

The 12 members of QPR 1st will be devestated
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

i think its fair enough from the club considering flav is still here
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Totally agree with the clubs stance on this. Next thing, Finney will be wanting his own meeting.

Club is in the best shape it has been for years. Just look at all the charitable stuff it does also.

I know Tracy is popular around these parts etc, however, with the season ticket fiasco last season I do believe she showed herself to be unreasonable in argument and for me she does not have enough reasonability about her worthy of represent any fan group despite how much she loves the club.

I feel at times, that her approach is far too aggressive, just my opinion.

Comment

Ah Mr Condescending personified strikes again.
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Im not bothered one way or the other TBH.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Bottom line, I am happy that there are three, not one, very successful men in charge of our club, who between them should be able to make our club a success.

They hardly need the help of QPR1st or anyone similar.

IN my opinion, QPR1st and others should focus their attention on the underlying problem of football and that is players wages. Stop having a go at football chaimen and directors re ticket prices.

Join together with supporters trustsof other clubs and together you can be of some use.

Comment

Conners, spot on

Comment

Why you have chosen this to have a pop at Tracy on this point is inexplicable and shows how informed your opinion is. Tracy stepped away from the Trust committee over a year ago.

As for players wages I think this is primarily down to the directors and management of a football club. perhaps when clubs realise that they cannot keep hiking ticket prices up they may look at curbing players wages but I dont see any one club tackling this on thier own it would need a concerted joint effort and I fear there will always be clubs willing to break ranks to attract players.

Also the board might feel they dont need supporters groups or the supporters even to be a success but they might find that success could be acheived quicker and easier if they worked with supporters rather than simply milk them like the cash cows they appear to think supporters are.

If they had listened to representation form the various groups a year ago, the atmosphere would be a lot better at LR this season than it has been so far with more bums on seats, more merchandising sold and I have no doubt more overall revenue
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                    Why you have chosen this to have a pop at Tracy on this point is inexplicable and shows how informed your opinion is. Tracy stepped away from the Trust committee over a year ago.

As for players wages I think this is primarily down to the directors and management of a football club. perhaps when clubs realise that they cannot keep hiking ticket prices up they may look at curbing players wages but I dont see any one club tackling this on thier own it would need a concerted joint effort and I fear there will always be clubs willing to break ranks to attract players.

Also the board might feel they dont need supporters groups or the supporters even to be a success but they might find that success could be acheived quicker and easier if they worked with supporters rather than simply milk them like the cash cows they appear to think supporters are.

If they had listened to representation form the various groups a year ago, the atmosphere would be a lot better at LR this season than it has been so far with more bums on seats, more merchandising sold and I have no doubt more overall revenue
                    Can't disagree with you there peter. And, well, it's quite obvious with the club pushing the official supporters club's messageboard and the like that they only want to talk to fans via them.

What I will say, and this isnt a dig at QPR1st in any way shape or form, but the way that one qpr carried on i'm not surprised that the board thought/think...there's no point dealing with this lot if all they're going to moan about is pies and hand dryers.
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I would never take a pop at ANYONE who is trying to better the interface between the club and the fans unless they showed a flagrant disregard for fans' opinions.

If any of you slating 1st have written to the trust asking them to address specific issues and been told 'on your bike, this is OUR gig', then fine, slate away, but somehow I doubt that you have.

Whatever you may feel about the stability of the club's ownership right now, there is a place for a body linking the board and the fans. Even if you think things are rosy and all praise Flab and GP (as I know some on here do...), you have to admit that there is a chance that this may break down at some point - 'all good things come to an end' and all that... AT that point, trying to jack up a meeting would be impossible; however, if a dialogue was in place...

We all sit here and moan away (me included), but how many of you can honestly say that you've tried to change anything? We can't really moan too much unless we have tried, can we?

As to having a pop at Tracy; pointless. I don't know any details, but I sense that whatever is going on in her life, she has been affected by derogatory comments from other Rs fans and appears to have taken a less active role in the messageboards; I for one think her posts and match reports are missed on t'interweb.

When I see the grief she's had, I fully understand why she should feel 'why bother'. If that's what we do to the people that try to help us, then God Help us...

Comment

Davman, I am not saying by any means that Tracy is a bad person. It is quite clear for all to see that she is a good supporter of QPR and I am sure her efforts have always been carried out with the best intentions of the clubs fans at heart, however, i have read the minutes of a number of these so called fans meetings in the past and it is quite clear to me that many of the people attending them are not prepared to listen to an argument other than their own. Maybe the club have become disillusioned about people who are just wanting to moan, when they, the directors, believe that they are improving things and not getting any appreciation for it.

The club does not need to be having meetings with fan groups at this time when there are more important issues to be dealt with.

Comment

I think these kinda things are a complete waste of time and if people attending them think they are useful, what has ever changed to benefit THE FANS, after one of these talking shops.

Comment

It's vitally important that the supporters have an independent association away from the club. I've seen first hand how "official" supporters organisations are manipulated and used for the clubs own end. Whether that be QPR 1st, LSA or whoever. Official supporters groups are nothing more than an hypocrisy. Similarly it is vital that the club engages with the independent groups. If nothing more than to open a communication flow.

The club may well have bigger fish to fry, and I agree that it probably isn't the right time to call a meeting, but any dismissal out of hand, as Conners(Ali/Ormond or the other monkey to the organ grinder) has illustrated rather condescendingly above shows just how out of touch the clubs administration is and that nothing will change. Yes the meetings can be talking shops and an exercise in box ticking but can also draw out very useful (and profitable) commercial enterprises.

If Ali/GP/Head of Ticket Office/Head of Retail/Safety Manager or Magilton can't spare a couple of hours one every once every 4 months, that's a pretty sad state of affairs.
                            Last edited by Guest; 16-10-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Well said Nodge and Peter..
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                              X